Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Quick N' Loans National (Is the Big Cat finally BACK???)
Bookmark and Share
TIGERBANDIT Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Quick N' Loans National (Is the Big Cat finally BACK???)
Looks like we've got another exiting week in store for us on the PGA Tour.

Tiger Woods is just one shot back after his second round of action Friday morning outside of the D.C. area.

T Dubs started on Thursday with 3 bogeys, but has made his all the way to near the top of the board, however, since half the field hasn't even started yet, he could be four or five shots back at days end.

Never been much of a Big Cat fan but if he's in the hunt late Sunday grab some popcorn. Jack's 18 majors seem years away, if ever, but he's just a few short wins away from breaking the all-time mark of wins on the PGA Tour set by Slammin' Sammy.

Right now Woods is at 8 under, while David Lingmerth sits alone at 9-under. Britain's Greg Owen, Chucky Three Sticks, Pat Perez and Walker are all tied at 8. Young Ollie Scnierderjans (what a name) may be the second best story of the week if he can get himself in the hunt late Sunday.

Those watching Friday afternoon will get a chance to see if the orange-clad Little Ricky can pull off some more heroics like he did yesterday with his walk-off hole-in-one on the 18th hole. Fowler shot 4-under on Thursday.

But if you are betting men, the odds-on-favorite is probably Justin Rose who always seems to be in the hunt at this tournament which is played annually in the Greater D.C. area, save the one year when Rose won in Aronomik which is near Philly, I believe. This year the tournament stops in Mannassas at the Robert Trent Jones course. Will the play be as slow as Manassas in July?????heheh
Not sure if this is it's new permanent home because the club members at Congressional may have decided they would rather have their course open to play.

What I do remember at this week's course is Freddie Couples hitting it close on 18 from long distance in 1994 to give the USA the win at the first President's Cup. Man those were the days!

-------------------------------------------------------------

On the Ladies tour, there is yet another major being played this week as the ladies stop at Trump Turnberry for the Richo's British Open. (Do the women have five or six majors now??? I've lost count)
Right now Sweden's Suzanne Petterson sits atop the board at -7 under par with a host of Asian players, including young New Zealand sensation Lydi Ko, just one shot back. Christie Kerr is the top American at -1.

As for the Trumpster, The Donald stole the show flying into Scotland yesterday on his private helicopter to see the golf which is being played on the course he owns.

Some complained that Trump took away from the tournament, but I will give him a pass on this one --- he does own the golf course, ..... after all .... The Donald may be a media whore, but the media are willing to pay for his services ..... but enough politics

------------------------------------------------------------------
Also in Scotland, a bunch of journeymen Euros are competing in the Paul Lawrie matchplay event. Hard to believe someone as unheralded as Mr. Lawrie, no offense, has his own tournament....but I guess in Scotland they remember him more than Mr. Van De Velde, who, as we all know, should have won that Open at Carnoustie many years ago.

America's Peter Uhlein is still alive in the Matchplay tournament, I believe, while Big John Daly is out with nothing but a nice little paycheck me thinks and some hope for catching lightning in the bottle one last time at the PGA Championship at Whistleing Straight in two weeks...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Seniors are in the 3M Championship in Minnesota this week.

Langer looks like the obvious choice here if any of you are playing Senior Fantasy Golf .... if there is such a thing

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Little Swoosh, still recovering from his ankle injury from his kickabout, has pulled out of next week's Bridgestone event at historic Firestone. Not looking good for him to even try to defend his PGA Championship, but you never know...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, the PGA 2015-2016 schedule has been announced. And those in the PGA Tour headquarters in Florida really had to shuffle the tournaments around in order to make room for the Olympics next year.

I have never really been a fan of golf at the Olympics for reasons like this. Next year's PGA Championship will be played just two weeks after the British Open. I love major championship golf, and anything that takes away from it, I am against. On a larger point, I just think that the Olympics should be reserved for only a handful of sports like Track and Field and Swimming. I guess it's not a new thought to think that there are too many events in the Olympics.

On that note, Would love to see Jordan Spieth skip the Olympics next year -- since he will likely be one of the top 4 Americans eligible to compete -- in order to defend his title at the John Deere which is being played at the same time. But that ain't happening, of course.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2015 01:20 PM by TIGERBANDIT.)
07-31-2015 01:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
RE: Quick N' Loans National (Is the Big Cat finally BACK???)
I've been watching golf my entire life and I've never heard of Tiger Woods referred to as the Big Cat.

Johnny Mize? Yes.
Andres Gallerraga? Yes.
Tiger Woods? No.
07-31-2015 01:14 PM
TIGERBANDIT Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Steve Elkington calls him The Big Cat.

I think it's a cool name.
07-31-2015 01:22 PM
southpaw1 Offline
Southpaw

I Root For: Dry Trails
(07-31-2015 01:14 PM)3601 Wrote:  I've been watching golf my entire life and I've never heard of Tiger Woods referred to as the Big Cat.

Johnny Mize? Yes.
Andres Gallerraga? Yes.
Tiger Woods? No.

Don't forget the original big cat, Ronnie Robinson.
07-31-2015 01:27 PM
TIGERBANDIT Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Would you prefer I call him Cheetah Woods...

Oh, I made a mistake this should be in the NTR thread, of course
07-31-2015 01:27 PM
madtiger Offline
Hoops Hater, Shill, and Pro Boot Licker

I Root For: Memphis
TAE WOO ONE TIME
07-31-2015 02:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
(07-31-2015 01:27 PM)southpaw1 Wrote:  
(07-31-2015 01:14 PM)3601 Wrote:  I've been watching golf my entire life and I've never heard of Tiger Woods referred to as the Big Cat.

Johnny Mize? Yes.
Andres Gallerraga? Yes.
Tiger Woods? No.

I knew I was forgetting another one. That being said, I think Johnny Mize had RR beat by a few decades.
07-31-2015 02:11 PM
southpaw1 Offline
Southpaw

I Root For: Dry Trails
(07-31-2015 02:11 PM)3601 Wrote:  
(07-31-2015 01:27 PM)southpaw1 Wrote:  

Johnny Mize? Yes.
Andres Gallerraga? Yes.
Tiger Woods? No.

I knew I was forgetting another one. That being said, I think Johnny Mize had RR beat by a few decades.

Only if you're going chronologically.
07-31-2015 02:19 PM
TIGER7880 Offline
Wahoowa Mourning Society

I Root For: Free Beer
Damnit, I can't say NTR.
07-31-2015 03:26 PM
MemphisFan95 Offline
Coach A

I Root For: Memphis
No he is not back he has done this for a while now play some of the smaller tournaments have about 3 good rounds 1 average or bad round then show up at a major and be damn near dead last
07-31-2015 03:50 PM
TIGERBUDDY Offline
All American

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
(07-31-2015 01:06 PM)TIGERBANDIT Wrote:  Looks like we've got another exiting week in store for us on the PGA Tour.

Tiger Woods is just one shot back after his second round of action Friday morning outside of the D.C. area.

T Dubs started on Thursday with 3 bogeys, but has made his all the way to near the top of the board, however, since half the field hasn't even started yet, he could be four or five shots back at days end.

Never been much of a Big Cat fan but if he's in the hunt late Sunday grab some popcorn. Jack's 18 majors seem years away, if ever, but he's just a few short wins away from breaking the all-time mark of wins on the PGA Tour set by Slammin' Sammy.

Right now Woods is at 8 under, while David Lingmerth sits alone at 9-under. Britain's Greg Owen, Chucky Three Sticks, Pat Perez and Walker are all tied at 8. Young Ollie Scnierderjans (what a name) may be the second best story of the week if he can get himself in the hunt late Sunday.

Those watching Friday afternoon will get a chance to see if the orange-clad Little Ricky can pull off some more heroics like he did yesterday with his walk-off hole-in-one on the 18th hole. Fowler shot 4-under on Thursday.

But if you are betting men, the odds-on-favorite is probably Justin Rose who always seems to be in the hunt at this tournament which is played annually in the Greater D.C. area, save the one year when Rose won in Aronomik which is near Philly, I believe. This year the tournament stops in Mannassas at the Robert Trent Jones course. Will the play be as slow as Manassas in July?????heheh
Not sure if this is it's new permanent home because the club members at Congressional may have decided they would rather have their course open to play.

What I do remember at this week's course is Freddie Couples hitting it close on 18 from long distance in 1994 to give the USA the win at the first President's Cup. Man those were the days!

-------------------------------------------------------------

On the Ladies tour, there is yet another major being played this week as the ladies stop at Trump Turnberry for the Richo's British Open. (Do the women have five or six majors now??? I've lost count)
Right now Sweden's Suzanne Petterson sits atop the board at -7 under par with a host of Asian players, including young New Zealand sensation Lydi Ko, just one shot back. Christie Kerr is the top American at -1.

As for the Trumpster, The Donald stole the show flying into Scotland yesterday on his private helicopter to see the golf which is being played on the course he owns.

Some complained that Trump took away from the tournament, but I will give him a pass on this one --- he does own the golf course, ..... after all .... The Donald may be a media whore, but the media are willing to pay for his services ..... but enough politics

------------------------------------------------------------------
Also in Scotland, a bunch of journeymen Euros are competing in the Paul Lawrie matchplay event. Hard to believe someone as unheralded as Mr. Lawrie, no offense, has his own tournament....but I guess in Scotland they remember him more than Mr. Van De Velde, who, as we all know, should have won that Open at Carnoustie many years ago.

America's Peter Uhlein is still alive in the Matchplay tournament, I believe, while Big John Daly is out with nothing but a nice little paycheck me thinks and some hope for catching lightning in the bottle one last time at the PGA Championship at Whistleing Straight in two weeks...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Seniors are in the 3M Championship in Minnesota this week.

Langer looks like the obvious choice here if any of you are playing Senior Fantasy Golf .... if there is such a thing

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Little Swoosh, still recovering from his ankle injury from his kickabout, has pulled out of next week's Bridgestone event at historic Firestone. Not looking good for him to even try to defend his PGA Championship, but you never know...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, the PGA 2015-2016 schedule has been announced. And those in the PGA Tour headquarters in Florida really had to shuffle the tournaments around in order to make room for the Olympics next year.

I have never really been a fan of golf at the Olympics for reasons like this. Next year's PGA Championship will be played just two weeks after the British Open. I love major championship golf, and anything that takes away from it, I am against. On a larger point, I just think that the Olympics should be reserved for only a handful of sports like Track and Field and Swimming. I guess it's not a new thought to think that there are too many events in the Olympics.

On that note, Would love to see Jordan Spieth skip the Olympics next year -- since he will likely be one of the top 4 Americans eligible to compete -- in order to defend his title at the John Deere which is being played at the same time. But that ain't happening, of course.
03-zzz Things on the board are really really slow when we resort to this golf post and it is not even Tiger golf.
07-31-2015 04:22 PM
Advertisement

TIGERBANDIT Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Here's a second round update....

As I suspected Tiger Woods did drop a few shots back, but not too far back....... It looks like a ROSE will not bloom this week, so I was wrong about that one.

Ryo Ishikawa leads the tournament at -11 under.
Kevin Chappel is -10
Ricky Fowler is -10
Lingmerth is -9

Then we get to the -8 which includes the Big Cat

Tiger -8
Bohn -8
Meen-Whee -8
Danny Lee -8
Perez -8
Owen -8

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom Lehmen leads the 3M Championship at 8 under par in Minnesota on the Champions Tour, but Langer is lurking at -5.
07-31-2015 06:27 PM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
It's a weak field. A lot of the top players are taking off this week to play the Bridgestone and the PGA the next two weeks. Don't get overly excited
07-31-2015 10:03 PM
TIGERBANDIT Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Bluto,

I understand where you are coming from, but I don't think there is such a thing as a week field on the PGA Tour. If you aren't hitting your shots, you are going to miss the cut.

This is by far the best start the Big Cat has had in a while.

With that said, I agree that he still has a long road to go ....
07-31-2015 10:53 PM
TIGERBANDIT Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Here's an early Saturday morning update from the Women's British Open. Not an American to be found. * Note .... Most of these leaders are midway through the front nine on Saturday.

Ko, Jin Young -7

Lu, Teresa -6

Pettersen, Suzann -6

Ryu, So-Yeon -5

Ko, Lydia -4

Boulden, Amy (a) -3
08-01-2015 09:20 AM
TIGERBANDIT Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Third round update from Mannassas

Teeing off hours in front of the leaders John Merritt has taken the lead at 13-under as the conditions seem favorable for good scoring.

Little Ricky is about to tee off.

The Big Cat has saved par after the first two holes. Looks like he is going to need to activate his glutes quickly if wants to stay near the top ........
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2015 12:47 PM by TIGERBANDIT.)
08-01-2015 12:46 PM
Advertisement

TIGERBANDIT Offline
Banned

I Root For:
That's Troy Merritt at the top at -14.

Sorry had him confused with John Merrick.

Tiger is one-over for the day.
08-01-2015 02:21 PM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Who gives a **** anymore about Eldrick the cheater?
08-01-2015 02:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TallTiger Offline
All American

I Root For:
Right at the start of the CBS broadcast he was fading. The field (leaders) left him. He is the host of this tournament and refused to be interviewed at the end of the third round. Oh well....

At the start of his career, Tiger and his Dad promised he would play each tournament at least once...well, he hasn't come to the FESJC or about 3 or 4 others. Doubt he'll ever get here at this point. It will get by without him.
08-01-2015 06:05 PM
TIGERBANDIT Offline
Banned

I Root For:
You have some great points....

Looks like this is Rickys week......................

A ROSE may still bloom .....................
08-01-2015 07:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.