Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pappy's Predictions - #9
Bookmark and Share
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
Pappy's Predictions - #9
#9 - Arkansas State

WHAT I LIKE: Five starters returning, including Anthony Livingston, who was just a tic away from averaging a double/double. In fact, there were no seniors that played last year. Three double figure scorers returning. Plenty of team height.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE: This team does not shoot well overall. They had a 0.83 team A/TO ratio. Cameron Golden shot way too many 3s for a guy who only hit 32% of them.

I do not like this prediction. I ought to be putting the Red Wolves higher, and I might miss this one a bunch. But they should have won more games last year than they did - with this same group of players. Their numbers were not great, but they were not horribly bad, either, and yet they still were 11-15 overall and 6-11 in conference. Their record was worse than their stats, and that usually means that there is an intangible missing, and I just do not see picking them higher until that intangible gets fixed.
08-17-2015 06:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

I Root For: UALR
Pappy's Predictions - #9
Brady will coast out his last year and the kids will too. Just don't see Brady making things happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
08-17-2015 07:25 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: Pappy's Predictions - #9
(08-17-2015 07:25 AM)insideualr Wrote:  Brady will coast out his last year and the kids will too. Just don't see Brady making things happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brady will coast out in front of crowds of less than a thousand people most nights. We'll finish 11th, and the Brady era will mercifully end.

One of our players said in an interview today that he thinks the team could make the tournament. I was really shocked the next question was...which tournament?
08-17-2015 01:06 PM
Isolater Offline
2nd String

Pappy's Predictions - #9
This comment is from Pappy blog about Woods, He will struggle in a motion offense because he is One dimensional. He has to have the ball in hand a put in an Isolation situation and that's not what happens in a motion offense. He won't be getting the minutes he got last year.
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2015 08:04 PM by Isolater.)
08-17-2015 01:11 PM
Advertisement

Karl B Offline
1st String

I Root For: UALR , Ark Tech
I would agree with that statement.
08-17-2015 02:57 PM
eh9198 Offline
All American

I Root For: Little Rock
The good news is they're returning all their players. The bad news is they're returning all their players.
08-18-2015 11:52 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-17-2015 01:11 PM)Isolater Wrote:  This comment is from Pappy blog about Woods, He will struggle in a motion offense because he is One dimensional. He has to have the ball in hand a put in an Isolation situation and that's not what happens in a motion offense. He won't be getting the minutes he got last year.

I'm not sure I would write off Woods just yet. He scores and he rebounds.
That's a pretty good combination. He also handles the ball pretty well, and hit most of his three point shots, although he didn't shoot many. I'll be surprised if he doesn't play a reasonably large role in this year's season. If he can't play a lot of minutes, it means some other guys are doing very well, which will be great for the program. But I expect to see him on the court a lot.04-cheers
08-18-2015 12:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.