Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

And It Starts....MBB Training
Tiki Owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesNew Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
And It Starts....MBB Training
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2015 12:02 PM by Tiki Owl.)
08-24-2015 11:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HawaiiOwl Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Owls
RE: And It Starts....MBB Training
(08-24-2015 11:59 AM)Tiki Owl Wrote:  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf1yOgXQAPs

Very cool!
Mahalo for posting!
08-24-2015 12:09 PM
Orange County Owl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice/Bradley/Iowa

New Orleans Bowl
That's just a whole lot of awesome.
08-24-2015 01:16 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
Great preview! Can't wait for basketball season #2 to get here! Love the Med center Skyline views--something that makes Rice somewhat unique among the average university is its pastoral campus smack dab in the middle of a giant city.

08-24-2015 01:56 PM
Advertisement

owl95 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rice
The guys look like they are in great physical shape. As we showed last year, we can win games sometimes by just outlasting the other team.
08-24-2015 02:19 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
(08-24-2015 02:19 PM)owl95 Wrote:  The guys look like they are in great physical shape. As we showed last year, we can win games sometimes by just outlasting the other team.

Amen! The guys who were here last year knew what to expect, and they could lead the new guys through it. Last year this type of training was new to everyone at Rice.

Early last season OOC we fell just short several times. This year, with more experience in playing to Coach Mike Rhoades' philosophy and attitude many more of those contests should be wins. Hope we can get a few more of these preview videos to whet our appetites like last year (I think there were 3 posted before last season began: the S&C vid, the SEAL training vid, and the swimming vid).
08-24-2015 02:31 PM
smackdaddy Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice Owls
I'm confused. When do they learn to balance beachballs on their noses and clap for scrod??
08-24-2015 04:33 PM
Bay Area Owl Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(08-24-2015 01:56 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  Great preview! Can't wait for basketball season #2 to get here! Love the Med center Skyline views--something that makes Rice somewhat unique among the average university is its pastoral campus smack dab in the middle of a giant city.

Indeed. In promoting itself, Rice rarely stresses that it is a spacious, low-density campus in the middle of a heavily urbanized area. Most urban universities are either spatially small and overwhelmed by the larger city, or if they do have a large campus, it's because they also have a huge enrollment. For a potential Rice student-athlete, I can see how the combination of 'big city' and 'plenty of space' could be appealing.

I also love how the philosophy of this coaching staff reflects the Rice mentality of 'work hard, play hard'.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2015 01:42 AM by Bay Area Owl.)
08-25-2015 01:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.