Bookmark and Share
numbersdontlie Offline
Livin in a van down by the river.

I Root For: NIU
NIU got votes in preseason ap poll
Thought I saw 2 points.

Edit: confirmed.

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2015 01:56 PM by numbersdontlie.)
08-23-2015 01:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Mark26pt2 Offline
Special Teams

RE: NIU got votes in preseason ap poll
Any votes are good votes
08-23-2015 01:47 PM
numbersdontlie Offline
Livin in a van down by the river.

08-23-2015 01:56 PM
The Frisky Biscuit Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Death
I know one of you wants to go on a "they don't respect us!" rant....come on....out with it...
08-23-2015 02:45 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(08-23-2015 02:45 PM)The Frisky Biscuit Wrote:  I know one of you wants to go on a "they don't respect us!" rant....come on....out with it...

They're out to get us! 03-hissyfit

I'm surprised we got any votes though. I will say, I think the team has a high ceiling. Lots of potential.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2015 03:22 PM by NIU007.)
08-23-2015 02:51 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
(08-23-2015 02:45 PM)The Frisky Biscuit Wrote:  I know one of you wants to go on a "they don't respect us!" rant....come on....out with it...

NIU has top 25 votes, Id call that respect for a team that lost most of the offensive line and some key pieces on defense.
08-23-2015 02:54 PM
Advertisement

WeAreHuskies Offline
Bench Warmer

NIU gets no respect, no respect at all.
We play better than U of I and NU and they give us no respect
We win 5 straight MAC West titles/Won MAC in 2014, Media poll gives us no respect
ESPN loves to talk in bed,
So they call NIU from a hotel room with the SEC and say "I DONT RESPECT YOU"
No respect at all...

-Rodney HuskieField
08-23-2015 03:16 PM
HuskieAlumnus03 Offline
Special Teams

Funny thing is Marshall gets no vote at all! LMAO
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2015 04:44 PM by HuskieAlumnus03.)
08-23-2015 03:23 PM
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

I Root For: NIU, tOSU, UC
(08-23-2015 03:23 PM)HuskieAlumnus03 Wrote:  Funny thing is Marshall gets no vote at all! LMAO
Nor do they deserve any losing their golden boy to the dredges of the Cleveland bench... Herd fans are in for a rude awakening
08-23-2015 05:34 PM
nbcards Offline
Special Teams

Nice to see NIU getting some votes even if it is only 2.

I see we are the only school in Illinois to get votes. Too bad a certain troll thinks NIU isn't the best in the state lol
08-23-2015 06:02 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
If the AP top 25 teams were stocks in my opinion:

Teams to Sell right now - Michigan State, Boise State.

Michigan State is probably the most overrated team in this poll. Mostly because of the fact they are the 2nd best Big 10 team so they have to be good, right? Well um, good maybe, great no.

Boise State survived through a mediocre MWC schedule with most of their big games at home last year. They displayed some high deficiencies at times and essentially could not stop the New Mexico State offense. They did beat a reeling Arizona team and I feel is getting too much credit headed into this season, especially after losing their 2 top offensive players. Look for Boise to be 1 and done in the top 25.

Teams to buy right now:

Arkansas, Tennessee

Arkansas had so many near misses in a tough SEC last year, and is probably the most undervalued team in the nation, even at 18. They are probably the most physical team all-around in the country.

Tennessee has some incredible young talent from a couple of years of excellent recruiting, look for them to be a top 10 power by mid-October.
08-25-2015 10:58 AM
Advertisement

HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
(08-25-2015 10:58 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  If the AP top 25 teams were stocks in my opinion:

Michigan State is probably the most overrated team in this poll. Mostly because of the fact they are the 2nd best Big 10 team so they have to be good, right? Well um, good maybe, great no.

Boise State survived through a mediocre MWC schedule with most of their big games at home last year. They displayed some high deficiencies at times and essentially could not stop the New Mexico State offense. They did beat a reeling Arizona team and I feel is getting too much credit headed into this season, especially after losing their 2 top offensive players. Look for Boise to be 1 and done in the top 25.

Teams to buy right now:

Arkansas, Tennessee

Arkansas had so many near misses in a tough SEC last year, and is probably the most undervalued team in the nation, even at 18. They are probably the most physical team all-around in the country.

Tennessee has some incredible young talent from a couple of years of excellent recruiting, look for them to be a top 10 power by mid-October.

Where do you get some of this from?? Arizona beat multiple ranked teams throughout the year last year and just got beat by Boise. Boise looked like the better team basically the whole game. Arkansas lost their best running back for the season, yes they do have an experienced back-up but basically no one behind him. There passing game is still a huge question mark too.
08-25-2015 11:50 AM
Hall of Famer

(08-25-2015 11:50 AM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  
(08-25-2015 10:58 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  If the AP top 25 teams were stocks in my opinion:

Teams to buy right now:

Arkansas, Tennessee

Where do you get some of this from?? Arizona beat multiple ranked teams throughout the year last year and just got beat by Boise. Boise looked like the better team basically the whole game. Arkansas lost their best running back for the season, yes they do have an experienced back-up but basically no one behind him. There passing game is still a huge question mark too.

Not worth the fight. Ever since they beat NIU, MD had Arkansas as a top ten team for this year. It's baffling but not worth fighting.
08-26-2015 12:03 AM
Enaiu Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies
I still think Arkansas has a better than expected year, though. They're a good team, and I think they have depth at that position.
08-26-2015 12:48 AM
UIHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For: Illinois
(08-25-2015 10:58 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  Michigan State is probably the most overrated team in this poll. Mostly because of the fact they are the 2nd best Big 10 team so they have to be good, right? Well um, good maybe, great no.

Explain why, and be specific. This should be good.
08-26-2015 11:09 AM
Hall of Famer

(08-26-2015 11:09 AM)UIHuskie Wrote:  
(08-25-2015 10:58 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  Michigan State is probably the most overrated team in this poll. Mostly because of the fact they are the 2nd best Big 10 team so they have to be good, right? Well um, good maybe, great no.

Explain why, and be specific. This should be good.

Because the MAC will surge ahead of the PIG Ten this year, clearly.
08-27-2015 12:49 AM
Advertisement

Policiious Offline
All American

I Root For: NU, NIU
Only 5 G5 teams received votes, NIU tied for 3rd with BYU at 2, Cincy got 6 and WKU 1.
08-28-2015 11:11 AM
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

I Root For: NIU, tOSU, UC
(08-28-2015 11:11 AM)Policiious Wrote:  Only 5 G5 teams received votes, NIU tied for 3rd with BYU at 2, Cincy got 6 and WKU 1.
Not bad company...
08-28-2015 11:13 AM
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(08-26-2015 11:09 AM)UIHuskie Wrote:  Explain why, and be specific. This should be good.

crickets.
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

Imagine where we'd be if we won our bowl last year!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.