Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rice bus to the Baylor game -- OFFICIAL ITINERARY
georgewebb Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice!
The Parliament AwardsDonators
Rice bus to the Baylor game -- OFFICIAL ITINERARY
As mentioned in the "Football Season Ticket Push" thread, Athletics is considering a bus trip for Rice fans to the Baylor game. Right now, the number of people committed is about half the number needed for the trip to "make" -- and we need to close the gap quickly in order to pull the trigger.

The game is Sat Sept 26th. With a 2:00 pm kickoff, the Rice pre-game party, and Baylor's excellent new stadium, it really shapes up to be a perfect day trip.

If you want to make this trip, please let the Ticket Office know THIS WEEK (preferably TODAY or TOMORROW).

No need to reply to this thread:
- If you're interested, ACT!
- If you've got questions about it, talk to the Ticket Office. They can give you better information than anyone on this thread can.
- If you're not interested in the trip, no need to share your particular reasons for not being interested.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2015 12:39 PM by georgewebb.)
08-03-2015 12:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Converted Rice Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rice/Baylor
RE: Rice bus to the Baylor game -- act quickly!
The new stadium really is beautiful and the game day atmosphere is light years ahead of where is used to be. Hope you come and are treated well.
08-03-2015 05:28 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
My problem with the bus is that I'm already an hour up the road toward Waco.

Plus we may be playing in Ruggerfest at Nacogdoches that day, although I think we are going to pass on that one and play in the St. Edwards tournament in Austin the following week.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2015 09:08 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
08-03-2015 09:06 PM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
(08-03-2015 05:28 PM)Converted Rice Wrote:  The new stadium really is beautiful and the game day atmosphere is light years ahead of where is used to be. Hope you come and are treated well.

I really hope to make it there... it will depend on our kids activities...
08-04-2015 05:12 PM
georgewebb Offline
Heisman

Come on, folks -- let's make this happen!
We only need a dozen+ more people -- which is just a handful of families/buds/etc.

Here's a Facebook post that you can share:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...=1&theater

If you live in Houston, you're going to the game, and spending time with other Rice fans is something you like, then this is the thing to do. Who knows, you might make some new friends while you're at it :)
08-13-2015 06:59 PM
Da.Owl Offline
Rs.for.Cars@gmail.com

I Root For: The Rice Owls

Folding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsNew Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(08-13-2015 06:59 PM)georgewebb Wrote:  Come on, folks -- let's make this happen!
We only need a dozen+ more people -- which is just a handful of families/buds/etc.

Here's a Facebook post that you can share:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...=1&theater

If you live in Houston, you're going to the game, and spending time with other Rice fans is something you like, then this is the thing to do. Who knows, you might make some new friends while you're at it :)

If the young lady would return a phone call, arrangements might be made. 03-banghead Guess I should call Shu.
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2015 06:09 AM by Da.Owl.)
08-14-2015 06:08 AM
Advertisement

OWLmanz Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: OWLS & TEXANS
04-jawdrop Gonna be DAMN HOT at 2pm on Sept. 26! I am "sun intolerant" and couldn't possibly stand the heat and blistering sun. Will just wait for the TEXANS air-conditioned comfort and HRS guaranteed shade. Enjoy! 01-wingedeagle 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2015 08:01 AM by OWLmanz.)
08-14-2015 08:00 AM
Afflicted Offline
Banned

I Root For: Rice and UH
This is a really big deal. If this bus trip goes well, Rice might be willing to organize more of these in the future. This has needed to happen for a long time. I wish I could go. How many are needed to make this profitable? How much are they asking for the ride?
08-14-2015 08:09 AM
georgewebb Offline
Heisman

(08-14-2015 08:09 AM)Afflicted Wrote:  This is a really big deal. If this bus trip goes well, Rice might be willing to organize more of these in the future. This has needed to happen for a long time.
Exactly! Conversely, if this doesn't "make" -- with the perfect start time, perfect travel distance, attractive stadium, well-known opponent, and so on -- then the chance of similar offerings in the future is essentially zero (and rightfully so).

(08-14-2015 08:09 AM)Afflicted Wrote:  I wish I could go. How many are needed to make this profitable? How much are they asking for the ride?
The Ticket Office can answer those questions. One way to help might be to purchase a couple of spots which could then be offered to students.

Thanks for your interest!
08-14-2015 10:43 AM
Afflicted Offline
Banned

Rice needs a couple of it's own buses, just for fans who want to travel with the team. If Rice can get $30 million to build an endzone facility, I'd think they could raise about $150,000 to buy a couple of really nice buses. This way they wouldn't have to worry about losing any money if not enough people sign up. Besides, it's always more fun when fans can travel together to road games. It could be something that builds a lot of school spirit. It's fun! We don't have much of a presence on the road. That needs to change.
08-14-2015 10:59 AM
cr11owl Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice
(08-14-2015 10:59 AM)Afflicted Wrote:  Rice needs a couple of it's own buses, just for fans who want to travel with the team. If Rice can get $30 million to build an endzone facility, I'd think they could raise about $150,000 to buy a couple of really nice buses. This way they wouldn't have to worry about losing any money if not enough people sign up. Besides, it's always more fun when fans can travel together to road games. It could be something that builds a lot of school spirit. It's fun! We don't have much of a presence on the road. That needs to change.

I think you're underestimating how much a "couple of really nice buses" cost and the demand to travel at a set time to these games. Leasing it for the appropriate trips seems like the best course for now. Let's focus on spending money to grow our home attendance.
08-14-2015 11:54 AM
Advertisement

georgewebb Offline
Heisman

(08-03-2015 12:24 PM)georgewebb Wrote:  As mentioned in the "Football Season Ticket Push" thread, Athletics is considering a bus trip for Rice fans to the Baylor game. Right now, the number of people committed is about half the number needed for the trip to "make" -- and we need to close the gap quickly in order to pull the trigger.

The game is Sat Sept 26th. With a 2:00 pm kickoff, the Rice pre-game party, and Baylor's excellent new stadium, it really shapes up to be a perfect day trip.

If you want to make this trip, please let the Ticket Office know THIS WEEK (preferably TODAY or TOMORROW).

- If you've got questions about it, talk to the Ticket Office. They can give you better information than anyone on this thread can.
- If you're not interested in the trip, no need to share your particular reasons for not being interested.

Bump!
08-14-2015 12:20 PM
Da.Owl Offline
Rs.for.Cars@gmail.com

I Root For: The Rice Owls

Folding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsNew Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(08-14-2015 12:20 PM)georgewebb Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 12:24 PM)georgewebb Wrote:  As mentioned in the "Football Season Ticket Push" thread, Athletics is considering a bus trip for Rice fans to the Baylor game. Right now, the number of people committed is about half the number needed for the trip to "make" -- and we need to close the gap quickly in order to pull the trigger.

Bump!

Tori is on jury duty so phone calls to her office phone aren't answered. If you want info or to add yourself to the list call Stephen or Shu in the ticket office. You will be helped.
08-14-2015 12:43 PM
Afflicted Offline
Banned

(08-14-2015 11:54 AM)cr11owl Wrote:  
(08-14-2015 10:59 AM)Afflicted Wrote:  Rice needs a couple of it's own buses, just for fans who want to travel with the team. If Rice can get $30 million to build an endzone facility, I'd think they could raise about $150,000 to buy a couple of really nice buses. This way they wouldn't have to worry about losing any money if not enough people sign up. Besides, it's always more fun when fans can travel together to road games. It could be something that builds a lot of school spirit. It's fun! We don't have much of a presence on the road. That needs to change.

I think you're underestimating how much a "couple of really nice buses" cost and the demand to travel at a set time to these games. Leasing it for the appropriate trips seems like the best course for now. Let's focus on spending money to grow our home attendance.

Maybe so. I have no idea how much those things cost, but it would be nice.
08-14-2015 01:27 PM
CrabCake Away
2nd String

I Root For: Underdogs
(08-14-2015 11:54 AM)cr11owl Wrote:  

I don't think Rice can afford to just focus spending in one area to grow our fan base. Afflicted is correct in saying that Rice's road presence is minimal.

Think of it this way - if Rice is not able to organize one bus to travel to, as George describes, a near perfect game-day experience, then how can we convince the NCAA that we are the team they should select for an appealing bowl match-up. And, yes, how well teams travel is a factor when issuing bowl invitations, especially given the financial impact of such decisions.

We all want the same thing for Rice - to increase our lot so that we are invited to join a P5 conference. But, how quickly are we going to get there if we are scrambling to fill one bus (to support our football team coming off some impressive play these past few seasons) when P5 teams (some of which are not much large than us) can fill several buses or entire planes to travel to games?
08-14-2015 01:31 PM
Afflicted Offline
Banned

I think every tiny variable adds up. It all matters. Being that we are in the midst of a major stadium renovation, I can concede that purchasing buses may not be at the top of the agenda. I only hope that something like this can be seriously considered when the time is right. It would go a long way in building school spirit and relationships among fans.
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2015 01:38 PM by Afflicted.)
08-14-2015 01:38 PM
Advertisement

georgewebb Offline
Heisman

C'mon, folks -- let's make this happen!
Heck, if you're not interested for your own sake, buy a couple of seats that can be offered to students.

As others have mentioned: if we can't do it for THIS game, we can't do it ever.
08-17-2015 09:29 AM
OWLmanz Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: OWLS & TEXANS
01-wingedeagle Or you can come to the TEXANS / BUCS game at convenient, AIR CONDITIONED HNRG on the 27th for ONLY $180 per seat for two aisle, lower level end-zone seats with Purple Parking included and enjoy quality pro football and COLD BEER in comfort! 03-cloud9 PM me for SPECIAL Owl pricing details........... 02-13-banana
08-17-2015 11:11 AM
chrisc Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Rice
(08-17-2015 11:11 AM)OWLmanz Wrote:  01-wingedeagle Or you can come to the TEXANS / BUCS game

It's not an either-or scenario. You can do both. The bus to Waco will return the evening of the 26th.
08-17-2015 12:29 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
Rice bus to the Baylor game -- act quickly!
You said "quality pro football", you sure you got the right address for that??!! :) :)

"HNRG" (snicker) 03-wink

(08-17-2015 11:11 AM)OWLmanz Wrote:  01-wingedeagle Or you can come to the TEXANS / BUCS game at convenient, AIR CONDITIONED HNRG on the 27th for ONLY $180 per seat for two aisle, lower level end-zone seats with Purple Parking included and enjoy quality pro football and COLD BEER in comfort! 03-cloud9 PM me for SPECIAL Owl pricing details........... 02-13-banana
08-18-2015 08:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.