Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

The Bridgestone at Historic ...... Firestone
Bookmark and Share
TIGERBANDIT Offline
Banned

I Root For:
The Bridgestone at Historic ...... Firestone
What a great week we have in store for us at the Bridgestone at historic Firestone.

Even though two of the biggest names in the sport will not be in the field (Big Cat because of his lack of form which means the 6-time champ isn't even qualified, and the Little Swoosh because of his foot issues) we still should have quite a tournament this week.

I guess Jordan Spieth should be the betting favorite this week, but I have a hunch that this week may belong to Sergio Garcia.

Also, look for FedEx St. Jude Classic Champion Fabian Gomez to have his best start since winning his maiden victory in Memphis.....

Perhaps Phil Mickelson could contend as well.

On Little Swoosh, there seems to be some question on whether or not he is planning on practicing at Whistleing Straights... My hunch is that Rory wants to play but the injury from the kickabout will prevent

---------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in Reno Taho, Former U.S. Open Champion Geoff Ogilivy looks to defend his title at the alternate field event that uses the Modified Stableford Scoring System ... This may be John Daly's best bet to have a great week since the bogeys don't count as badly on his card...

Speaking of Daly, did any of you see where he said he wants to be the Ryder Cup Captain? I personally would love to see it. I think Big John would be a great captain and probably would be just what the Stars and Stripes need to play well at the biannual event.

-----------------------------------------------------

On the ladies side, it appears I mispoke about Imbee Park winning the career Grand Slam in a previous thread. Apparently, her victory at the Evian Masters in Le France didn't count because it was before they added the Evain as the Tour's Fifth Major.... Thoughts on this subject or clarifications are welcome

-----------------------------------------------

Enjoy the week of golf, my friends
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2015 08:07 PM by TIGERBANDIT.)
08-05-2015 08:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ksigtigerdood Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
RE: The Bridgestone at Historic ...... Firestone
Tigerbandit... You play Fantasy Golf? If not, you should check it out. It's pretty awesome.

Big tourney this week. Looking forward to it.
08-06-2015 12:25 PM
TIGERBANDIT Offline
Banned

I Root For:
No, I don't play Fantasy Golf. I have tried it, but whenever I play fantasy sports I lose interest after a few weeks.

Looks like this may be Little Ricky's week. He shot 4-under in his opening round.

Will he win the week before a major like he did at the Scottish Open a few weeks ago?????

I take what I said back about Fabien Gomez. He shot 5-over par....
08-06-2015 01:29 PM
Advertisement

TIGERBANDIT Offline
Banned

I Root For:
First round Update....

New Zealand's Danny Lee leads by a shot at the end of round one of the Bridgestone at Historic Firestone.

Lee, who captured his maiden victory a few weeks back at The Greenbrier, looks like he will be a solid player on the Tour for years to come.

At 5-under par, Lee is one shot clear of both Jim Furyk and Graham "Don't Call me Odibe" McDowell.

Rickey Fowler is at 3-under and a host of great names are just a shot or two back.

While the tournament still appears to be wide open, one man who won't take home the trophy this week in Akron will be Phil Mickelson. Mickelson made a triple bogey early on and never got on track in shooting 6-over par.

My pretournament pick Sergio Garcia shot 1 over so he probably won't win.

--------------------------------------------------------------

In Reno at the Barracuda Championship, youngster Patrick Rodgers leads the way with 16 points with just about all of the first round complete(Again this tournament is using the Modified Stableford Scoring System).

Cajun David Toms, hoping for his 14th victory on the Tour, is right near the top with 13 points.

And in honor of this tournament, here are some lyrics from one of my favorite Heart Songs ....................... Oooo, Barracuda, oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this ain't the end, I saw you again, today
I had to turn my heart away
Smiled like the sun, kisses for everyone
And tales, it never fails

You lying so low in the weeds
I bet you gonna ambush me
You'd have me down, down, down on my knees
Now wouldn't you, Barracuda? Oh

Back over time we were all trying for free
You met the porpoise and me
No right, no wrong you're selling a song, a name
Whisper game

If the real thing don't do the trick
You better make up something quick
You gonna burn, burn, burn, burn, burn to the wick
Oooo, Barracuda, oh yeah

"Sell me, sell you" the porpoise said
Dive down deep to save my head
You, I think you got the blues too

All that night and all the next
Swam without looking back
Made for the western pools, silly, silly fools

If the real thing don't do the trick, no
You better make up something quick
You gonna burn, burn, burn, burn, burn it to the wick
Oooo, Barra-Barracuda
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2015 07:38 PM by TIGERBANDIT.)
08-06-2015 07:37 PM
TIGERBANDIT Offline
Banned

I Root For:
And Jim Furyk takes command of the Bridgestone at 8-under par......

Furyk almost won this event a few years back, but missed a short putt on the last hole to hand the title over to Keegan Bradley.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Alert:::::::::::::::::::::::::

Rory McIlroy says he will play in the PGA Championship next week.
08-07-2015 03:47 PM
Advertisement

TIGERBANDIT Offline
Banned

I Root For:
And going into Sunday's final round, Justin Rose and Jim Furyk share the lead at 9-under par.

I guess you would have to put your money on Rose winning this thing. Furyk and Rose seem about the exact same player (they both hit it straight as an arrow and they both have won U.S. Opens) but Rose is about 10 years younger and has far less scar tissue. But Furyk did get the proverbial monkey off his back with his victory at Hilton Head earlier this year..... still if there is a 7-foot putt to win, I think Rose will drain it........

Bubba is also lurking at the Bridgestone at Historic Firestone.....................................
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2015 05:59 PM by TIGERBANDIT.)
08-08-2015 05:58 PM
TIGERBANDIT Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Have any of you been watching the Baraccuda Championship??????????

What do you think about what happened to Andres Romero............................................ ............................ Out of frustration Romero punched the sign after the 15th hole, and then broke his hand or something............

But then he tried to keep playing because this tournament is using the Modified Stableford Scoring System ................ All he did was putt he ball on the last three tee shots, and then pick up without completing the hole, knowing that the worst score he could get was a -3 for a double bogey or worse .........................

Frank Nobilo wasn't happy with, but apparently it is within the rules ..................................
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2015 11:17 PM by TIGERBANDIT.)
08-08-2015 11:16 PM
Advertisement

TIGERBANDIT Offline
Banned

I Root For:
And Congratulations to Irishman Shane Lowry who conquered them all at the Bridgestone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This tournament will be remembered for the two great shots on 10 and 18 that Lowry made to get out of trouble from behind the trees. Lowry made birdies on both of these holes to win at 11-under. Bubba finished alone in second at 9-under. Both Furyk and Rose must be somewhat disappointed in their final round play.
08-09-2015 05:09 PM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(08-09-2015 05:09 PM)TIGERBANDIT Wrote:  And Congratulations to Irishman Shane Lowry who conquered them all at the Bridgestone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This tournament will be remembered for the two great shots on 10 and 18 that Lowry made to get out of trouble from behind the trees. Lowry made birdies on both of these holes to win at 11-under. Bubba finished alone in second at 9-under. Both Furyk and Rose must be somewhat disappointed in their final round play.

Those were insane saves he made on those two shots.
08-11-2015 12:33 PM
TIGERBANDIT Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Those were great saves indeed.

And for book keeping purposes, J.J. Henry wins in a playoff at the Barracua!

Henry sank a putt from off the green to win his first tournament since 2012, which incidentally, also came at Reno.
08-11-2015 05:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.