Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Compliment to the CA
Bookmark and Share
NDTiger Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Exclamation Compliment to the CA
The coverage by the CA for the last 2 weeks has been solid. Can't wait to see what else is in store. Still would like to see a series of articles around the University's strategy for growth tied to actions/results: academic rankings, brick and mortar, community outreach, athletics, partners with business sector. It would be great to inserts as the vision as well as the road map to achieve it and within what timeline. The success of the University has a MAJOR impact on the city of Memphis. A potential P5 inclusion would catapult both the city/university. Our futures are tied.
08-07-2015 07:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Compliment to the CA
I visited Memphis recently and one observation.....enrollment since 1968 has not increased that much but.....the size of the campus seems to have more than doubled what it was when I went there in terms of number and size of buildings and the total footprint of the university and land use. Is that expansion and building growth all tax payer money or was a lot of it donated?
08-08-2015 08:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bigbob Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(08-08-2015 08:09 AM)DallasTiger Wrote:  I visited Memphis recently and one observation.....enrollment since 1968 has not increased that much but.....the size of the campus seems to have more than doubled what it was when I went there in terms of number and size of buildings and the total footprint of the university and land use. Is that expansion and building growth all tax payer money or was a lot of it donated?

The enrollment was purposely reduced as the U of M raised admission standards and focused on the percentage of graduations within a 5-6 period (a key USNew &World Report ranking metric). The building boom also focused on labs, library, and floor space capacity for research (another USN&W Report ranking metric).

The building boom has expanded now to the S Campus for the new Nursing School as enrollment is expected to materially expand. New buildings are projected for several Schools including Music.
08-08-2015 04:15 PM
TruthBomb Offline
Banned

I Root For: UofM
The CA has realized Tiger football peaks interest.

The CA still realizes the state of tiger basketball provides huge readership.

Expect stories to stir emotion
08-08-2015 09:40 PM
Advertisement

TIGERBANDIT Offline
Banned

I Root For:
With online courses, all of these "Major Universities" are going to have ghost campuses ....................

If you are a student (at any college) and you walk on a campus, you are a fool.

The only building that a college campus will need is a football stadium or (in some instances) a men's basketball stadium
08-08-2015 11:41 PM
cp44fla Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Fresca
(08-08-2015 11:41 PM)TIGERBANDIT Wrote:  With online courses, all of these "Major Universities" are going to have ghost campuses ....................

The only building that a college campus will need is a football stadium or (in some instances) a men's basketball stadium

Is that where they use a football bat?
08-10-2015 11:28 PM
MileHighTiger Offline
Banned

I Root For: Beer
(08-08-2015 08:09 AM)DallasTiger Wrote:  I visited Memphis recently and one observation.....enrollment since 1968 has not increased that much but.....the size of the campus seems to have more than doubled what it was when I went there in terms of number and size of buildings and the total footprint of the university and land use. Is that expansion and building growth all tax payer money or was a lot of it donated?

FedEx made a significant contribution to the technology center. Mike Rose did the same to the concert hall/theater. McWherter with the Library.

The Admin Building and University Center were much needed improvements and would qualify for necessary public funds.
08-11-2015 05:58 AM
Advertisement

MileHighTiger Offline
Banned

I Root For: Beer
(08-08-2015 11:41 PM)TIGERBANDIT Wrote:  With online courses, all of these "Major Universities" are going to have ghost campuses ....................

Some people actually like to be around other people. I know that's shockibg to some of the keyboard Cowboys around here. College is as much about networking and learning how to communicate as it is getting a diploma.
08-11-2015 06:00 AM
Oceana Tiger Offline
All American

^ yeah... Males like to see females in person
08-11-2015 06:45 AM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-07-2015 07:53 PM)NDTiger Wrote:  The coverage by the CA for the last 2 weeks has been solid. Can't wait to see what else is in store. Still would like to see a series of articles around the University's strategy for growth tied to actions/results: academic rankings, brick and mortar, community outreach, athletics, partners with business sector. It would be great to inserts as the vision as well as the road map to achieve it and within what timeline. The success of the University has a MAJOR impact on the city of Memphis. A potential P5 inclusion would catapult both the city/university. Our futures are tied.

... and so I'd love to see the CA become an advocate for the University's inclusion in the P5. Much like the Orlando paper does for UCF. Nevertheless --- the CA Memphis football coverage in this preseason is the best I can recall.
08-11-2015 08:49 AM
Advertisement

Alcibides Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tiges/Grizz
Winning cures all ills.
08-11-2015 08:58 AM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-11-2015 08:49 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  
(08-07-2015 07:53 PM)NDTiger Wrote:  The coverage by the CA for the last 2 weeks has been solid. Can't wait to see what else is in store. Still would like to see a series of articles around the University's strategy for growth tied to actions/results: academic rankings, brick and mortar, community outreach, athletics, partners with business sector. It would be great to inserts as the vision as well as the road map to achieve it and within what timeline. The success of the University has a MAJOR impact on the city of Memphis. A potential P5 inclusion would catapult both the city/university. Our futures are tied.

... and so I'd love to see the CA become an advocate for the University's inclusion in the P5. Much like the Orlando paper does for UCF. Nevertheless --- the CA Memphis football coverage in this preseason is the best I can recall.

Of course with the CA's stuff behind a pay wall --- probably better if someone like Martin would do it.
08-11-2015 09:03 AM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
(08-11-2015 09:03 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  

Of course with the CA's stuff behind a pay wall --- probably better if someone like Martin would do it.

Sometimes you get what you pay for. I think a CA online subscription costs about 17 pennies per day. Well worth it.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2015 10:55 AM by 3601.)
08-11-2015 10:54 AM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-11-2015 10:54 AM)3601 Wrote:  
(08-11-2015 09:03 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  

Sometimes you get what you pay for. I think a CA online subscription costs about 17 pennies per day. Well worth it.

Yet if you want your message to travel much outside of the Memphis area - a problem.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2015 11:06 AM by TIGERCITY.)
08-11-2015 11:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.