Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Good Idea for a Media Story
Bookmark and Share
Efan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ETSU
Good Idea for a Media Story
If anyone from the local media wants a good news story during the build up to football, why not go interview Paul Stanton and Dave Mullins on whether they are surprised or not with the public and student response to the return of ETSU Football? Seems like a great idea for a story as many would be curious to hear their perspective given the predictions made 10 years ago.
08-27-2015 10:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
RE: Good Idea for a Media Story
It is, and neither would do it unless it could be done in a negative context.
08-27-2015 10:34 AM
brock20 Offline
Special Teams

(08-27-2015 10:34 AM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  It is, and neither would do it unless it could be done in a negative context.

What would be great would be one of those long "Oral History" articles of the last 15 years. Try to get people like Todd Stansbury, Paul Hamilton, Gerald Sensabaugh, Jerry Robertson, Kim Reece, Dr. Noland, Dr. Sander, Stanton, Mullins, all the people involved back then and now. Even people like Bill Meade and Kenny Hawkins. It would be an amazing piece. Even if you couldn't get Stanton and Mullins (I also doubt they will ever talk about it again unless they can somehow be proven right) you could find some of the old quotes they had and put them in the article (like Stanton's "you will see more and more teams drop football" quote).
08-27-2015 11:48 AM
shampoo Offline
1st String

I Root For: blue and gold
Love your guys' enthusiasm for ETSU football, but the fight is over. It's back. Stop dwelling on the past, and maybe show some better respect than to think two high level former officials should sit through their own special muckraking session.

I'm more concerned that I've paid 4 years worth of increased student fees now, but can't even get a student ticket to the first game. If we knew students support it, why weren't MORE tickets made available to this primary stakeholder that has INVESTED up front?

See, you can spin things however you want. Flame away.
08-27-2015 11:54 AM

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
I agree some temporary bleachers need to be moved in to allow more students and fans in. Atleast 500 more seats.
08-27-2015 12:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brock20 Offline
Special Teams

(08-27-2015 11:54 AM)shampoo Wrote:  Love your guys' enthusiasm for ETSU football, but the fight is over. It's back. Stop dwelling on the past, and maybe show some better respect than to think two high level former officials should sit through their own special muckraking session.

That administration spread misinformation for over 10 years that still gets reported as facts to this day. The whole story has NEVER been told in the traditional outlets in the Tri-Cities. Once that happens then maybe people would be more willing to let it go.

It's also hard to not dwell in the past when our main rivals 15-20 years ago all passed us by while we had to create pseudo rivalries with Jacksonville and other A-Sun afterthoughts. Seeing App State beat Michigan while we were slumming in the A-Sun and having Mullins say things like "this was the best year in ETSU athletics history" is hard to let go.

(08-27-2015 11:54 AM)shampoo Wrote:  I'm more concerned that I've paid 4 years worth of increased student fees now, but can't even get a student ticket to the first game. If we knew students support it, why weren't MORE tickets made available to this primary stakeholder that has INVESTED up front?

Should have got in line earlier is all I can tell you. They released the information on how to get tickets weeks ago. I wish they would bring in some temporary seats or something but it is what it is.
08-27-2015 12:27 PM
brock20 Offline
Special Teams

(08-27-2015 11:54 AM)shampoo Wrote:  I'm more concerned that I've paid 4 years worth of increased student fees now, but can't even get a student ticket to the first game. If we knew students support it, why weren't MORE tickets made available to this primary stakeholder that has INVESTED up front?

Also, if I hear of someone having an extra ticket I will let you know. As of now though I have had people hitting me up so this one may be hard to get.
08-27-2015 12:35 PM

ETSU-07 Offline
2nd String

I walk the loop around Science Hill regularly and noticed yesterday that temporary bleachers have been placed in the scoreboard end zone. They are small but would accommodate several hundred fans. There is plenty of room for more bleachers throughout the stadium and the grassy hillside beside the home stands could fit lots of people if needed. They need to explore that and the publicIze the heck out of it.

As for the Stanton idea03-puke I've heard secondary info that he has been trash talking football while trying to raise money for the arts center. Only hearsay but it wouldn't surprise me. Let's never speak of him again.
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2015 03:54 PM by ETSU-07.)
08-27-2015 03:53 PM
buc73 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: bucs
They will/have temporary seating for students, end zone and hill next to baseball field. Remember, the fire marshall is the last word on how many seats are allowed inside the stadium.
08-27-2015 04:23 PM
etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Purdue,ETSU,G5
Enough about the The Dark Times, let's look to the future, and also I'm wondering when standing-room tickets will go on sale?
08-27-2015 04:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.