Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Open Thread - Week 1
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
Open Thread - Week 1
T- 72 hours gentlemen. The wait is almost over.

08-26-2015 03:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
RE: Open Thread - Week 1
(08-26-2015 03:53 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  T- 72 hours gentlemen. The wait is almost over.

What games are this week. I searched ESPN but found nothing. I hate their new website.
08-26-2015 04:09 PM

Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 3:30 PM
North Dakota St. at Montana (ESPN)

CFL on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night after NDSU/Montana to serve as faithful companions as well.
08-26-2015 04:14 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
I wonder if ESPN will have wall to wall HS football coverage this weekend.
08-26-2015 05:32 PM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisville
Open Thread - Week 1
Lets start preheating the oven.
08-26-2015 06:15 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
Go ND State!
08-26-2015 06:56 PM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(08-26-2015 04:14 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 3:30 PM

CFL on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night after NDSU/Montana to serve as faithful companions as well.

Im so starved for college fb that I will watch NDSU/Montana. I will just root for the team that's closest to the East coast, whichever one that is. I wont know until I look at a map.
08-26-2015 07:37 PM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

I Root For: YouAreButtHurt
NDSU/Montana is a better game than Wake/Virginia (if those teams even play this year). And it's not even close. Much rather watch good FCS than bad FBS.
08-26-2015 11:03 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(08-26-2015 11:03 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  NDSU/Montana is a better game than Wake/Virginia (if those teams even play this year). And it's not even close. Much rather watch good FCS than bad FBS.

From what I hear, Wake should be vastly improved this season after playing all those freshmen last season. Lots of experienced depth. Not sure about Virginia, but their defense was pretty good last year. If they play it might be a better game than we think, this early in the season.
08-26-2015 11:18 PM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

(08-26-2015 11:18 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(08-26-2015 11:03 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  NDSU/Montana is a better game than Wake/Virginia (if those teams even play this year). And it's not even close. Much rather watch good FCS than bad FBS.

From what I hear, Wake should be vastly improved this season after playing all those freshmen last season. Lots of experienced depth. Not sure about Virginia, but their defense was pretty good last year. If they play it might be a better game than we think, this early in the season.

Improved? So like 4-8? No offense, but I almost said Wake/Cuse because I initially forgot about UV-only wins women's rowing championships. I also have much more respect for Cuse football than the other two (a modicum for Cuse, almost none for Wake, and literally none for UVA). I wish Cuse could be mid/late 90's Cuse again. I loved watching you guys on tv then. I just don't see that ever happening again (sorry, Pitt, same thing for you guys, juts different era). And I'd actually like having to face you and both of the two furthest ACC members from FSU if that were the case.
08-26-2015 11:43 PM
Hitman Hart Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Wake Forest

Wake is going to be extremely young this year. I think 4-8 (5-7, but I think even that is a stretch) will be the best that they will do.

Jim Grobe left the program in shambles.

The defense was the only reason why Wake didn't go 0-12 (or 1-11 with a win over an FCS team) last year.
08-28-2015 10:33 AM
Advertisement

Hitman Hart Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Wake Forest
(08-26-2015 11:43 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  

Improved? So like 4-8? No offense, but I almost said Wake/Cuse because I initially forgot about UV-only wins women's rowing championships. I also have much more respect for Cuse football than the other two (a modicum for Cuse, almost none for Wake, and literally none for UVA). I wish Cuse could be mid/late 90's Cuse again. I loved watching you guys on tv then. I just don't see that ever happening again (sorry, Pitt, same thing for you guys, juts different era). And I'd actually like having to face you and both of the two furthest ACC members from FSU if that were the case.

lol
08-28-2015 10:35 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(08-26-2015 07:37 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(08-26-2015 04:14 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 3:30 PM

Im so starved for college fb that I will watch NDSU/Montana. I will just root for the team that's closest to the East coast, whichever one that is. I wont know until I look at a map.

[Image: 7statesmap.gif]
West <-- Montana | N. Dakota --> --> --> East
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2015 10:55 AM by Hokie Mark.)
08-28-2015 10:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HRFlossY Offline
1st String

I Root For: L' ville
(08-28-2015 10:35 AM)Hitman Hart Wrote:  

lol

03-lmfao..........................................Rimshot
08-28-2015 11:24 AM
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports

Wake has a lot more room to improve. Using the Sagarin power ratings, 2014 was Wake's worst performance in the last five years, while Virginia's was their best over the same period.

Based on their schedules this year (UVa's is downright masochistic), it won't surprise me if both of them only manage 3 wins.

I recall some years ago an ACC coach (being either brutally honest or just cruel) was asked if he thought Wake would be vastly improved since they brought back all 22 starters. He said no, they would be better off with 22 new ones.

Being a year older helps, but not as much as talent does.
08-28-2015 11:46 AM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisville
Open Thread - Week 1
Louisville has announced that they have sold 30k tickets for the Auburn opener. Crowd should be fairly equal.
08-28-2015 02:40 PM
Advertisement

Marge Schott Offline
Banned

lol

Just being honest. Wake's at least won an outright ACC title during FSU's membership in the conference. UVA hasn't. The fact that Wake - who should pretty much always be terrible - is better than a public "flagship" university is an outright embarrassment. That ACC title is the difference.

And in general, I have nothing against Wake. Just like I have nothing against Tulsa, Tulane, SMU, etc. But yes, I obviously have a history of stating that Wake is an ACC misfit and that I wish they were in a different conference (one I feel they better fit in).
08-28-2015 10:21 PM
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
(08-28-2015 10:21 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  

lol

Just being honest. Wake's at least won an outright ACC title during FSU's membership in the conference. UVA hasn't. The fact that Wake - who should pretty much always be terrible - is better than a public "flagship" university is an outright embarrassment. That ACC title is the difference.

And in general, I have nothing against Wake. Just like I have nothing against Tulsa, Tulane, SMU, etc. But yes, I obviously have a history of stating that Wake is an ACC misfit and that I wish they were in a different conference (one I feel they better fit in).

FWIW, since FSU joined the conference, Virginia's record in conference games is 94-90 (51%) and Wake is 59-125 (32%).
08-29-2015 11:27 AM

FOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
08-29-2015 02:34 PM

Jam packed stadium in Missoula ... this'll be great.
08-29-2015 02:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.