Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Memphis basketball deserves
Bookmark and Share
TIGERBANDIT Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Tiger hoops is the only team in C-USA with a legitimate chance at winning a national championship in the two major college sports this year (i.e. college basketball and football). Sorry baseball, you are not major.

And before anyone talks about winning one game or two in the NCAA tourney, we all know that that is the best that any of you other guys could ever do. Getting to the sweet 16 is like winning a national title for schools such as UAB, Tulsa, UTEP, etc.

At Memphis we have a commitment to excellence and winning it all.

Something you'all will never no.

So, if you all ever want to be close to a "REAL" national title, I would suggest that you'all get on board, because this is as close as any of you will ever get. IN YOUR LIFE!
09-20-2005 12:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

non registered user Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

When, exactly, was the last time Memphis won the national title? Oh, it's never ... Finishing 2nd in 1973 was a loooooonng time ago.

When, exactly, was the last time Memphis was in the Final Four?
1985 was a loooong time ago, so long, in fact, that most current NCAA basketball players were not born when that happened. ....

When, exactly, has Memphis gone farther than the Sweet 16?
1992 was a looonng time ago. At least one C-USA team, Tulsa, has gone that far in the tournament since Memphis did that ....

I would think getting to the Sweet 16 would seem pretty sweet to Memphis since it's happened like, uh, not very often in the last two decades ...
09-20-2005 12:14 AM
The Original Timmy Chan Offline
Bad Mammy Jammy

I Root For: my wife

TIGERBANDIT Wrote:So, if you all ever want to be close to a "REAL" national title, I would suggest that you'all get on board, because this is as close as any of you will ever get. IN YOUR LIFE!
If you ever want to be close to a REAL national title, I would suggest you go to El Paso...where they've actually won one at UTEP!
09-20-2005 12:25 AM
SPECoog518 Offline
Banned

I Root For:

So far all I see is a lot of hype.

Here's a question for you.

Which CUSA coach out of the following has actually SURPASSED expectations since taking over their respective program?

a. John Calipari
b. Tom Penders
09-20-2005 12:41 AM
SPECoog518 Offline
Banned

I Root For:

If you'll notice, I was being nice. I didn't even list the question about which coaches HAVEN'T LIVED UP to expectations.

:rolleyes:
09-20-2005 12:43 AM
GoblueOrange Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: The Miners!!

" Tiger hoops is the only team in C-USA with a legitimate chance at winning a national championship in the two major college sports this year "

In football????
This year???
I didnt know your hoops team played football as well, they are gods.
I think I get what you mean though.
04-drinky
Drop the sauce son, its only monday night. I think UTEP/UAB/USM/UH/Marshall can beat you in football. Have you ever heard of a team called USC or the Texas Longhorns??? Their scout teams can probably give you a run. Basketball on the other hand, we need to wait a few games in to the season before we make any conclusions. Good luck to you in rehab.
09-20-2005 12:50 AM
Advertisement

The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

TIGERBANDIT Wrote:Tiger hoops is the only team in C-USA with a legitimate chance at winning a national championship in the two major college sports this year (i.e. college basketball and football). Sorry baseball, you are not major.

And before anyone talks about winning one game or two in the NCAA tourney, we all know that that is the best that any of you other guys could ever do. Getting to the sweet 16 is like winning a national title for schools such as UAB, Tulsa, UTEP, etc.

So, if you all ever want to be close to a "REAL" national title, I would suggest that you'all get on board, because this is as close as any of you will ever get. IN YOUR LIFE!
Memphis can win a national title this year?

Please, pass the crack you're smokin :stupid:
09-20-2005 02:43 AM
Nugget's Ghost Offline
1st String

I Root For:

TIGERBANDIT Wrote:Tiger hoops is the only team in C-USA with a legitimate chance at winning a national championship in the two major college sports this year (i.e. college basketball and football). Sorry baseball, you are not major.

I respect Memphis basketball. I have zero respect for you. Whan an assinine post.
09-20-2005 03:21 AM
Mayor of Jagtown
Unregistered

Ain't scared.

Blowhard.
09-20-2005 05:10 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Othello Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Last time we saw those losers they were getting spanked by St. Joseph's in the NIT. Not to mention losses to some really crappy teams like Louisiana Tech, Ole Miss, Providence, St. Louis, and TCU just to name a few. The only thing this clown is doing is setting his team and its stupid fans up for a great deal of ridicule. Calipari is to basketball what Art Briles is to football.
09-20-2005 07:19 AM
tigercat Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis always!

What is the point to this assinine post? Respect is earned, so cut this crap out; your making ALL Memphis fans look bad, not to say bush league.

From my perspective we will do some great things soon, but to assume everyone needs to bow down to our team is stupid.

You should be excited about our team and its prospects, but PLEASE don't "cardinalize" the way people look at us. We have yet to make a basket this season, so hold off on your bravado please.
09-20-2005 07:39 AM
Advertisement

Tony The Tiger Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Othello Wrote:Calipari is to basketball what Art Briles is to football.
Hey, that's really hitting below the belt!
09-20-2005 07:40 AM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Tigerbandit, Your lead on this thread is one of the nuttiest posts I have seen on this board in awhile. When you are able to win this league in anything you might talk about going places you have never been.
09-20-2005 07:53 AM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame

tigercat Wrote:What is the point to this assinine post? Respect is earned, so cut this crap out; your making ALL Memphis fans look bad, not to say bush league.

From my perspective we will do some great things soon, but to assume everyone needs to bow down to our team is stupid.

You should be excited about our team and its prospects, but PLEASE don't "cardinalize" the way people look at us. We have yet to make a basket this season, so hold off on your bravado please.
Thank you Tigercat. I think that you've stated very well the way that most of us feel.
09-20-2005 07:57 AM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

memphis is a great school, in a great city and a great competitor. Every school has a few goofballs like Tigerbandit.
09-20-2005 08:10 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame

This thread is worthless, close it up!
09-20-2005 08:21 AM
Advertisement

TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

ditto
09-20-2005 08:27 AM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

First off that was funny.

Secondly, check out the bold print in your quote; did you mean "know" instead of "no"?

:rofl:

Go CUSA!
09-20-2005 08:46 AM
tigers1985 Offline
Spectacular

I Root For: Tigers
DonatorsDonators

Original post is absolute garbage. (obviously)
09-20-2005 09:02 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF

TopCoog Wrote:memphis is a great school, in a great city and a great competitor. Every school has a few goofballs like Tigerbandit.
Bingo!
09-20-2005 09:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.