Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thanks for the Discussions
Bookmark and Share
EKUSteve Offline
1st String

I Root For: EKU & A&M
Since we didn't get the nod I won't be on this board as much. I appreciate most of you being cordial to us Colonel fans. Wish you success as you move forward with CCU as your new member. We'll keep doing what we need to for improving facilities, both athletic and academic.

Good luck to your teams this season...
08-31-2015 08:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
RE: Thanks for the Discussions
Until next time, good luck with your season and stadium upgrades
08-31-2015 08:15 PM
GoAppsGo92 Offline
1st String

I Root For: TheMountaineers
The biggest thing EKU can do for the future is show up in record numbers this season and support your team. Keep the fundraising going and fill the coffers. I don't think this is done yet. Do not lose hope.

Best of luck!
08-31-2015 08:40 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
Best of luck to EKU. Keep working on what you can control and the rest will eventually fall into place in most cases.
08-31-2015 08:41 PM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
The way realignment goes, I'd almost say "don't go too far" because you might be getting a call in short order.
08-31-2015 08:47 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
(08-31-2015 08:13 PM)EKUSteve Wrote:  Since we didn't get the nod I won't be on this board as much. I appreciate most of you being cordial to us Colonel fans. Wish you success as you move forward with CCU as your new member. We'll keep doing what we need to for improving facilities, both athletic and academic.

Hang in there . . . You never know what's going to happen in college football/conference alignment these days. . . .

. . . . And now that we've added chicken, we're going to need a Colonel to fry 'em up . . . . . 04-cheers
08-31-2015 08:50 PM
Advertisement

KeyWestTROYTrojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY Sun Belt
My best to EKU and it's fans. You guys may well be the next to be called up since anything can happen at anytime in this realignment craze. Keep hope alive. Your time will come.
08-31-2015 08:51 PM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
Re: RE: Thanks for the Discussions
(08-31-2015 08:13 PM)EKUSteve Wrote:  Since we didn't get the nod I won't be on this board as much. I appreciate most of you being cordial to us Colonel fans. Wish you success as you move forward with CCU as your new member. We'll keep doing what we need to for improving facilities, both athletic and academic.

I believe EKU will make a good FBS school one day. I know from our own experience here at GS we certainly didn't get the invite the first year we were considered.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
08-31-2015 08:58 PM
trojanbrutha Offline
Beltbbs Troy Football INsider

I Root For: TROY
(08-31-2015 08:40 PM)GoAppsGo92 Wrote:  The biggest thing EKU can do for the future is show up in record numbers this season and support your team. Keep the fundraising going and fill the coffers. I don't think this is done yet. Do not lose hope.

Best of luck!

I do believe that this is the case...
08-31-2015 09:01 PM
Check Yosef Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
CCU great, eku, next, Missouri state after Idaho is gone and nmsu is full
08-31-2015 09:10 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
Now that you guys were in the running, I'm sure a lot of us, including me, will be keeping up with your success, failures and attendance numbers.

Good luck, now go win the OVC and make some more noise.
08-31-2015 09:16 PM
Advertisement

Oldyeller Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
I think at this point there's little dought that EKU is up next. The Stars seemed to line up perfectly for CCU and the timing couldn't have been better for them. It's great to see you folks finally getting the upgrades. May be little solace but a tiny part of me was jealous after watching the NDSU Montana game knowing that if we were in the league there's a very good chance we'd have our shot at one or both of them. Only negative of moving up. No 16 team National title run. Go win the damn thing! Good luck!
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2015 09:49 PM by Oldyeller.)
08-31-2015 09:41 PM
ChooChoo Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Georgia State
Yes, I feel I have much better understanding of EKU and respect what yall are trying to achieve. I think you maybe in the Belt quicker than you think.
08-31-2015 10:11 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Best of luck and hope the Colonels reclaim their past glory
08-31-2015 10:12 PM
The4thOption Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
(08-31-2015 09:41 PM)Oldyeller Wrote:  I think at this point there's little dought that EKU is up next. The Stars seemed to line up perfectly for CCU and the timing couldn't have been better for them. It's great to see you folks finally getting the upgrades. May be little solace but a tiny part of me was jealous after watching the NDSU Montana game knowing that if we were in the league there's a very good chance we'd have our shot at one or both of them. Only negative of moving up. No 16 team National title run. Go win the damn thing! Good luck!

I'll second that. I am glad to be in the Belt, but that game had the excitement of the playoffs and I'll miss that. Until they expand the playoffs here and we can once again play to get in there.

Enjoy another run or two EKU, Maybe by the time y'all come over, you wont have to play in a league without access to a real playoff.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2015 11:38 PM by The4thOption.)
08-31-2015 11:38 PM
MJG Offline
1st String

I Root For: U I , UMich, SC

Hopefully something changes with the invitation only rule.
The Montana vs NDSU game shows why and the future is unpredictable. Liberty EKU and Jacksonville St might be able to work together.
09-01-2015 03:23 AM
Advertisement

GaSouthern Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Georgia So.
I won't be surprised at all for EKU to get called up before the deadline this coming summer
09-01-2015 08:19 AM
Pounce FTW Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
And good luck to EKU. As has been said, it ain't over yet.

I could easily see the SBC in a mode now where we keep some options tucked away (EKU, NMSU all sports) for the scenario where we lose a member OR get a shot at one of the schools we've had such a hardon for (JMU, MSU) and are looking for travel partners. Personally, I had pretty much come to want EKU in as much as any of the others. I hope y'all find your path "upward."
09-01-2015 09:22 AM
CAJUNNATION Offline
1st String

I Root For: Western Civilization
Yeah, I wouldn't sweat things too much if I were y'all. I would say odds are very good EKU is in the SBC in the next 3 years.
09-01-2015 09:41 AM
airtroop Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(08-31-2015 08:40 PM)GoAppsGo92 Wrote:  The biggest thing EKU can do for the future is show up in record numbers this season and support your team. Keep the fundraising going and fill the coffers. I don't think this is done yet. Do not lose hope.

Best of luck!

EKU fans - I've learned to listen to this guy, FWIW. During the process your leaders have developed mutual respect and insider contacts (important relationships) within the SBC - a HUGE advantage over any other FCS hoping to move up to FBS at this point in time.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2015 03:38 PM by airtroop.)
09-01-2015 03:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.