UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Time to put butts in the seats for basketball
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Time to put butts in the seats for basketball
I want to encourage people to call UAB, join Blazer Boosters, and sign up for season tickets. We need to make a big push to get more butts in the seats for men's and Women's basketball at Bartow.

A few other things.

* If you are not going to a game make sure someone uses your tickets. Heck let me know and I will help distribute them.

* Buy a newbie a ticket and treat them to a game. You just may create a new fan.

* Show up no matter if we play Seattle or MTSU. Our players deserve your support and if we want to be a big time program we need to start acting like big time fans.

* Someone needs to motivate the students. I know they show up for protests and tv games but they need to show up for the JSU s of the world as well as other conference games. I'm open to ideas.

* Make an effort to come to at least four Women's games. They play an exciting brand of basketball and work very hard for your support. They bleed just as green as the men.

Feel free to add to this list.
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2015 12:03 PM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
08-21-2015 11:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I Root For: UAB
RE: Time to put butts in the seats for basketball
Someone, maybe Marla mentioned that fans should try and attend a least 1 game for every team we have.

That sounds like a great goal for us.
08-21-2015 12:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
We should do a contest here and see how many of us can attend an event in every sport. Marla is wonderful.
08-21-2015 12:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlazerGold09 Offline
All American

(08-21-2015 12:09 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  We should do a contest here and see how many of us can attend an event in every sport. Marla is wonderful.

Great idea. I'm on board.
08-21-2015 12:20 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
The coaches should push for their players to show up at other games.

I don't know how you get the students out, but we need to figure it out.
08-21-2015 12:39 PM
Ramsay7884 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB Basketball
Can you pick where your seats will be. Me and 4-5 other people have now sat in the corner upper across from UAB bench. We kind of sit alone and love the seats!! We went to every game but 1 last year. I would totally buy 5 tickets if we can get this section.
08-21-2015 12:41 PM
Advertisement

uabhack Offline
Special Teams

(08-21-2015 12:41 PM)Ramsay7884 Wrote:  Can you pick where your seats will be. Me and 4-5 other people have now sat in the corner upper across from UAB bench. We kind of sit alone and love the seats!! We went to every game but 1 last year. I would totally buy 5 tickets if we can get this section.

Yes, you can pick where you want to sit as long as it's not General Admission or the seats are taken. Call 205-975-UAB1 and talk to the athletic department staff about locations available.
08-21-2015 12:46 PM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(08-21-2015 12:39 PM)blazers9911 Wrote:  The coaches should push for their players to show up at other games.

I don't know how you get the students out, but we need to figure it out.

A lot of that already goes on. I have seen any number of teams attending other team's games.

For the students, the main thing it takes is student leadership to step up. Someone in marketing with fresh ideas could help, if anyone fitting that description is involved.
08-21-2015 01:18 PM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
If we don't want to be perceived as small time and raggedy-assed, we have to get out there in numbers and support the teams. Home field advantage is in great part about the fans of a team raising hell and supporting them, making life difficult for the visiting team.

You can't do that from home.
08-21-2015 01:20 PM
JeffUAB Offline
Special Teams

(08-21-2015 01:20 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  If we don't want to be perceived as small time and raggedy-assed, we have to get out there in numbers and support the teams. Home field advantage is in great part about the fans of a team raising hell and supporting them, making life difficult for the visiting team.

You can't do that from home.

This. Bartow with 4k+ is magical and just a whole lot of fun. Let's fill that place up!
08-21-2015 01:26 PM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
Every game is a Fire Ray Watts opportunity.
08-21-2015 01:31 PM
Advertisement

TMcCarty Offline
Maximus Decimus Meridius

Folding@NCAAbbs
I'm 4 new basketball season tickets this year, plus I have a gold card now to go to all the soccer/baseball/softball games I want.
08-21-2015 01:45 PM
Pavy78 Offline
Special Teams

(08-21-2015 01:45 PM)TMcCarty Wrote:  I'm 4 new basketball season tickets this year, plus I have a gold card now to go to all the soccer/baseball/softball games I want.

Thanks to Ray, that Gold Card will get you into all the football games for free too.

Seriously though, I love the gold card. I take my kids and their friends to the WBB and VB games using it. Its a major benefit if you chose to use it.
08-21-2015 01:54 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
I'll be at a few road games this year, @Charlotte and @ Auburn. I'm planning on going to the CUSA tournament, as well. Hopefully I can make it to a home game.
08-21-2015 01:55 PM
JeffUAB Offline
Special Teams

Agree. The Gold Card is awesome. I've used it mostly for soccer in the past, but I really want to get to more WBB games this year too.
08-21-2015 01:56 PM
TMcCarty Offline
Maximus Decimus Meridius

Folding@NCAAbbs
I've got 2 daughters, so I'll definitely be using it on women's sports in addition to my preference of soccer.
08-21-2015 02:07 PM
Advertisement

Hopeful Offline
Special Teams

Winning is, of course, the most obvious driver for fan support, but, to really have lasting support, we have to collectively take steps to creating a dynamic fan experience. Upgrades to the arena are really good in that regard, but to foster a more unique experience we'd have to look into establishing traditions. I know, I know. Those things can't be forced, but you have to get started somewhere and there's no time like now considering the attention on UAB athletics right now and the rebranding of Gang Green or whatever it is ultimately called.

Another thing is that the effort to get people to show up has to be centered on the students first. Start a tee shirt exchange, make some greater incentives for point system Inferno had, engage the Greek societies and let the most prominent fraternity and sorority get something special, use events for the occasional student lead into the games, etc.
08-21-2015 02:41 PM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(08-21-2015 02:41 PM)Hopeful Wrote:  Winning is, of course, the most obvious driver for fan support, but, to really have lasting support, we have to collectively take steps to creating a dynamic fan experience. Upgrades to the arena are really good in that regard, but to foster a more unique experience we'd have to look into establishing traditions. I know, I know. Those things can't be forced, but you have to get started somewhere and there's no time like now considering the attention on UAB athletics right now and the rebranding of Gang Green or whatever it is ultimately called.

Another thing is that the effort to get people to show up has to be centered on the students first. Start a tee shirt exchange, make some greater incentives for point system Inferno had, engage the Greek societies and let the most prominent fraternity and sorority get something special, use events for the occasional student lead into the games, etc.

Those are fine ideas, but all require work by the official marketers in whom I have no trust and of whom I am developing a visceral dislike.

We have proven that we can do this sort of thing ourselves. The Dragon March was so cool at the spring football game. We need a Dragon March before every home basketball game, including bagpipes and chants of Fire Ray Watts!
08-21-2015 02:48 PM
DrDragon Offline
Water Engineer

After last season's success, a lot of people will buy season basketball tickets if you give them a nudge. I'm about to place an order for a block of 24 seats. Even the nose bleed seats are good in Bartow arena.
08-21-2015 04:23 PM
BlazerHam Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
If anyone is unfamiliar:

http://www.uabsports.com/tickets/tickets...asebl.html

UAB Athletics is proud to offer the Gold Card.

With your Gold Card, you gain admittance to all men's soccer, women's soccer, volleyball, women's basketball, baseball and fastpitch softball regular season home games at UAB. The Gold Card is offered on both an individual basis or, for an even greater value, as a Family Plan, which admits four people.

Gold Card
$50

Family Plan
$75

Seating for all Olympic sports is general admission. Order your Gold Card today by calling: (205) 975-UAB1.
08-21-2015 04:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.