Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Elliot Williams signs with hornets
Bookmark and Share
holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Elliot Williams signs with hornets
Terms not disclosed. He's dangling as the 16th guy and has to beat someone out of a spot. But he put up 21 a game in d league last season, shot 47% from the field, 37% from three and 73% from the line. Here's hoping he can make it work!
07-28-2015 06:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Smith Offline
1st String

I Root For: memphis
RE: Elliot Williams signs with hornets
"Terms not disclosed. He's dangling as the 16th guy and has to beat someone out of a spot. But he put up 21 a game in d league last season, shot 47% from the field, 37% from three and 73% from the line. Here's hoping he can make it work!"

Let's hope so. He's one of those guys who got better under Pastner.
07-28-2015 07:29 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
Comeon, Elliot. Joo can do eet, mahn!
07-28-2015 07:35 PM
MemTiger90 Offline
All American

(07-28-2015 07:29 PM)Smith Wrote:  "Terms not disclosed. He's dangling as the 16th guy and has to beat someone out of a spot. But he put up 21 a game in d league last season, shot 47% from the field, 37% from three and 73% from the line. Here's hoping he can make it work!"

03-lmfao
07-28-2015 08:44 PM
450bench Offline

(07-28-2015 08:44 PM)MemTiger90 Wrote:  
(07-28-2015 07:29 PM)Smith Wrote:  "Terms not disclosed. He's dangling as the 16th guy and has to beat someone out of a spot. But he put up 21 a game in d league last season, shot 47% from the field, 37% from three and 73% from the line. Here's hoping he can make it work!"

03-lmfao

Geez. That is funny! 03-lmfao
07-28-2015 09:21 PM
Stammers Offline
Legend

03-lmfao

We have a bunch of sorry sad sack fans that are offended at the notion that a player that quadrupled his scoring, and quintupled his assist totals, while shooting higher field goal and free throw percentages, got better under Pastner. These same fans will argue until they are blue in the face that Tarik improved at Kansas.

Sad on so many levels.
07-28-2015 09:28 PM
Advertisement

450bench Offline

Gimme a break. The kid hardly played at Duke. When he came here he was immediately the best player on the team before the first practice. He played huge minutes here and took full advantage of it.
Good for him. The only thing Pastner did for the kid was play him. In truth, Elliott did more for Pastner than Pastner did for him.
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2015 09:58 PM by 450bench.)
07-28-2015 09:58 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

Elliot Williams is getting closer to his goal of making it to the NBA. I don't give a flying **** who the coach was when he wore a Memphis Tigers uni.

Get it, Elliot!
07-28-2015 10:24 PM
MemphisFan95 Offline
Coach A

(07-28-2015 09:58 PM)450bench Wrote:  Gimme a break. The kid hardly played at Duke. When he came here he was immediately the best player on the team before the first practice. He played huge minutes here and took full advantage of it.
Good for him. The only thing Pastner did for the kid was play him. In truth, Elliott did more for Pastner than Pastner did for him.

So you are saying that a very minor role player at Duke was instantly the best player on Pastner's first team here but I have seen you countless times trash Pastner for not winning more with that team. So your either saying Pastner saw something in Elliott that Coach K didn't or that roster wasn't near as good as you want everyone to believe.
07-28-2015 10:34 PM
450bench Offline

(07-28-2015 10:34 PM)MemphisFan95 Wrote:  
(07-28-2015 09:58 PM)450bench Wrote:  Gimme a break. The kid hardly played at Duke. When he came here he was immediately the best player on the team before the first practice. He played huge minutes here and took full advantage of it.

So you are saying that a very minor role player at Duke was instantly the best player on Pastner's first team here but I have seen you countless times trash Pastner for not winning more with that team. So your either saying Pastner saw something in Elliott that Coach K didn't or that roster wasn't near as good as you want everyone to believe.

You have never seen me say anything about pastner getting any more out of that team or winning more with that team because I never said anything about that team. I've said many things, negative things, deserved things, about pastner but none referring to that particular team.
My criticisms of this coach began when the Tarik situation took place. That permanently got me off the bandwagon of this coach.
So there you go.
07-28-2015 10:43 PM
Tgrrfan Offline
Which way is she turning?

I Root For: Memphis & ND
(07-28-2015 09:28 PM)Stammers Wrote:  

03-lmfao

We have a bunch of sorry sad sack fans that are offended at the notion that a player that quadrupled his scoring, and quintupled his assist totals, while shooting higher field goal and free throw percentages, got better under Pastner. These same fans will argue until they are blue in the face that Tarik improved at Kansas.

Sad on so many levels.

Hint: They aren't fans. I could tell you what they are, but they already know. 01-scout
07-28-2015 10:47 PM
Advertisement

21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS BY DAMN
That's great news!
07-28-2015 11:02 PM
Tigermaniac Offline
BBB Enthusiast

I Root For: Memphis/Army
(07-28-2015 10:47 PM)Tgrrfan Wrote:  

03-lmfao

Sad on so many levels.

Hint: They aren't fans. I could tell you what they are, but they already know. 01-scout

Elliot was the leader of this team that season. We were like 6 Scholarship players short and Elliot wanted to come here and he was eligible immediately due to the waiver. I believe his last 10 games or so at Duke the previous season he was an absolute stud. His stats did go up due to more minutes and having the ball in his hands more plain and simple. The guy was a great player.

I give credit to Josh and his staff for getting him eligible and working the system. Pastner is a MASTER at that. He's great at giving players 2nd chances and doing great things with those players morally. Everyone loves that side of him.

However, look at Elliot's stats game by game.

He was good from day one and maintained it throughout the season. He didn't get the Pastner work over for over a half season worth of "skill training" and magically get better...

If you wanna give Pastner credit for Elliot's skills go for it. none of it adds up other than the "more play time" comment. Realistically though, who was gonna play over him? *Crickets*

Elliot Williams is in the NBA and just signed a contract because of HIS hard work. He didn't get drafted last week. He has been working his butt off for a while to get this 2nd chance in the NBA and he's still got some work to do.

THIS has NOTHING to do with Pastner.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2015 02:54 AM by Tigermaniac.)
07-29-2015 02:52 AM
holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-29-2015 02:52 AM)Tigermaniac Wrote:  
(07-28-2015 10:47 PM)Tgrrfan Wrote:  

03-lmfao

Sad on so many levels.

Elliot was the leader of this team that season. We were like 6 Scholarship players short and Elliot wanted to come here and he was eligible immediately due to the waiver. I believe his last 10 games or so at Duke the previous season he was an absolute stud. His stats did go up due to more minutes and having the ball in his hands more plain and simple. The guy was a great player.

I give credit to Josh and his staff for getting him eligible and working the system. Pastner is a MASTER at that. He's great at giving players 2nd chances and doing great things with those players morally. Everyone loves that side of him.

However, look at Elliot's stats game by game.

He was good from day one and maintained it throughout the season. He didn't get the Pastner work over for over a half season worth of "skill training" and magically get better...

If you wanna give Pastner credit for Elliot's skills go for it. none of it adds up other than the "more play time" comment. Realistically though, who was gonna play over him? *Crickets*

Elliot Williams is in the NBA and just signed a contract because of HIS hard work. He didn't get drafted last week. He has been working his butt off for a while to get this 2nd chance in the NBA and he's still got some work to do.

THIS has NOTHING to do with Pastner.

It has something to do with Pastner in that he was the coach who "got him to the NBA". That's it. But as you point out, correctly, Williams was clearly the best player on the team from day one. I remember the beat writer (Jason?) tweeting as much after the first workout. Further, a short bench ensured Williams lots of minutes from the get-go. To his credit, Pastner didn't screw him up. To Williams' credit, he made the most of his situation.

And what might have been? If not for Williams' knee injuries, which might have been career-ending for many players, I think he'd be a solid roster player in the NBA, and not at the bottom of the food chain.

"Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'"
-John Greenleaf Whittier
07-29-2015 06:54 AM
gotigers1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers!
(07-28-2015 10:24 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  Elliot Williams is getting closer to his goal of making it to the NBA. I don't give a flying **** who the coach was when he wore a Memphis Tigers uni.

Get it, Elliot!

I second that!
07-29-2015 08:55 AM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

(07-28-2015 10:24 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  Elliot Williams is getting closer to his goal of making it to the NBA. I don't give a flying **** who the coach was when he wore a Memphis Tigers uni.

Get it, Elliot!

That knee injury his first year really messed him up. Hopefully he can not only make the team but contribute.
07-29-2015 09:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

macgar32 Offline
Legend

(07-28-2015 10:34 PM)MemphisFan95 Wrote:  

What did that Duke team do with essentially the same players the next year?

Didn't they win a championship?

Scheyer first team all American
Nolan Smith All ACC and All ACC defensive team scored 20 points a game

MAYBE duke just had better players in front of Elliot.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2015 09:28 AM by macgar32.)
07-29-2015 09:21 AM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

(07-29-2015 09:06 AM)mairving Wrote:  

Get it, Elliot!

That knee injury his first year really messed him up. Hopefully he can not only make the team but contribute.

That would be beyond awesome. Elliot fell from heaven, Pete Gillen would remark. 03-cloud9 And that year was one of the most fun BB fixes ever....at the Forum, watching Spoon's ball roll around and in for the win.

Scream Jump Scream Jump Scream Jump!

lol.
07-29-2015 04:11 PM
holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

I was sitting behind the goal on the bleachers. I was sure they were going to collapse from the jumping and screaming
07-29-2015 04:19 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

(07-29-2015 04:19 PM)holyterror Wrote:  I was sitting behind the goal on the bleachers. I was sure they were going to collapse from the jumping and screaming

I was down low just to the left of the basket. I got tickets early when I saw them go on sale and flew in with a friend.

There was a split second of watching the ball hang on the lip of the rim, almost roll out, to the left of me, but I just slapped that fricking ball back into the hoop, with every bit of neutral chi I had left at that point... No Fear. It would have altered the course of that ball. It was buckle in, get down chi time. 03-lmfao
That ball was going in.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2015 04:49 PM by snowtiger.)
07-29-2015 04:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.