Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT••••Little League World Series••••
Bookmark and Share
South Carolina Duke Offline
Banned

I Root For: James Madison
I don't know if many of you have been watching the regional play up to this point. However the World Series has begun in Williamsport, PA.

Be sure to check out South Carolina (Northwood/Taylors Sc) Greenville County's Team. This team made it by knocking off Virginia (Mechanicsville) last week.

Congrats to our 12U boys! They have worked hard and played their butts off to get to this point.

Check out one of our pitchers throws 79 MPH from 45'.

We are playing first game originally scheduled at 4 PM today has been delayed until 5:00 due to wet field conditions.
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2015 08:50 AM by South Carolina Duke.)
08-21-2015 08:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HolyCityDuke Offline
All American

I Root For: Duke Doge
RE: OT••••Little League World Series••••
(08-21-2015 08:39 AM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  I don't know if many of you have been watching the regional play up to this point. However the World Series has begun in Williamsport, PA.

Be sure to check out South Carolina (Northwood/Taylors Sc) Greenville County's Team. This team made it by knocking off Virginia (Mechanicsville) last week.

Congrats to our 12U boys! They have worked hard and played their butts off to get to this point.

Check out one of our pitchers throws 79 MPH from 45'.

We are playing first game originally scheduled at 4 PM today has been delayed until 5:00 due to wet field conditions.

Good for them, though still upset they knocked out my team in Mechanicsville..
08-21-2015 08:52 AM
Banned

To be in the top 18 Teams out of 6,500 Little League Teams in the Organization World Wide, it is impressive. Very proud of our boys.
08-21-2015 10:55 AM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
I always root for the team that has the most players that actually look like 11 & 12 year olds. It's become like punt, pass & kick with monster size kids participating.
08-21-2015 11:36 AM
Advertisement

Banned

Not any longer. This is the first year that Little League has changed the ages , so there are no longer any 13 year olds playing.

Now in doing so, many younger players were forced up and lost a year in the developmental lower divisions like Coaches Pitch, unfortunately.

I know that on my Northwood team Minor Team this year, we had a few sacrificial lambs that would have been absolute studs in CP if the rules would not have changed. And as expected 95% of them struggled mightily in Minor League transition.

Now our stud pitcher is 12 and plays 15U ball as well. But it's not bragging if you can do it!
08-21-2015 12:01 PM
Banned

Just for clarification , if a player is 13 during this World Series, they could not turn 13 prior to April. Meaning last year there were 14 year olds playing.
08-21-2015 04:16 PM
Banned

Gist just went yard 370' !! 4-1 SC
08-21-2015 04:59 PM
Advertisement

Rock House Duke Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU
The kid who hit the home to yesterday smacked the leather off the ball. That was the longest homer I have ever seen at Williamsport.
08-22-2015 08:07 AM
Banned

Well we ha d two HR's in that game. The first was from Edmundson who just threw his second No Hitter back to back. He had 15 K's yesterday. Throwing 83 mph helps!
08-22-2015 08:44 AM
Banned

Edmundson crushes a 3 run shot over center.
08-23-2015 07:41 PM
Advertisement

JMUforBreakfast Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: jmu
Great game by both teams last night - PA just had more bats.
08-24-2015 10:15 AM
Banned

I agree.

But as a coach I understand the percentages , however, I would have pulled Soug and he would have never started the 6th. I was screaming at the TV.

I would not have intentionally walked the batter either. I understand the theory but the percentages are based upon MLB players NOT 11-12 year olds.

BTW that high stride that those PA players were doing is both ridiculous and mechanically "awful" for a hitter. I hated watching that and it will not serve those boys well in the long run.

Great game no doubt. Let's see how SC does today at 4:00 vs KY.
08-24-2015 10:39 AM
tribe_pride Online
1st String

I Root For: W&M
(08-24-2015 10:39 AM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  I agree.

But as a coach I understand the percentages , however, I would have pulled Soug and he would have never started the 6th. I was screaming at the TV.

I would not have intentionally walked the batter either. I understand the theory but the percentages are based upon MLB players NOT 11-12 year olds.

BTW that high stride that those PA players were doing is both ridiculous and mechanically "awful" for a hitter. I hated watching that and it will not serve those boys well in the long run.

I think the guy batted something like .700 or just under in regionals. In addition, with a guy on 2nd and 3rd and down by 1 in the bottom of the last inning, his run doesn't matter so it makes sense to walk him in that situation. It allowed a force out at home.

If you were talking about the earlier walks to him, I could agree with you.

One of the best at bats of the night was the SC guy who got a 10 pitch walk when they were down 6-4 in the 6th with 2 out. That guy was fighting off some tough pitches to avoid the strikeout and you could tell how happy he was as he moved down the first base line after the walk. Miss one of those pitches and the game ended 6-4.
08-24-2015 01:10 PM
Advertisement

Banned

(08-24-2015 01:10 PM)tribe_pride Wrote:  
(08-24-2015 10:39 AM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  I agree.

I think the guy batted something like .700 or just under in regionals. In addition, with a guy on 2nd and 3rd and down by 1 in the bottom of the last inning, his run doesn't matter so it makes sense to walk him in that situation. It allowed a force out at home.

If you were talking about the earlier walks to him, I could agree with you.

One of the best at bats of the night was the SC guy who got a 10 pitch walk when they were down 6-4 in the 6th with 2 out. That guy was fighting off some tough pitches to avoid the strikeout and you could tell how happy he was as he moved down the first base line after the walk. Miss one of those pitches and the game ended 6-4.

I agree the second baseman battling at the plate.

Like I said, I understand the percentages. I just would not have done it as a coach. These are young boys. The chance they field a ball clean way up in the grass and make the play at home plus pulling the OF in as well. Those percentages are based on MLB players.

Make the pitching change at the beginning of he inning. It's "so or die any way". Beat at the plate swinging don't play a prevent style defense. Look at how they were hitting the ball ,.. very few grounders and our second baseman misses one of those being cute.

Not Monday morning it, because I know the coach for NWLL and he's a great person! I would have played it different.

Let's see what happens at 4:00.
08-24-2015 01:57 PM
JMUforBreakfast Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: jmu
Well I guess SC suffered from a letdown yesterday & got beat by KY. Good run though - that Edmondson kid could have a bright future.
08-25-2015 08:42 AM
Banned

Yes sir I agree. The boys played well played and I'm proud of them!

Both Edmundson and Gist have talent, more for Edmundson but Gist could be a diamond in the rough.

But that Tournament is all about power hitting. I mean each game that I have watched has had at least 2-4 HR's in them. Unreal power!
08-25-2015 10:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.