Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cajun Coaches for Football, Basketball, and Baseball all have new contracts
Bookmark and Share
CajunAmos Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cajuns
Cajun Coaches for Football, Basketball, and Baseball all have new contracts
With the new contract signed earlier by Coach Tony Robichaux, and the recent new contracts for basketball Coach Bob Marlin and one year extension for football Coach Mark Hudspeth, all of their contracts are all now through 2020. Glad to see we're making commitments to coaches, especially with the majority being paid by the Ragin' Cajun Athletic Foundation.

Mark Hudspeth's Extension:
10 6 One year added to Hudspeth’s current contract

Coach Robichaux's contract terms:
Tony Robichaux signs on for five more years with the Ragin’ Cajuns

Bob Marlin's contract terms:
Bob Marlin, Cajuns agree on contract extension
08-27-2015 10:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

RE: Cajun Coaches for Football, Basketball, and Baseball all have new contracts
(08-27-2015 10:26 AM)CajunAmos Wrote:  With the new contract signed earlier by Coach Tony Robichaux, and the recent new contracts for basketball Coach Bob Marlin and one year extension for football Coach Mark Hudspeth, all of their contracts are all now through 2020. Glad to see we're making commitments to coaches, especially with the majority being paid by the Ragin' Cajun Athletic Foundation.

Mark Hudspeth's Extension:
10 6 One year added to Hudspeth’s current contract

Coach Robichaux's contract terms:
Tony Robichaux signs on for five more years with the Ragin’ Cajuns

Bob Marlin's contract terms:
Bob Marlin, Cajuns agree on contract extension

Hud and Robe are no-brainers. I've had my doubts about Marlin but have to admit he's recruited some outstanding players. And with Shawn Long returning, this should be a very good season for the Cajun basketball squad. Actually, should be a very good year for all of our sports programs. Sorry Belt brethern.
08-27-2015 11:42 AM
SBEagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern
How is that possible with such a terrible AD?
08-27-2015 05:26 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(08-27-2015 05:26 PM)SBEagle Wrote:  How is that possible with such a terrible AD?

Blind hog.
08-27-2015 06:11 PM
Louisiana99 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(08-27-2015 05:26 PM)SBEagle Wrote:  How is that possible with such a terrible AD?

Ha... He isn't paying for it. Private donors $$$ make that happen.
08-27-2015 06:48 PM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

Our AD doesn't negotiate coaches contracts. He lost that responsibility and Dr Savios has covered his rear.
08-27-2015 07:43 PM
Advertisement

geauxcajuns Offline
All American

Also if GaSo is so proud of him would you please take him back?
08-27-2015 07:44 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(08-27-2015 07:44 PM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  

I'm betting we could find donors to pay for his ticket.
08-27-2015 08:04 PM
SBEagle Offline
1st String

Re: RE: Cajun Coaches for Football, Basketball, and Baseball all have new contracts

I wasn't referring to the contracts. I don't know the guy, I honestly can't recall his name right now without looking it up. I just find it humorous you have a successful sports dept, that not long ago was not so succesful, but he gets no credit.
08-27-2015 08:13 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

If happy with Tom Kleinkein for now, but if he takes another job and you can convince Farmer to come to GS, that'd be okay with me.
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2015 08:25 PM by EigenEagle.)
08-27-2015 08:24 PM
Louisiana99 Offline
All American

(08-27-2015 08:13 PM)SBEagle Wrote:  

I wasn't referring to the contracts. I don't know the guy, I honestly can't recall his name right now without looking it up. I just find it humorous you have a successful sports dept, that not long ago was not so succesful, but he gets no credit.

The president that was here for 40 years retiring is the biggest reason for the turn around. He was scared to death of athletics and held them down on purpose. Our previous AD hired HUD, farmer has only hired Marlin. Robe has been here kicking azz long before farmer put on his first speedo at georgia southern, our softball program has been a national power. Farmer almost cost us HUD and our softball coach until president savoie stepped in a handled the situation. Farmer is a clown. Literally, a monkey could do his job.
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2015 09:58 PM by Louisiana99.)
08-27-2015 09:58 PM
Advertisement

warhawk09 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bob
(08-27-2015 09:58 PM)Louisiana99 Wrote:  

The president that was here for 40 years retiring is the biggest reason for the turn around. He was scared to death of athletics and held them down on purpose. Our previous AD hired HUD, farmer has only hired Marlin. Robe has been here kicking azz long before farmer put on his first speedo at georgia southern, our softball program has been a national power. Farmer almost cost us HUD and our softball coach until president savoie stepped in a handled the situation. Farmer is a clown. Literally, a monkey could do his job.

His bio says differently about Hud
08-28-2015 06:38 AM
Louisiana99 Offline
All American

(08-28-2015 06:38 AM)warhawk09 Wrote:  
(08-27-2015 09:58 PM)Louisiana99 Wrote:  

His bio says differently about Hud

I don't care what his bio says... David walker hired mark hudspeth. Farmer wanted mike sewak. Look up David walker mark hudspeth. When HUD was about to accept the Tulane job farmer didn't even try to keep him. When Savoie found out, he found the money in 24 hours. When our softball assistants didn't get the money they were promised, he told our softball to pack his bags if he didn't like it, causing him to step down on opening day. Savoie once again stepped in and convinced mike to come back. Loitef coached for free and have his assistant the shackles title so she would he his salary. The dude is a clown. He was passed over at Troy twice for a reason. Those are confirmed. literally a money could do his job. He would probably make somebody a great secretary.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2015 08:16 AM by Louisiana99.)
08-28-2015 08:12 AM
gatadotcom Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: GaSouthern & UL
(08-27-2015 07:43 PM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  

Our AD doesn't negotiate coaches contracts. He lost that responsibility and Dr Savios has covered his rear.

How wrong you are.
08-28-2015 11:03 AM
Louisiana99 Offline
All American

(08-28-2015 11:03 AM)gatadotcom Wrote:  
(08-27-2015 07:43 PM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  

How wrong you are.

Why? Is that what little Scottie told you personally?
08-28-2015 11:48 AM
SBEagle Offline
1st String

Correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't the ad work for the president? If the president is so great, shouldn't his greatness recognize how bad the ad has been and fire him? We blamed a bad ad for years and he was bad. However, most of the problems came from our president. In our situation, the president has the ultimate responsibility. Not sure in your case.
08-29-2015 07:48 AM
Advertisement

Louisiana99 Offline
All American

(08-29-2015 07:48 AM)SBEagle Wrote:  Correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't the ad work for the president? If the president is so great, shouldn't his greatness recognize how bad the ad has been and fire him? We blamed a bad ad for years and he was bad. However, most of the problems came from our president. In our situation, the president has the ultimate responsibility. Not sure in your case.

I think savioe likes having an AD that everyone hates, keeps the heat off of him as well. Apparently he doesn't mind having to step in and fix farmers screw ups occasionally. Until you understand the situation we were in for so long, you can't comprehend how much of what is going on is in spite of him being a clown. Savioe simply took the handcuffs off, we will see what he is made of now. Growing our budget with a $100 barrel of oil is on thing, let's see how good farmer is now.
08-29-2015 08:04 AM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

Wrong, we had terrible football, all of our other sports were successful. Hiring a great football coach(former ad hire). Scott Farmer is a GaSo guy, but I would bet a fair amount of money that y'all wouldn't want him either.
08-29-2015 09:25 AM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(08-29-2015 09:25 AM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  

Wrong, we had terrible football, all of our other sports were successful. Hiring a great football coach(former ad hire). Scott Farmer is a GaSo guy, but I would bet a fair amount of money that y'all wouldn't want him either.

As a Troy fan told me, been there, done that. No thanks.
08-29-2015 11:43 AM
SBEagle Offline
1st String

Re: RE: Cajun Coaches for Football, Basketball, and Baseball all have new contracts
(08-29-2015 09:25 AM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  

Like i stated earlier, I don't know the man. Many of you assume I want him/defend him because of being a former eagle. His connection to southern is the only reason I've paid any attention to comments from cajun fans. Just like i pay attention to former coaches. Doesn't mean i want them back. From an outsiders perspective, it would seem he is doing a good job based on the quality of the athletic dept at ULL. However, many of you have successfully convinced me otherwise. You have to admit, if you don't know the whole story, his job at ULL appears to be a success. I would make the same initial comments to anyone whose program is a success but is complaining. I still say it goes back to the pres.
08-29-2015 12:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.