Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UNLV Predictions Thread
Bookmark and Share
timxlydon Offline
Left Hand Path

I Root For: NIU
UNLV Predictions Thread
The 2015 Huskies season is right around the corner, and September 5 can't come soon enough. With the game two weeks from today I think now is as good a time as any to start throwing some predictions out there.

Last season's game against the Rebels was Drew Hare's first start, and I think he did pretty damn well. Hare went 18/28 passing for 285 yards with 3 TDs and 0 INTS. Oh yeah, he also ran for 74 yards and a score, too. If not for the defense taking the second half off, this game would have been a complete blowout. With a championship season under his belt, I expect Hare to look sharp in the opener. One guy I really like to breakout this year is Ducee Turner. Look for Hare to hookup with Ducee on a big play.

Let's just get this out of the way, I do not think UNLV is a good team. Despite their "prestigious" coaching staff, as well as veteran players at QB and WR, the Rebels are predicted to be one of the worst teams in the country. I know last year's game was "close", but the Huskies won't be playing in that Las Vegas heat again. The Huskies defense should be able to play a much better game this time around.

I predict the Huskies will score early and often. The stadium will be packed, and the crowd will be loud. The Rebels will struggle on both sides of the ball.

UNLV- 17
NIU- 42

Go Huskies!
08-22-2015 11:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

numbersdontlie Offline
Livin in a van down by the river.

RE: UNLV Predictions Thread
my prediction: no cannon
08-22-2015 12:17 PM
DogPoundNorth Offline
Coach Carey Loves His Wife

(08-22-2015 12:17 PM)numbersdontlie Wrote:  my prediction: no cannon

You can bank on that. And to go ahead and feed off that, I predict plenty of fireworks.
08-22-2015 12:33 PM
NIU_HuskiesUnsurpassed Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Everything NIU
48-10 NIU!
08-22-2015 12:38 PM
WeAreHuskies Offline
Bench Warmer

Huskies- 40
UNLV- 24

Huskies get 5 TDs (2 passing by Hare) one PAT is missed and we kick 2 field goals. HUSKIES WIN!
08-22-2015 12:59 PM
KMR_NIU_13 Offline
Bench Warmer

UNLV Predictions Thread
41-20, NIU. A couple big runs from Huff and Joel. And a TD from each tommylee and Kenny G.

Good way to start the 2015 campaign
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2015 01:35 PM by KMR_NIU_13.)
08-22-2015 01:34 PM
Advertisement

huskie61032 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NIU/Chi WISC
NIU - a lot
UNLV - not a lot
08-22-2015 01:48 PM
scottiep12 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
NIU-38
UNLV-24

NIU fairly dominant, game gets a little sloppy in the 2nd half.

What we learned: offense has so many weapons, coaching staff still tinkering with where and how to get different guys the ball. Hare has total command of the offense but still has room to improve, accuracy and timing being the main ones. Defense is beast mode...many plus plays, if we can get our dline rotation and OLB spot figured out we could be talking on par with the '12 or '10 defense.
08-22-2015 02:44 PM
NIU Football 11 Offline
Water Engineer

We're a 21 point favorite for a reason. 52-13
08-22-2015 08:08 PM
MileHighHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
NIU 48
UNLV 21
I think NIU's D will step up, UNLV pouts more points on in the later 3rd and 4th quarters. UNLV will be pumped to prove itself on the Huskie stage, new coach will have them ready. We show up and play Huskie football, Huskies will be too much for Rebels to handle, especially playing at Huskie stadium. I could see NIU scoring more than 48, but I think we win this one early, put in our other kids and get playing time.
Here's to Hare! Go get it done.
08-24-2015 02:11 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
En-eye-you: 34
You-en-el-vee: 24
08-24-2015 02:13 PM
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
Huskies 44
UNLV 30

Some offensive fireworks for both sides in this one, after some initially sloppy play on both sides in the 1st qtr.
08-24-2015 02:36 PM
thehappyhuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Huskies: 42
Rebs: 38

NIU secondary gets sloppy in the second half calling for a MAC style shootout. Some on this board begin calling for Carey's head, and Hare's because he isn't [insert other QBs name here], though it won't have anything to do with the secondary, it will be, "just because."
08-24-2015 02:37 PM
StevenNIU Offline
1st String

NIU 51
UNLV 17
08-24-2015 02:41 PM
HuskieJWN Offline
All American

Men of Corn 45
Desert Men 24
08-24-2015 02:43 PM
MileHighHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
(08-24-2015 02:37 PM)thehappyhuskie Wrote:  Huskies: 42

NIU secondary gets sloppy in the second half calling for a MAC style shootout. Some on this board begin calling for Carey's head, and Hare's because he isn't [insert other QBs name here], though it won't have anything to do with the secondary, it will be, "just because."

Not saying you are wrong, anything can happen. What I am saying is that if we play UNLV at home that close, our entire season will be a rough one, unless they improve. I personally feel we have way to many experienced weapons coming back for this one to be close. Our O-line (from what I have read) is coming together nicely, so what are our concerns about this team? Asking, I am not knowing. If Hare does what he does, with our WR and running backs, this one should not be close. Feels like our D will be a great one. What am I missing here folks?
08-24-2015 02:43 PM
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent

I wont feel bad if the NIU secondary gets torched, that's what UNLV does, they have some serious weapons on the offensive side of the ball. Luckily they should have a poor defense.
08-24-2015 02:44 PM
RedandBlackAttack Offline
1st String

NIU: 45
UNLV: 21
08-24-2015 02:47 PM
thehappyhuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(08-24-2015 02:43 PM)MileHighHuskie Wrote:  

Not saying you are wrong, anything can happen. What I am saying is that if we play UNLV at home that close, our entire season will be a rough one, unless they improve. I personally feel we have way to many experienced weapons coming back for this one to be close. Our O-line (from what I have read) is coming together nicely, so what are our concerns about this team? Asking, I am not knowing. If Hare does what he does, with our WR and running backs, this one should not be close. Feels like our D will be a great one. What am I missing here folks?

Our secondary slips up when we go to zone, always has, always does. First game of the season the coaches always tinker with things to get them straight, and it seems like its a mess until something finally clicks. I am not expecting it to be a rough season, but I am expecting UNLV in desperation to just start throwing the ball deep if they are getting crushed.
08-24-2015 02:52 PM
MileHighHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
(08-24-2015 02:52 PM)thehappyhuskie Wrote:  
(08-24-2015 02:43 PM)MileHighHuskie Wrote:  

Our secondary slips up when we go to zone, always has, always does. First game of the season the coaches always tinker with things to get them straight, and it seems like its a mess until something finally clicks. I am not expecting it to be a rough season, but I am expecting UNLV in desperation to just start throwing the ball deep if they are getting crushed.
Makes sense, thank you for the reply. Let's hope from some Huskie winds in DeKalb.
08-24-2015 02:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.