Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

To understand Southern Miss Football
Bookmark and Share
Noodles Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
To understand Southern Miss Football
you have to understand why it is that we believe we can beat anybody. Before "Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime", there was " I Believe ".

08-19-2015 05:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: To understand Southern Miss Football
we moved here in aug '74....all three of us (me, brother, sister) all went to USM....

and we went to every game possible along the way....saw 'em all.....from beating byu in jxn memorial to beating UH in the '11 ccg (nothing to say after that)....(beating my BIL's alma mater in baton rouge was my personal fave 03-wink)

there are many fans from the g5 that would like to be able to have that heritage....

it's been a helluva of run over the years.....

yeah, we've been humbled over the last few years, but the fight is still there.....unfortunately, the game has changed once again.....dollars matter more now than ever....that one's a toughie...

having said that, "I said I believe, I said I believe, I said, I do BELIEVE!" Monk can right this cf we're currently in....

kudos and 04-cheers to those memories!
08-19-2015 07:35 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
When asked who'd I'd compare Joe Webb to, the name that always springs to mind is Reggie Collier, and yes, I know what a compliment that is to Joe.

What a beast.
08-19-2015 07:39 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
Ever since I can remember watching USM football, it's been fun to watch. The 2012 season was just unbearable.. The 2013 season was too.. But last season I saw a glimmer of hope. I'm hoping this year we get back to fun football.
08-20-2015 07:46 AM
Advertisement

usm99 Offline
Heisman

Yes I realize I am nitpicking but one of the things that I noticed that has changed has been the team's approach to the team entrance onto the field just before gametime. I can remember the team running 3/4 to full speed onto the field and sprinting over to the student section. I realize the student section, as well as the whole stadium, is no where near as full as it was in 2011 and previous years but now when the team comes onto the field it looks like they are jogging with no enthusiam almost to the point of being scared.

As far as rebounding from the 2012 and 13 seasons I could see some glimmers of hope last season even in some of the losses. I feel like you could see the fight and desire coming out in them but the depth wasn't there that was needed.
08-20-2015 09:17 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Wait til you see what Zac Woodfin will do to them.

I'll call it now. I don't know how many games USM will win, but I bet they don't lose many because they ran out of gas in the 4th quarter.
08-20-2015 11:45 AM
Colonel Angus Offline
Bench Warmer

(08-20-2015 11:45 AM)Smaug Wrote:  Wait til you see what Zac Woodfin will do to them.

I'll call it now. I don't know how many games USM will win, but I bet they don't lose many because they ran out of gas in the 4th quarter.
08-20-2015 12:09 PM
Colonel Angus Offline
Bench Warmer

Been watching Zac Woodfin since he arrived. he has really changed the culture around here. He has also changed how our guys eat. Much better nutrition. Not only are they stronger and faster, they really believe in each other. Wooden is the best I have been around in 25 years here. The A.D. has gone out of his way to make Zac Happy. More money, Better equipment, and the money needed for his players nutritional needs. Now they are looking at updates to what is already a nice weight room. The word is out on Woodfin. I figure it is only a matter of time before he triples his money in the SEC or Big12. Just been a blessing to have him here this season. If we hold on to him for one more season I will be surprised. He is one of the best in the entire country. He is one of the few that can mold the players mind as well as the body.Special guy.
08-20-2015 12:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.