Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

North Texas... Some see them as a quality
Bookmark and Share
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

When was the last time they won a regular season game against a 1-A opponent during the regular season?
09-20-2005 12:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tigerjeb Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame

its been several years.

a couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine who is a La Tech alum invited me to go watch their florida game at a local establishment with their alumni group. that game sucked, so i got one of the tv's flipped over to north texas at middle tennesse and watched a bit of that one. i was really suprised, north texas looked really bad. they've still got their two good running backs, but otherwise - nothing. taking that game and comparing them to what chattanooga brought to memphis last saturday(7 D-1 transfers), i'm thinking chattanooga would probably beat them.
09-20-2005 01:02 PM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

tigerjeb Wrote:its been several years.

a couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine who is a La Tech alum invited me to go watch their florida game at a local establishment with their alumni group. that game sucked, so i got one of the tv's flipped over to north texas at middle tennesse and watched a bit of that one. i was really suprised, north texas looked really bad. they've still got their two good running backs, but otherwise - nothing. taking that game and comparing them to what chattanooga brought to memphis last saturday(7 D-1 transfers), i'm thinking chattanooga would probably beat them.
I should have clarified outside of the Sunbelt since it is technically a 1-A conference and they do dominate it.
09-20-2005 01:10 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed

What's your point?
09-20-2005 01:28 PM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

3601 Wrote:What's your point?
That despite its Sunbelt success UNT is a poor 1-A program.
09-20-2005 01:31 PM
Advertisement

TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

L-Yes, Why do you care?
09-20-2005 01:32 PM
UTEPDallas Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTEP/Penn State

And what's your point in bashing Tulsa for their win against UNT? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
09-20-2005 01:33 PM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Calling a win over UNT 'impressive' is a stretch is my only point.
09-20-2005 01:39 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies

L-yes Wrote:Calling a win over UNT 'impressive' is a stretch is my only point.
Just a win would be un-impressive, but a total rape, pillage, and murder of UNT is fairly impressive. :ecu:
09-20-2005 01:54 PM
Advertisement

TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

What would USC call the 50 point win they would get over Louisville..........

routine?
09-20-2005 02:00 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed

GrayBeard Wrote:
Just a win would be un-impressive, but a total rape, pillage, and murder of UNT is fairly impressive. :ecu:
Exactly. Especially for a team that was not considered one of the top teams in the league. I think the demolition of UNT proves they can be.

L-Yes...Memphis beat Louisville much worse (37-7) at Papa John two years ago than we beat North Texas (27-17) on a neutral field that same season. North Texas was much more competetive than the Cardinals were against the Tigers.
09-20-2005 02:25 PM
Cane Gang Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

So who called it "impressive"? I sure didn't call it that. 03-confused

And why does it concern you?
09-20-2005 02:43 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

3601 Wrote:
GrayBeard Wrote:
Exactly. Especially for a team that was not considered one of the top teams in the league. I think the demolition of UNT proves they can be.

L-Yes...Memphis beat Louisville much worse (37-7) at Papa John two years ago than we beat North Texas (27-17) on a neutral field that same season. North Texas was much more competetive than the Cardinals were against the Tigers.
UofL would have beat them easily in '03. Congrats on '03, we figured we had allow a Tiger win in Louisville once every decade or so since we had beaten you something like 11 of the last 13.

UofL got soundly pummelled in that game, but that game was in no way representative of UofL that year. The best team NT beat that year finished 2 games under .500 against I-A clubs. Louisville had much better wins than anything they could have offered.
09-20-2005 03:48 PM
Advertisement

PerryGreen Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas

I know this was started by a Louisville fan, but where the hell did it come from? Yeah, we've had a rocky start to the season. We're starting a freshman QB and like HerdZoned so nicely put it, we lost a lot of talent on both lines (the D more than the O).

College football is cyclical dude, and we are in a down, rebuilding year. We're still 1-1 and 1-0 in a conference that we STILL OWN. The team will get better. We have proven in the past that we can compete with C-USA schools. Don't forget wins over Texas Tech (twice), Oregon State, Baylor, Cincinnatti, Troy (twice) have all happened over the past decade.

All in all, we ARE a quality opponent. What looks better on your schedule? North Texas...or Sam Houston State, Jacksonville State, UT-Chattanooga, William and Mary, McNeese State, or even New Mexico State or UL-Lafayette??? These are all teams that C-USA teams scheduled this year.

Discount our sloppy win on the road over Middle Tennessee all you want. They played 'Bama a little tougher than good old Spurrier and the Cocks. So down year or not...things are STILL growing and we're building things the right way at North Texas. So ask me again in about three years if we're a "quality" opponent.

I hope Louisville gets romped in the Big East.
09-22-2005 08:47 AM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

CollegeCard Wrote:UofL would have beat them easily in '03. Congrats on '03, we figured we had allow a Tiger win in Louisville once every decade or so since we had beaten you something like 11 of the last 13.

UofL got soundly pummelled in that game, but that game was in no way representative of UofL that year. The best team NT beat that year finished 2 games under .500 against I-A clubs. Louisville had much better wins than anything they could have offered.
Really??? And you know this because........

Go CUSA!
09-22-2005 10:01 AM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

HiddenDragon Wrote:
CollegeCard Wrote:UofL would have beat them easily in '03. Congrats on '03, we figured we had allow a Tiger win in Louisville once every decade or so since we had beaten you something like 11 of the last 13.

Really??? And you know this because........

Go CUSA!
Come in genius, obviously the game will never be played. I'm saying based on final stats for the year, UofL only loses that game if they didn't show up for the game. I doubt that happens as its only happened once since Petrino started here, the Memphis game.
09-22-2005 11:04 AM
Cane Gang Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Regardless of anything that won't-mind-their-own-business Cardinal fans might say, I respect the North Texas program. I think the year will prove that Tulsa has a pretty decent team this year. We played very well on Saturday and UNT didn't. Simple as that.

I certainly will not take them lightly when they visit Skelly next year with revenge on their mind.
09-22-2005 03:21 PM
Advertisement

EastStang Offline
All American

I Root For:

Funny thing, UNT will probably go to whatever the NO Bowl is this year because the rest of the SunBelch is really putrid.
09-22-2005 03:59 PM
bowerfan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Southern Miss

PerryGreen Wrote:proven in the past that we can compete with C-USA
Yeah, Mean Green I guess you have forgotten about the A$$ whipping Southern Miss gave you last year in the New Orleans Bowl..... :crying: :crying:
09-22-2005 07:27 PM
GoGold Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss

Inferior complex. Its the only sane explantation. UofL fans on here whining about a Tulsa/UNT game. Go back to the big time...you guys are pitiful.
09-22-2005 08:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread:

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.