Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Louisiana Tech Master Plan
Bookmark and Share
TechAlum05 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
Louisiana Tech Master Plan
About seven months ago, I wrote on analysis on the Louisiana Tech Master Plan based on the sneak peek Dr. Guice provided on his Twitter feed. That analysis can still be found on this website at: http://latechreport.com/2015/01/08/louis...-analysis.

The Summer 2015 edition of Louisiana Tech magazine included an article talking about the building boom on the Louisiana Tech campus from the late 1930s and the early 1940s. This boom led to the construction of Keeny Hall, Howard Auditorium, Aswell Hall, and Robinson Hall. It also mentioned the ongoing Master Plan for the university’s space and programming needs. The article also provided a link to the university’s Master Plan here: http://www.latech.edu/masterplan.

Here is he link to my overview of the Master Plan’s details.

http://latechreport.com/2015/08/13/the-l...ster-plan/
08-13-2015 08:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
RE: Louisiana Tech Master Plan
Great job! Exciting times at Tech!
08-13-2015 09:44 AM
NanoDawg Offline
1st String

I Root For: LaTech
thanks for sharing these info again, TA05!
08-13-2015 10:59 AM
LaCajunsFan Offline
Banned

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
I've had some questions about the 'Fieldhouse.' This would be an IPF, correct? If so, what are the details? Projected cost, method of paying for it? Another poster on the ltu site asked the same question, but I haven't seen a response yet:

".....the new 'Field House' looks exciting! Has anyone heard any details of what all this will entail, plans, costs, etc.?????? "

Can you shed some light on this for us? Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2015 04:23 PM by LaCajunsFan.)
08-13-2015 04:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

USMSTUD Offline
Banned

I Root For: Southern Miss
USM has a lot of construction planned also, but not sure the timetable on some of the projects.

Here's the last update I could find from May 2014

http://www.usm.edu/sites/default/files/g...ow_res.pdf
08-13-2015 04:24 PM
RonBurgundy Offline
Channel 4 News Team

(08-13-2015 04:06 PM)LAcajuns_fan Wrote:  I've had some questions about the 'Fieldhouse.' This would be an IPF, correct? If so, what are the details? Projected cost, method of paying for it? Another poster on the ltu site asked the same question, but I haven't seen a response yet:

".....the new 'Field House' looks exciting! Has anyone heard any details of what all this will entail, plans, costs, etc.?????? "

I don't think they've made it that far to my knowledge. At this point, the master plan is really about reorganizing the campus to where new facilities are added and existing ones are upgraded. I'm sure they have an idea of the type of facility they would like but I imagine that no design work has begun. I think the master plan's release was only a week or so ago.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2015 05:14 PM by RonBurgundy.)
08-13-2015 04:45 PM
LaCajunsFan Offline
Banned

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
(08-13-2015 04:45 PM)RonBurgundy Wrote:  
(08-13-2015 04:06 PM)LAcajuns_fan Wrote:  I've had some questions about the 'Fieldhouse.' This would be an IPF, correct? If so, what are the details? Projected cost, method of paying for it? Another poster on the ltu site asked the same question, but I haven't seen a response yet:

I don't think they've made it that far to my knowledge. At this point, the master plan is really at this point about reorganizing the campus to where new facilities are added and existing ones are upgraded. I'm sure they have an idea of the type of facility they would like but I imagine that no design work has begun. I think the master plan's release was only a week or so ago.
ok, understood. thx
08-13-2015 04:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

IPF probably should be the last thing added at the stadium
08-13-2015 04:59 PM
winston70 Offline
All American

I Root For: La Tech
(08-13-2015 04:59 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  IPF probably should be the last thing added at the stadium

Press box upgrade and suites is next from what I have heard.
08-13-2015 07:12 PM
TechAlum05 Offline
Bench Warmer

I don't think they've made it that far to my knowledge. At this point, the master plan is really about reorganizing the campus to where new facilities are added and existing ones are upgraded. I'm sure they have an idea of the type of facility they would like but I imagine that no design work has begun. I think the master plan's release was only a week or so ago.

I think so as well. The link to the Master Plan was released through the alumni magazine early this week. There were some preliminary costs for some building renovations on the academic side, but nothing on the field house or other athletic improvements besides the South End Zone project yet.
08-13-2015 09:15 PM
Advertisement

techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

(08-13-2015 07:12 PM)winston70 Wrote:  
(08-13-2015 04:59 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  IPF probably should be the last thing added at the stadium

Press box upgrade and suites is next from what I have heard.

I like what Arkansas St. did with their press box
08-13-2015 09:39 PM
eager eagle Offline
All American

I Root For:
(08-13-2015 09:15 PM)TechAlum05 Wrote:  

I think so as well. The link to the Master Plan was released through the alumni magazine early this week. There were some preliminary costs for some building renovations on the academic side, but nothing on the field house or other athletic improvements besides the South End Zone project yet.

La Tech estimated an average annual full time student enrollment over the next 25yrs at 7,000. Each of them paying the facility enhancement fee of $50. per qtr would contribute $150. annually for a total sum of $1,050,000. The SEZ bonds will be paid from those funds leaving about $440,000 each year for other construction projects. I suspect that is the source of other funds being spent now around the SEZ in excess of original plans. Tech can rely on that $440,000 now for a long time. Cant build too much at one time but if allowed to accumulate it could be a big help. We are talking about athletic facilities now, not classroom & administrative, etc. as they are funded differently.
08-14-2015 08:25 AM
tigtoodawg Offline
1st String

Dr. Guice's plan is to increase enrollment I think to 15000 by 2020. Don't know if that will happen. It will be tough to do, IMO. But if he succeeds, then we hopefully will be in a much better position.
08-14-2015 04:49 PM
Advertisement

eager eagle Offline
All American

I Root For:
(08-14-2015 04:49 PM)tigtoodawg Wrote:  Dr. Guice's plan is to increase enrollment I think to 15000 by 2020. Don't know if that will happen. It will be tough to do, IMO. But if he succeeds, then we hopefully will be in a much better position.

The administration projected an average of 7,000 FULL TIME undergrads on campus over the next 25yrs. This was the base number used when making the bond payoff calculations. He may shoot for 15,000 overall enrollment but that would mean a lot of correspondence and on line students which is possible in this day and time. Actually, there are high school students now taking courses in their high school that are in line with the various local colleges and the student gets college credit for completion.
08-14-2015 05:30 PM
TechAlum05 Offline
Bench Warmer

(08-14-2015 05:30 PM)eager eagle Wrote:  
(08-14-2015 04:49 PM)tigtoodawg Wrote:  Dr. Guice's plan is to increase enrollment I think to 15000 by 2020. Don't know if that will happen. It will be tough to do, IMO. But if he succeeds, then we hopefully will be in a much better position.

The administration projected an average of 7,000 FULL TIME undergrads on campus over the next 25yrs. This was the base number used when making the bond payoff calculations. He may shoot for 15,000 overall enrollment but that would mean a lot of correspondence and on line students which is possible in this day and time. Actually, there are high school students now taking courses in their high school that are in line with the various local colleges and the student gets college credit for completion.

Louisiana Tech had 7,856 full-time students (grads and undergrads) and 6,890 full-time undergraduate students in 2014-15 according to the Louisiana Board of Regents.

The 7,856 full-time student figure means that university already exceeds the figure you listed in your statement posted on 8:45 AM when you said "La Tech estimated an average annual full time student enrollment over the next 25yrs at 7,000."

The 6,890 full-time undergraduate student enrollment should increase beyond the figure in your revised statement you wrote at 5:30 PM when you said "The administration projected an average of 7,000 FULL TIME undergrads on campus over the next 25yrs." If enrollment increases to 15,000 total students, I'm betting the 7,000 full-time undergraduate number will be blown out of the water as a result.
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2015 06:55 PM by TechAlum05.)
08-14-2015 06:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.