Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Football Season predictions
Bookmark and Share
Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
Football Season predictions
Because both WMU and NIU are at home I see 10-2 overall with 3-1 OOC and 7-1 in the MAC with lone loss to Ball St.

Just hope we get decent QB play even if it means playing both Ely and Woodside. Neither one really brings a ton of confidence but maybe they improved leaps and bounds. Also I'm curious if any other receiver besides Russell or Jones kind of steps up and gives this program a future go to playmaker...

Curious as to everyone else's outlook on season
08-28-2015 11:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Stpetebeachrocketfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
RE: Football Season predictions
9 and 3 or 10 and 2
08-28-2015 02:21 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Not sure why Woodside wouldn't be confident. 8-2 as a starter with a full year under his belt and most of his receivers back with Hunt to keep defenses honest? Ely could be apprehensive about his health but Woodside should be raring to go.
08-28-2015 02:27 PM
AquaRocket Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(08-28-2015 11:25 AM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  Because both WMU and NIU are at home I see 10-2 overall with 3-1 OOC and 7-1 in the MAC with lone loss to Ball St.

Just hope we get decent QB play even if it means playing both Ely and Woodside. Neither one really brings a ton of confidence but maybe they improved leaps and bounds. Also I'm curious if any other receiver besides Russell or Jones kind of steps up and gives this program a future go to playmaker...

Interesting that you question the qb situation. IMO, either Ely or Woodside are better than anything we've seen since Grad. Actually, Ely might be the best in a very long time since he can actually work through progressions without locking on to a receiver then bailing out. If we stay healthy, 11-1 and undefeated in the MAC. The Hogs will be a tall order.
08-28-2015 03:18 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
9-3 overall, 6-2 in the MAC. Arkansas obviously a tough match-up; Iowa State game makes me pause just a little given our struggles against them last season, but the game is at home and our D should be improved over last season; in MAC play, games at Ball State and UMass could be "trap" games (we have a history in Muncie and UMass is before Northern, our "non-rival"), and the Western game could come down to who's healthiest at that time.
08-28-2015 03:21 PM
falconplucker Offline
1st String

Losses to Arkansas, Iowa State, and Western Michigan. Games against Bowling Green and NIU will depend on the development of the O-Line. I think Toledo finishes 2nd or 3rd in the West.
08-28-2015 04:37 PM
Advertisement

T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
Not picking the games.just have a feeling it's another 8-4 season. Hope I'm wrong!
08-28-2015 04:53 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(08-28-2015 04:37 PM)falconplucker Wrote:  Losses to Arkansas, Iowa State, and Western Michigan. Games against Bowling Green and NIU will depend on the development of the O-Line. I think Toledo finishes 2nd or 3rd in the West.

Last time I saw this much talent and depth for UT was during the 35-0 streak.
08-28-2015 04:56 PM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
I can see the rationale behind the 10-2 picks but I am sticking to my May prediction of 8-4. As I said then I expect UT to break its 5 game streaks against both NIU and BG this year. Aside from the BG loss I can see one more MAC loss, perhaps at Ball State where upsets of very good UT teams are far from unknown or perhaps against WMU at home if WMU ever learns how to play an entire game without self-destructing.

I am afraid that Arkansas is just going to be too much for the Rockets to handle and while I would not be surprised if UT is favored against Iowa State at home this year, last year UT showed itself incapable of winning against a very, very poor P5 Iowa State team so until UT proves that Campbell is not cursed against all P5 teams, I will have to put that one in the L column as well.

Of course I will be very happy to be proved wrong by a 10-2 or 11-1 season which is certainly not beyond the realm of possibility (but not all that likely IMHO).
08-28-2015 05:23 PM
falconplucker Offline
1st String

(08-28-2015 04:56 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(08-28-2015 04:37 PM)falconplucker Wrote:  Losses to Arkansas, Iowa State, and Western Michigan. Games against Bowling Green and NIU will depend on the development of the O-Line. I think Toledo finishes 2nd or 3rd in the West.

Last time I saw this much talent and depth for UT was during the 35-0 streak.

Overall talent yes. A brand new offensive line and unproven options at QB will most likely be an issue in key games.
08-28-2015 05:29 PM
FrickerRon Offline
Special Teams

(08-28-2015 11:25 AM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  Because both WMU and NIU are at home I see 10-2 overall with 3-1 OOC and 7-1 in the MAC with lone loss to Ball St.

Ely will probably start, but look for the hook, if he can't move the offense. Receiving corp will surprise you, BUT, we will be a running team. We have 4 other backs who can step in when Hunt takes a break. Run first, pass second.
08-28-2015 05:47 PM
Advertisement

DetroitRocket Online
Heisman

I Root For:
Can Ely or Woodside stay healthy? Can Kareem Hunt make it through an entire season without being injured? BTW, Campbell said just a week ago that Hunt is WORKING to get back to 100%.

I'm not sure we can win more than seven games without Hunt or our top QB healthy.
08-28-2015 08:10 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(08-28-2015 08:10 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  Can Ely or Woodside stay healthy? Can Kareem Hunt make it through an entire season without being injured? BTW, Campbell said just a week ago that Hunt is WORKING to get back to 100%.

I'm not sure we can win more than seven games without Hunt or our top QB healthy.

Hunt was not 100% for most last season getting injured in game #4 against Ball State and missing CMU, WMU, and Iowa State. An injured Kareem ran for 1104 yards in the next 6 games, averaging 184 yards a game. Swanson would be a starter for alot of MAC schools finishing with over 700 yds, he's about 20 lbs bigger this season.
QB Woodside as a back up, then starter was #4 in the MAC and #31 nationally in Passing Efficiency. Is there really any question about Ely's confidence? All I see is the fire in this guy's eyes when he steps on the FB field.
Elton Alexander's, Cleveland Plain Dealer, #1 question about the Rockets was the OL. Alexander visits practice and says the OL may be one of the team's strengths. Sounds like Carter is the real deal.
For me, the pass defense is UT's most important issue. The Rocket front 7 needs to bring heat. DB's need to cover and force turnovers. If that happens, it will be a real special season.
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2015 10:57 AM by Boca Rocket.)
08-29-2015 10:17 AM
Babes boy Offline
1st String

You guys are not looking at the big picture. I say 13 - 1. We will win the Mac and the bowl game. Have we ever played that other team twice. Won't it feel good to kick the poo out of the pumpkin twice?
08-29-2015 10:18 AM
Rocket75 Offline
1st String

Unfortunately, if the team goes 13-1 or something like that, Campbell is gone. I hope the coach has learned from the Beckman fiasco to be quite picky about where he makes his next stop. Money does not always buy happiness.

Speaking of Beckman, where does he go next? Would a MAC school want him or does he go back to being a coordinator at a major program?
08-29-2015 10:26 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(08-29-2015 10:26 AM)Rocket75 Wrote:  Unfortunately, if the team goes 13-1 or something like that, Campbell is gone. I hope the coach has learned from the Beckman fiasco to be quite picky about where he makes his next stop. Money does not always buy happiness.

Speaking of Beckman, where does he go next? Would a MAC school want him or does he go back to being a coordinator at a major program?

FCS or Coordinator. Maybe Tressel helps get him in the door somewhere.
08-29-2015 10:51 AM
Advertisement

JCannon21 Offline
Special Teams

Alright, I'll start by saying I understand the pessimism surrounding the threads, but I hope that is the minority because this team is stacked and the schedule is very favorable. And if 12-2 or better with a MACC does happen I do not think Campbell is gone either, he comes off as a very sincere person and I hope and think that he wants to achieve something greater here, plus as was pointed out already I think the school has learned and will do as much as possible to keep him on.
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2015 11:46 AM by JCannon21.)
08-29-2015 11:45 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(08-29-2015 10:51 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(08-29-2015 10:26 AM)Rocket75 Wrote:  Unfortunately, if the team goes 13-1 or something like that, Campbell is gone. I hope the coach has learned from the Beckman fiasco to be quite picky about where he makes his next stop. Money does not always buy happiness.

Is the BGSU guy still at Wake? He took the Beckman route as well.
08-29-2015 01:59 PM
SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOLEDO ROCKETS
(08-29-2015 01:59 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(08-29-2015 10:51 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  

Is the BGSU guy still at Wake? He took the Beckman route as well.
Yes. He's still at Wake.
http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m...79163.html
08-29-2015 02:05 PM
ToledoMike Offline
1st String

(08-28-2015 11:25 AM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  Also I'm curious if any other receiver besides Russell or Jones kind of steps up and gives this program a future go to playmaker...

What about these two guys? Are they both healthy and ready to roll?

Speed burner:
http://utrockets.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4...h=football

Athlete:
http://utrockets.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4...h=football
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2015 08:15 PM by ToledoMike.)
08-29-2015 08:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.