Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Nonconference home schedule
Bookmark and Share
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
Not a whole lot there. Northern Arizona is nice, but I'll be out of town Christmas week. So I get 2 nonDI's and a school that is DI in name only. Will be a "good" excuse for some not to buy season tickets, but they wouldn't have bought them anyway. Regardless, the conference games should be great and playing UCA should be fun. Maybe, we'll get DePaul back here next year, although my guess is it's a money game. I know we were looking to start some home and homes, but didn't get any unless DePaul was willing to do that. I'm sure Texas Tech is a money game, Tulsa is a return game, and the other games are part of a tournament. New staff learned the hard way that scheduling at Little Rock is not easy.
08-07-2015 08:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RBL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Little Rock
RE: Nonconference home schedule
Well if they can start winning like Foley that would change. He no longer has trouble getting good teams to come
08-07-2015 09:15 AM
Mr. Basketball Offline
2nd String

I Root For: LR/Ga Southern
(08-07-2015 09:15 AM)RBL Wrote:  Well if they can start winning like Foley that would change. He no longer has trouble getting good teams to come

Gripe, gripe, gripe..........can't you people be happy with anything...????????? 01-wingedeagle01-wingedeagle01-wingedeagle01-wingedeagle
08-07-2015 09:19 AM
RBL Offline
Heisman

(08-07-2015 09:19 AM)Mr. Basketball Wrote:  
(08-07-2015 09:15 AM)RBL Wrote:  Well if they can start winning like Foley that would change. He no longer has trouble getting good teams to come

Gripe, gripe, gripe..........can't you people be happy with anything...????????? 01-wingedeagle01-wingedeagle01-wingedeagle01-wingedeagle

Look who's talking. While the home non conference schedule is lacking I feel the road non conference is very good. Need to win some of those road games and the home schedule will improve next year. I really like the overall schedule and am looking forward to home games and road trips and watch parties.
08-07-2015 09:30 AM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-07-2015 09:30 AM)RBL Wrote:  

Look who's talking. While the home non conference schedule is lacking I feel the road non conference is very good. Need to win some of those road games and the home schedule will improve next year. I really like the overall schedule and am looking forward to home games and road trips and watch parties.

Hope you are right. What we have been told, for years, is that quality teams won't play us when they believe we are going to be "good". Don't want to risk losing to a "no name" team. Maybe if we get to be very good that could change, since it won't hurt their RPI. Hopefully, we will find out in the next few years. I think, at this point, we all believe Coach Beard can get it done.
08-07-2015 10:27 AM
RBL Offline
Heisman

Get the RPI up and they will come. Just ask Foley
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2015 11:21 AM by RBL.)
08-07-2015 11:19 AM
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

I will be happy when I see an on the floor product that wins games and gives me hope of winning ncaa games. I demand one that wins the conference.

No excuses mr beard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
08-07-2015 12:55 PM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-07-2015 11:19 AM)RBL Wrote:  Get the RPI up and they will come. Just ask Foley

I really think women's basketball is a different animal. I doubt we would ever get Texas, Texas A & M, or LSU's men's team to come here. Couldn't pay them enough, and they would never do a straight home and home.
08-07-2015 12:56 PM
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

(08-07-2015 10:27 AM)mjs Wrote:  
(08-07-2015 09:30 AM)RBL Wrote:  

Hope you are right. What we have been told, for years, is that quality teams won't play us when they believe we are going to be "good". Don't want to risk losing to a "no name" team. Maybe if we get to be very good that could change, since it won't hurt their RPI. Hopefully, we will find out in the next few years. I think, at this point, we all believe Coach Beard can get it done.

We just need other like d1 schools to play us.

We have money issues and I assume the schedule reflects the money issues.

08-07-2015 12:57 PM
DollarBill Offline
1st String

I Root For: Trojans
To me, the OOC Home Game Schedule is not much to get excited about and probably very little to help ticket sales. But with new coaching staff and new players, we have to give them some slack for a year at least. I keep hearing about the "money issue". If that is truly a problem, I would be in favor of a lot of "money games" until that situation improves. Seems to me ULM is doing the right thing with such as Kent State, Minnesota, Houston, Penn State and W.Virginia. All except Kent State sound like "money games" to me.
08-08-2015 04:42 PM
Advertisement

LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(08-07-2015 12:55 PM)insideualr Wrote:  

I will be happy when I see an on the floor product that wins games and gives me hope of winning ncaa games. I demand one that wins the conference.

No excuses mr beard.

Does he get 12 years to get the job done? I'll give him five years.
08-08-2015 05:08 PM
eh9198 Offline
All American

Well if money is a concern, the fact that the largest freshman class in school history starts today will come as welcome news.
08-10-2015 08:00 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-10-2015 08:00 AM)eh9198 Wrote:  Well if money is a concern, the fact that the largest freshman class in school history starts today will come as welcome news.

How did you get that info? Classes start next week. If true, that would be great news.
08-10-2015 10:06 AM
eh9198 Offline
All American

Was on the news this morning. I was happily surprised.
08-10-2015 10:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.