Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Should PP Receive Federal Funds?
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Should Planned Parenthood Receive Federal Funds?
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
Should Planned Parenthood Receive Federal Funds?
So, should they?

If Yes, then why?

If No, then why not?
07-29-2015 12:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
RE: Should Planned Parenthood Receive Federal Funds?
Of course, unless you're willing to pay for a new organization and the resources needed to provide the key health services it provides nationwide.
07-29-2015 12:54 PM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
No. Because they make a profit peddling organs from aborted babies.

1 - It's illegal to sell body parts.
2 - It's illegal to perform an abortion in a way that is intended to preserve vital organs.

They are despicable. Not only should they not receive funding, but they should be in prison.
07-29-2015 12:56 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

They don't make a profit from any of that, are you just ignorant of what occurred/what 'profiting' means or are you blatantly lying because you feel you have the moral imperative to do so? Honest question ECU.
07-29-2015 01:03 PM
Centdukesfan Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud
no,

if they want to be funded for their healthcare services, split the company to avoid conflicts of interest. I used to work for northrop grumman, and they split their business in two to avoid conflicts between their consulting and system development shops.
07-29-2015 01:03 PM
Centdukesfan Offline
All American

(07-29-2015 01:03 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  They don't make a profit from any of that, are you just ignorant of what occurred/what 'profiting' means or are you blatantly lying because you feel you have the moral imperative to do so? Honest question ECU.

give me an honest explanation of why the several people have been caught on video negotiating prices for baby tissue then?
07-29-2015 01:04 PM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
I voted yes, but I'm not opposed to a reduction in them.

If you take away the righteous and pompous emotion and talking points, PP does provide valuable services to the poor and needy outside of abortion, which is not government funded anyway.
07-29-2015 01:10 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

The videos showed they weren't negotiating prices, they were stating them. If you receive a kidney, you are charged for that due to the costs associated with acquiring that kidney. Same goes with blood or any other organs. Charging for something is not the same as profiting from their sales.
07-29-2015 01:10 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(07-29-2015 01:04 PM)Centdukesfan Wrote:  
(07-29-2015 01:03 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  They don't make a profit from any of that, are you just ignorant of what occurred/what 'profiting' means or are you blatantly lying because you feel you have the moral imperative to do so? Honest question ECU.

give me an honest explanation of why the several people have been caught on video negotiating prices for baby tissue then?

Because the tissue does not move from Point A to Point B for free.
07-29-2015 01:11 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
If a fetus is "Just Tissue" then Why is there a need to sell "tissue Parts" for another Fetus ? Because That "Tissue Fetus" Is a Human Being and These Pro Choice Advocates don't want People feeling guilty of ending a Human Life with an Abortion that the Clinic gets Paid Well for doing. Planned Parenthood failed when They wanted to not notify a Girls Parents of a pending Abortion. These Planned Parenthood people have become Cold and Callus money grubbing , greedy A'Holes in recent years.
07-29-2015 01:14 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

Card, you're speaking nonsense and nothing you said can be construed as a cogent argument.
07-29-2015 01:18 PM
Advertisement

CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
(07-29-2015 01:18 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  Card, you're speaking nonsense and nothing you said can be construed as a cogent argument.

That is Your Opinion , Whatever You Believe , I made My point on what I believe.
07-29-2015 01:20 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I have no problem with an organization receiving Federal money to provide services, like the mammograms and such, to poor communities.

I do have a problem with Federal money being intermingled with that being used to provide abortions. My objection is based on the fact that no US taxpayer that finds it morally objectionable should be forced to foot the bill.

And, I'm pretty pro-choice. An abortion may be a right but no right is entitled to direct government subsidy.
07-29-2015 01:22 PM
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
Planned Parenthood health centers focus on prevention: 80 percent of our clients receive services to prevent unintended pregnancy.

Planned Parenthood services help prevent approximately 516,000 unintended pregnancies each year.

Planned Parenthood provides nearly 400,000 Pap tests and nearly 500,000 breast exams each year, critical services in detecting cancer.

Planned Parenthood provides nearly 4.5 million tests and treatments for sexually transmitted infections, including 700,00 HIV tests.

Three percent of all Planned Parenthood health services are abortion services.

Planned Parenthood affiliates provide educational programs and outreach to 1.5 million young people and adults each year.
07-29-2015 01:23 PM
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
(07-29-2015 01:22 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  I have no problem with an organization receiving Federal money to provide services, like the mammograms and such, to poor communities.

I do have a problem with Federal money being intermingled with that being used to provide abortions. My objection is based on the fact that no US taxpayer that finds it morally objectionable should be forced to foot the bill.

And, I'm pretty pro-choice. An abortion may be a right but no right is entitled to direct government subsidy.

If that chain of logic is allowed to prevail then we shouldn't have a military, welfare, or tax exempt status for churches.

The govt IMO should be neutral on this issue morally and base the funding on one thing: Is society improved by funding these types of programs? It's hard to argue against that with PP.
07-29-2015 01:25 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-29-2015 01:25 PM)john01992 Wrote:  
(07-29-2015 01:22 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  I have no problem with an organization receiving Federal money to provide services, like the mammograms and such, to poor communities.

If that chain of logic is allowed to prevail then we shouldn't have a military, welfare, or tax exempt status for churches.

The govt IMO should be neutral on this issue morally and base the funding on one thing: Is society improved by funding these types of programs? It's hard to argue against that with PP.

Tax exempt status and direct subsidy are two separate things. Also, subsidizing government and private programs are two separate things. The chain of logic is not compromised.

Improving is a relative word. The government has no legitimate business providing money to a private organization based on one segment of society's opinion of it's value to society as a whole.
07-29-2015 01:28 PM
Advertisement

Centdukesfan Offline
All American

(07-29-2015 01:10 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  The videos showed they weren't negotiating prices, they were stating them. If you receive a kidney, you are charged for that due to the costs associated with acquiring that kidney. Same goes with blood or any other organs. Charging for something is not the same as profiting from their sales.

the second video released shows a clear negotiation of price by a regional director.
07-29-2015 01:35 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
This is one of many organizations that should not receive federal funds. Want to pretend you're a non-profit / charity? You don't get any of my money. Our gov't has gotten much too large and has their grimy hands on too many things that they have no business on.

Again.... ALL of that goes for A LOT of organizations on both sides of the political aisle.
07-29-2015 01:39 PM
Centdukesfan Offline
All American

planned parenthood doesnt offer mammograms, they dont have the equipment or expertise, they just refer women to other doctors for those types of services.
07-29-2015 01:42 PM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
No way.

And hell no to getting $560 million a year. That's just ludicrous no matter how you look at it.

TONS of other low-cost or free alternatives for women to receive their "health" coverage. There are also other ways to take out their resentment and self-hatred on the life they created by killing it. Other clinics. Probably ran by organizations who don't delve in the blatant savagery that the PP brass do.

More videos to come that will further expose these knuckle-dragging lunatics.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2015 02:02 PM by shiftyeagle.)
07-29-2015 02:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.