Free Admission to UC Olympic Sports
Bookmark and Share
Jchuges7 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC, Reds, FCC
Found this on Twitter:

Quote:Cincinnati Bearcats ‏@GoBEARCATS

Fans to gain complimentary admission to select Olympic sports via "Experience UC."
http://bit.ly/1r3k9Cz
#Bearcats

Quote:The University of Cincinnati department of athletics announced a new initiative entitled Experience UC, geared toward inviting the community to campus to see first hand the great things about and surrounding the University.

Experience UC includes complimentary admission to select sporting events. The Bearcats will continue to ticket football, men's basketball and baseball home events while complimentary admission (no ticket required) will be offered for patrons attending women's basketball, lacrosse, volleyball, women's tennis, men's and women's soccer, swimming and diving and track and field home events.

"Experience UC is a user-friendly community outreach effort we have been developing over the last year," Director of Athletics Mike Bohn said. "We recognize residents of Cincinnati are missing out on seeing firsthand the great efforts of our Bearcats student-athletes. This is an opportunity for many more to witness the seismic changes which are transpiring on our incredible campus. From all our beautiful campus has to offer to our first-class facilities, we are proud to open our doors to our returning patrons as well as those who will experience UC for the first time. The Bearcats are competing to be the class of the league and we invite people to be a part of an unprecedented time in Clifton."

UC athletic events on campus begin later this month when the women's soccer team kicks off the regular season against DePaul (Aug. 21 at 7 p.m.) and Vanderbilt (Aug. 23 at 1 p.m.). The men's soccer team plays host to Bowling Green (Aug. 22 at 7 p.m.) in an exhibition contest before hosting its first regular-season home game against Northern Kentucky (Aug. 28 at 7 p.m.). Volleyball starts their 2015 campaign with the Queen City Classic, Aug. 28-29, at Fifth Third Arena. The Bearcats will take on Eastern Michigan (Aug. 28 at 7 p.m.) before facing Northern Kentucky (noon) and Xavier (6 p.m.) on Aug. 29.

"We are excited to unveil the Experience UC initiative to our fans this season," volleyball head coach Molly AIvey said. "We believe it is a way to engage the UC community that has supported us so strongly over the years and we look forward to seeing all of our friends, family, alumni and fans at all of our matches this fall."

"We are thrilled about the potential of the new Experience UC initiative," men's soccer head coach Hylton Dayes said. "It is a great way to welcome the community and also showcase Bearcats Athletics. We look forward to having fans from the Cincinnati region out at Gettler Stadium this fall to cheer on the Bearcats."

Those interested in bringing groups to those sports offering complimentary admission should contact UC Associate Marketing Director Nisha Jaga at 513-556-1052 or nisha.jaga@uc.edu.

I think this is a great thing. The Athletics Department knows that they need more overall support from the community for every Bearcats sports team and I believe this is a great way to do it. Just think about it, FREE admission = FREE entertainment options for families who could turn into big Bearcats families.

Let's hear how awful this is to the 25 people that attend these events regularly. #sarcasm 03-banghead

08-13-2015 03:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BearcatnKY Offline
Bearcat Baller

I Root For: UC luck, ONCE.
RE: Free Admission to UC Olympic Sports
Seems like a good idea. Is it going to be general sit wherever you want? Not quite sure how many season ticket holders there are for Women's Bball but they might be a little perturbed if they get pushed out of their seats. I'll probably take my little girl to a few games since it will be a sparse crowd and I'm not out any money when she gets cranky and we have to leave. Otherwise, I don't see any conflict for getting free entertainment.

08-13-2015 04:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(08-13-2015 04:01 PM)BearcatnKY Wrote:  Seems like a good idea. Is it going to be general sit wherever you want? Not quite sure how many season ticket holders there are for Women's Bball but they might be a little perturbed if they get pushed out of their seats. I'll probably take my little girl to a few games since it will be a sparse crowd and I'm not out any money when she gets cranky and we have to leave. Otherwise, I don't see any conflict for getting free entertainment.

We are lucky to get 500 people at a women's bball game. There is plenty of seating for everyone.

08-13-2015 04:07 PM
Advertisement

DuaneNorman Offline
Banned

I Root For: Cincinnati
I will not attend these games.

08-14-2015 12:21 AM
uccheese Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
I doubt that paying money is really the thing holding people back from attending most of these events, but I see no harm in trying this. I do have a young daughter I would be more inclined to take to some women's sports with this promotion.

08-14-2015 09:50 AM
Advertisement

bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
(08-14-2015 12:21 AM)DuaneNorman Wrote:  I will not attend these games.

Unless they play for the championship?

08-14-2015 10:01 AM
Jchuges7 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC, Reds, FCC
(08-14-2015 09:50 AM)uccheese Wrote:  I doubt that paying money is really the thing holding people back from attending most of these events, but I see no harm in trying this. I do have a young daughter I would be more inclined to take to some women's sports with this promotion.

I think you hit the nail on the head right there. Money may not be something that holds people back but you said it yourself: you're more inclined to attend games that you normally would not have. If more people think this way then the promotion is a success.

08-14-2015 10:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

True Bearcat Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
I have been taking my girls to women's soccer games for years. This is great news I can't wait to go!

08-14-2015 10:56 AM
dossbig Offline
1st String

I Root For: CINCINNATI
Oh my this changes everything. Now I can watch Woman's field hockey and swimming free.

08-15-2015 11:46 AM
cpawfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
I took a group of girls from my volleyball team Friday night and they had a great time.

It was nice to see the AD sitting in the stands cheering on the volleyball team.

08-29-2015 01:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.