Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Board Participation
Bookmark and Share
GCD70 Offline
1st String

I Root For: niu
Board Participation
With less then 2 weeks til the opener, the number of particpants on this board has really deminished, at least it appears to me that it has.
08-24-2015 12:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieFootball Addict Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, NIU, NIU
RE: Board Participation
Is it possible that due to the nastiness of some of the posters towards others people stay away now? Just a thought.

You have to admit that some people can be real jerks to others. The only reason I came back after some time off was because I blocked a few.
08-24-2015 12:16 PM
Mark26pt2 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
I noticed many of the other teams in the MAC have zero activity on their boards.

I think ours will pick up again as the season progresses.
08-24-2015 12:17 PM
Heisman

(08-24-2015 12:17 PM)Mark26pt2 Wrote:  I noticed many of the other teams in the MAC have zero activity on their boards.

I think ours will pick up again as the season progresses.

Yea, I agree. Things will get busier on here soon. 04-cheers
08-24-2015 12:33 PM
Who You Crappin'? Offline
1st String

Uh...North Dakota St. just scheduled a game with Oregon in 2020!

Nothing?

Anyone?

HICKORY!
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2015 12:47 PM by Who You Crappin'?.)
08-24-2015 12:47 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(08-24-2015 12:16 PM)HuskieFootball Addict Wrote:  Is it possible that due to the nastiness of some of the posters towards others people stay away now? Just a thought.

You have to admit that some people can be real jerks to others. The only reason I came back after some time off was because I blocked a few.

Is it that bad? I guess I've been on the board long enough I hardly notice it anymore. MOST of the people are courteous.

There are probably some that won't get back on the board until the games start.
08-24-2015 12:57 PM
Advertisement

Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I think that message boards don't really hold interest to today's college students and younger. At the risk of sounding much older than I actually am, kids these days are probably talking about NIU on instagram and flicker and snapchat.

Yes, I know that they are not actually talking about NIU on instagram and flicker and snapchap. But I still hold out that message boards don't resonate with the younger generation and are probably not really a thing with a large volume of fans older than, say 55+?

Just spitballin......
08-24-2015 01:01 PM
Huskies2006 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU, UF, Sox
(08-24-2015 01:01 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  I think that message boards don't really hold interest to today's college students and younger. At the risk of sounding much older than I actually am, kids these days are probably talking about NIU on instagram and flicker and snapchat.

Yes, I know that they are not actually talking about NIU on instagram and flicker and snapchap. But I still hold out that message boards don't resonate with the younger generation and are probably not really a thing with a large volume of fans older than, say 55+?

Just spitballin......

? Check SBNation.. message boards are pretty damn busy over there.

I like that format better though, it's easier to have a conversational discussion. It refreshes automatically and there's not these big signatures and everything taking up a lot of empty space.
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2015 01:08 PM by Huskies2006.)
08-24-2015 01:05 PM
MileHighHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
The board can get mean, but life can be mean. I love to read more than post, many educated Huskies on this board, and I get a ton of info off of it. Thank you. I live so far from NIU now, I don't have a lot of info that I can post that helps out, so I mostly read. People on this board will be the ones that help NIU achieve the next level, true fans, even the mean ones, Ha Ha! A lot of you go out of your way to provide info to us on how the Huskies are looking, thank you for that. I love you all, I truly do. When I go to the away games and bowl games, see people wearing the Huskie gear, brings a tear to the eye. Beat the Rebels....by 30!
08-24-2015 01:07 PM
thehappyhuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies
i usually start rolling in once the season gets going. Too often [always] the offseason discussions center on conference jumping, how to improve attendance, etc. with nothing really of merit coming out.

Much like Christmas decorations in stores in July, I like to let the seasons take their course and wait until its time before I enjoy football season again.
08-24-2015 02:34 PM
niu50yrdline Offline
Special Teams

I've been checking in more lately. Mostly just reading and not commenting... I'm sure there's others that do the same. As the season picks up so will the opinions.
08-24-2015 03:18 PM
Advertisement

BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators
Twitter you old farts, lots of talk there all the time.
08-24-2015 03:49 PM
NIU_PSE Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Huskies
(08-24-2015 03:18 PM)niu50yrdline Wrote:  I've been checking in more lately. Mostly just reading and not commenting... I'm sure there's others that do the same. As the season picks up so will the opinions.

DITTO
08-24-2015 03:56 PM
Mark26pt2 Offline
Special Teams

(08-24-2015 01:05 PM)Huskies2006 Wrote:  
(08-24-2015 01:01 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  I think that message boards don't really hold interest to today's college students and younger. At the risk of sounding much older than I actually am, kids these days are probably talking about NIU on instagram and flicker and snapchat.

Just spitballin......

I like that format better though, it's easier to have a conversational discussion. It refreshes automatically and there's not these big signatures and everything taking up a lot of empty space.

do you have a link for NIU there - I was not able to find the boards
08-24-2015 04:04 PM
bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-24-2015 12:16 PM)HuskieFootball Addict Wrote:  Is it possible that due to the nastiness of some of the posters towards others people stay away now? Just a thought.

I took a 2-3 month. break from posting for this reason but I kept reading the board as this is a good source of information. I always intended to come back for the game day threads. I love NIU football and at the end of the day I don't really care if someone takes a cyber shot at me.

I am so looking forward to this season. If Hare has improved a little on his deep throws it could be an awsome year.
08-24-2015 04:07 PM
Huskies2006 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU, UF, Sox
(08-24-2015 04:04 PM)Mark26pt2 Wrote:  
(08-24-2015 01:05 PM)Huskies2006 Wrote:  

Just spitballin......

do you have a link for NIU there - I was not able to find the boards

NIU board isn't really active as far the messaging goes, but I use it for other sports teams (and post less far often about NIU because I don't like this format as much).
08-24-2015 04:13 PM
Advertisement

HeadoftheHuskie Offline
Water Engineer

(08-24-2015 04:07 PM)bikechuck Wrote:  

I took a 2-3 month. break from posting for this reason but I kept reading the board as this is a good source of information. I always intended to come back for the game day threads. I love NIU football and at the end of the day I don't really care if someone takes a cyber shot at me.

I am so looking forward to this season. If Hare has improved a little on his deep throws it could be an awsome year.
I noticed this today, I was reading about Golladay and then the whole thread was taken over with posters repeatedly attacking the same person. It's just repetitive, rude and a waste of time. It doesn't help anyone by repeatedly trashing another poster, and doesn't help those who want to read and learn about what is going on with NIU.
08-24-2015 04:15 PM
thehappyhuskie Offline
1st String

(08-24-2015 04:15 PM)HeadoftheHuskie Wrote:  
(08-24-2015 04:07 PM)bikechuck Wrote:  

I noticed this today, I was reading about Golladay and then the whole thread was taken over with posters repeatedly attacking the same person. It's just repetitive, rude and a waste of time. It doesn't help anyone by repeatedly trashing another poster, and doesn't help those who want to read and learn about what is going on with NIU.

+1 this is why we can't have nice things.
08-24-2015 04:42 PM
NIUSox10 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
Dont be softies this happens on every forum whether it be pros, college, cnn, world of warcraft... Not everyone on the internet behind a monitor is courteous.
08-24-2015 04:49 PM
Heisman

(08-24-2015 04:49 PM)NIUSox10 Wrote:  Dont be softies this happens on every forum whether it be pros, college, cnn, world of warcraft... Not everyone on the internet behind a monitor is courteous.

Some people are really bad though. REALLY bad. No excuse for being a jerkwad...just sayin'.

That's why I blocked a few. Life on the board for me - much better now. 04-cheers
08-24-2015 05:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.