WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Volleyball at IPUFW
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Volleyball at IPUFW
7 o'clock start.

Who in south central or SE Michigan or NE Indiana can get over there to cheer the lasses on?

This weekend they will be in Fort Collins, Colorado for a tournament and then finish up on Sunday at Univ. of Denver.

MHB and DB should make a point to see the gals.
09-01-2015 10:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rtletterman Offline
Banned

I Root For: LawyersGuns n $
RE: Volleyball at IPUFW
A trip to Ft Fun would be in order. Saturday, not Sunday. Take my boat and hit Horsetooth, then the Drunken Monkey!!! 02-13-banana JK.

I'll reach out to MHB and see if he's game.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2015 10:51 PM by rtletterman.)
09-01-2015 10:51 PM
Advertisement

gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
WMU story line and stat sheet.

http://www.wmubroncos.com/pdf9/3768006.pdf

http://www.wmubroncos.com/ViewArticle.db...EM_ID=4600

WMU playing without Caroline Rose the lone senior who played in only 1 game in Milwaukee. Rose was a catalyst last year as she snuck in to the rotation and bloomed (pun intended). She was a lynch pin in the MACC. Not sure the reason she isn't playing as nothing is being mentioned. Her replacement is a freshman, Hailey Knect out of Indy who is playing well.

Again the real mover here is JC transfer Nicole Kinser who scored or hit at a .440 rate. Kills are swings that the ball hits the floor before the opp can return it over the net. Think of it as an AB in baseball. So .440 is quite good. Additionally she is doing what she was brought in to do and that is defend the middle with blocks. Her success appears to be limiting the minutes of RJr and contributor from last year Mikaela Ryshytylo who is playing but in a limited minutes. Nicoles contribution is offsetting the up and down play of and taking some pressure off of returning MAC FPOY Sydney Lemay.

Sierra Hubbard-Neil, a sophomore is playing big minutes and developing into an all around threat both scoring points with kills but digging out opp kill attempts and blocking at the net. Her contribution is offsetting Alysia Banzik's up and down play to date. Banzik is WMU's go to for kills. Opponents likely are targeting her and Lemay as Davis and Braverman will be. Neil and Kinser elevating games are off setting that strategy and will likely prove to be a net plus for WMU as they have more "wells to go to" when others are dry or not producing.

Freshman Mary Murphy is not only dishing out assists but serving aces and a couple dump shots off fake passes for points. Playing beyond her freshman status and considering she is replacing a two time 1st teamer who graduated that is key.
09-02-2015 08:37 AM
rtletterman Offline
Banned

I Root For: LawyersGuns n $
Well, DU is six miles from my house. I MAY just hit that.
09-02-2015 11:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.