Open TigerLinks

Well: Pastner has 5 Top 100 visits + Top Juco visits
Bookmark and Share
bigbob Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Well: Pastner has 5 Top 100 visits + Top Juco visits
Well, well, well. Really.

And Calkins and Parrish were 10 days ago lambasting Pastner for "not being in on any Top 100 recruits".....with Calkins limp-wristed article on "the looming debacle that is recruiting".

Parrish the CBS Sports "expert". Calkins the, well, whatever he is.

And they whined on and on. And on. Many (well, at least 9) on this board parroted that patent nonsense.

And here we are. And, one could ask "where is that"?

We have a coach who is a top college recruiter.

And we have 2 journalists who couldn't find their rear ends with both hands at high noon on a sunny day.

Will there be correcting and retraction articles? NO....as their courage is far less than their competence...which is NIL.

Now let the 9 bask in their incoherence and incompetence.

And still, NOT ONE donor or person of influence has joined this band of nattering nabobs who could all fit in a 63 VW. Save 2 seats for Calkins and Parrish and take them with you.

By the way, there will be other major recruits visiting (and signing) and the level of silly will reach new lows by the "journalists" and the "nats".
09-03-2015 11:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jason80 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: M-Town
RE: Well: Pastner has 5 Top 100 visits + Top Juco visits
Give it a rest already. We have had top ten classes before what was the result of that? Besides they are visiting bookmark this thread because I will bet you we get no top one hundred players besides Fisher. U can be blind if u like but people who are paid to know these things do not think memphis is a real contender for anyone other than Fisher. I hope he proves them wrong but I doubt it. It's over for him recruiting top players unless they are local or have local ties. U can hold on to whatever shread of hope you like but disappoint will await if u really expect to land any of those kids.
09-04-2015 03:48 AM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
Pastners strength has always been recruiting. We will see, I suspect he can still recruit well, probably not top 10. It would be easier to fend off the critics had we actually made a NCAA run or two during his tenure.
09-04-2015 05:51 AM
roachman48 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(09-04-2015 05:51 AM)MemphisTigerPawr Wrote:  Pastners strength has always been recruiting. We will see, I suspect he can still recruit well, probably not top 10. It would be easier to fend off the critics had we actually made a NCAA run or two during his tenure.

Good points. Josh REALLY NEEDS a decent NCAA run.
09-04-2015 06:25 AM
bigbob Offline
2nd String

(09-04-2015 03:48 AM)jason80 Wrote:  Give it a rest already. We have had top ten classes before what was the result of that? Besides they are visiting bookmark this thread because I will bet you we get no top one hundred players besides Fisher. U can be blind if u like but people who are paid to know these things do not think memphis is a real contender for anyone other than Fisher. I hope he proves them wrong but I doubt it. It's over for him recruiting top players unless they are local or have local ties. U can hold on to whatever shread of hope you like but disappoint will await if u really expect to land any of those kids.

My my how the argument changes.

First, Pastner "isn't in" on any Top 100 folks; well yes he is

Then, none will be here to visit; well yes they are visiting

Next, he really won't get any of them; he will get 6 recruits with scholarships and the class will have strong rankings

Well, of course, all he will do is compete for conference championships and get in the NCAA

All along the process, the ninny-nannies will be proven wrong and change arguments as they are proven wrong

All (9) who fit in that category--including you--should "give it a rest"
09-04-2015 06:29 AM
450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis
(09-04-2015 06:29 AM)bigbob Wrote:  
(09-04-2015 03:48 AM)jason80 Wrote:  Give it a rest already. We have had top ten classes before what was the result of that? Besides they are visiting bookmark this thread because I will bet you we get no top one hundred players besides Fisher. U can be blind if u like but people who are paid to know these things do not think memphis is a real contender for anyone other than Fisher. I hope he proves them wrong but I doubt it. It's over for him recruiting top players unless they are local or have local ties. U can hold on to whatever shread of hope you like but disappoint will await if u really expect to land any of those kids.

Next, he really won't get any of them; he will get 6 recruits with scholarships and the class will have strong rankings

Well, of course, all he will do is compete for conference championships and get in the NCAA

All along the process, the ninny-nannies will be proven wrong and change arguments as they are proven wrong

03-lmfao Please follow Pastner wherever he goes after the year is over. 03-lmfao
09-04-2015 06:41 AM
Advertisement

holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

I think pastners personal likeability is off the charts. Hence, the interest from high level recruits, and parents. If he gets to the point that he can sell our program with a successful ncaa run, too, then look out.
09-04-2015 06:45 AM
DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

When someone has an agenda....it is very hard for them to FOCUS on the discussion and the topic. Thanks for posting this and correcting the very bad journalism we had been subjected to.
09-04-2015 09:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bigbob Offline
2nd String

(09-04-2015 06:41 AM)450bench Wrote:  

03-lmfao Please follow Pastner wherever he goes after the year is over. 03-lmfao

Won't be difficult because Pastner and I will be HERE

YOU need to go somewhere else and take the other 8 ninny-nannies with you
09-04-2015 09:28 AM
tigersroll Offline
All American

How many will he get? Im excited already YOOOOHOOOOOOO
09-04-2015 09:34 AM
TigersRuleAll Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(09-03-2015 11:58 PM)bigbob Wrote:  Well, well, well. Really.

And Calkins and Parrish were 10 days ago lambasting Pastner for "not being in on any Top 100 recruits".....with Calkins limp-wristed article on "the looming debacle that is recruiting".

Parrish the CBS Sports "expert". Calkins the, well, whatever he is.

And they whined on and on. And on. Many (well, at least 9) on this board parroted that patent nonsense.

And here we are. And, one could ask "where is that"?

We have a coach who is a top college recruiter.

And we have 2 journalists who couldn't find their rear ends with both hands at high noon on a sunny day.

Will there be correcting and retraction articles? NO....as their courage is far less than their competence...which is NIL.

Now let the 9 bask in their incoherence and incompetence.

And still, NOT ONE donor or person of influence has joined this band of nattering nabobs who could all fit in a 63 VW. Save 2 seats for Calkins and Parrish and take them with you.

By the way, there will be other major recruits visiting (and signing) and the level of silly will reach new lows by the "journalists" and the "nats".

Awesome news! I think we have a great chance to finish in the top ten visits class this year.
09-04-2015 09:41 AM
Advertisement

DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

It is interesting to see that the Negative Nancy's always are basing everything on their crystal balls and what their balls seem to tell them about the future. Very little is based on any FACTUAL information. It seems to be the major difference in the arguments posted on here. The NNs always speculate.....the real fans just post what is going on based on factual information. Once the facts are posted (i.e. top players visiting Memphis, the development of our guards under Damon, etc) the NNs have to say something crazy like "it won't matter because Pastner won't be here anyway" like they actually know something...which everyone knows they don't. Comments like that just make them look idiotic.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2015 11:02 AM by DallasTiger.)
09-04-2015 10:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
450bench Offline

(09-04-2015 09:28 AM)bigbob Wrote:  

Let us know how Nick does at Auburn. I'll be here with all the realists.
09-04-2015 11:17 AM
2tigers Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U of M and LSU
(09-04-2015 11:17 AM)450bench Wrote:  

I'll bet he want he want be on the team.
09-04-2015 11:36 AM
450bench Offline

(09-04-2015 11:36 AM)2tigers Wrote:  
(09-04-2015 11:17 AM)450bench Wrote:  
(09-04-2015 06:29 AM)bigbob Wrote:  My my how the argument changes.

I'll bet he want he want be on the team.

This nobody, bigbob, said that King transferred to Auburn and went into some detail about it. The kid transferred to Alabama, illustrating that bigbob knows nothing.
09-04-2015 11:40 AM
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

Why give it a rest? If this site is going to embrace and celebrate everything negative about Josh why can't there be threads that point out the sky may be dark after last season but is not falling.

You are among the worst of the sad sally crowd. All I ask is give the negative stuff a rest until we get past this season. You gain nothing by constantly repeating the same old mantra.

At least Bob is sharing new information. The results will reveal itself. If you can talk a kid into an official visit you have at least a decent shot. If Josh can't land any of these guys then you can come back and say I told you so so you can feel good about yourself.
09-04-2015 11:50 AM
Advertisement

450bench Offline

The truth hurts...
09-04-2015 11:53 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
Can BigBoob please name the 9 ? I'll hang up and listen
09-07-2015 06:13 PM
jason80 Offline
Special Teams

I'm not real sure what you are talking about I have never made a big deal about being on a recruits list. Landing players is what it's about so if u think making a players list is some accomplishment then by all means celebrate your little heart out. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see top recruits coming here with pastner the head coach anymore. The word is out and negative recruiting will impact his ability to get the high level kids. If you had a five star son would u want him playing for pastner? Players don't develop under him. He can't teach the game and cannot lead men. He will be a good lead recruiter at a good program but being a head coach is not his strength. Sorry but it's just true. When u watch a game look at huddles during timeouts or on the sidelines during the game the players ignore him and have no respect for him. U can't be successful if you are not respected in this sport.
09-08-2015 03:22 PM
jason80 Offline
Special Teams

(09-04-2015 11:50 AM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  

Why give it a rest? If this site is going to embrace and celebrate everything negative about Josh why can't there be threads that point out the sky may be dark after last season but is not falling.

You are among the worst of the sad sally crowd. All I ask is give the negative stuff a rest until we get past this season. You gain nothing by constantly repeating the same old mantra.

At least Bob is sharing new information. The results will reveal itself. If you can talk a kid into an official visit you have at least a decent shot. If Josh can't land any of these guys then you can come back and say I told you so so you can feel good about yourself.

He can say what he wants it doesn't bother me. That's why this board is so much better than the other one because you can actually voice opinions and not be banned and downvoted constantly for not toeing the company line. It's just a bit pathetic to get all excited because we are one of twenty schools to make a players list. We just disagree that this is going to be a great class. I think the facts support that case as well. We will do well to get a top 30 or 40 class.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2015 03:31 PM by jason80.)
09-08-2015 03:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.