Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Syracuse loses WR, gains Offense?
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
Syracuse loses WR, gains Offense?
Quote:Syracuse senior Ashton Broyld has been dismissed from the team for a violation of team rules, coach Scott Shafer announced Tuesday morning.

The move marks the end of an Orange career that never quite lived up to its high school billing.
http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/83...-from-team

Nonetheless,

Quote:Scott Shafer is pleased with his new OC's offensive scheme:
...perhaps this statement about what offensive coordinator Tim Lester is implementing stands out.

"You know I’m a defensive guy," Shafer said. "And even I’m scratching my head at how to defend this offense."
http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/83...ive-scheme

What do Orange fans think about all this?
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2015 01:06 PM by Hokie Mark.)
07-28-2015 01:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: Syracuse loses WR, gains Offense?
I'll let you know after the LSU game...

Broyld (dismissed player) was your classic 4 star knucklehead (Too much ego, too little common sense)

As for the defense thing...coach speak I hope. (<---really doubt it is revolutionary)
07-28-2015 01:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(07-28-2015 01:06 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
Quote:Syracuse senior Ashton Broyld has been dismissed from the team for a violation of team rules, coach Scott Shafer announced Tuesday morning.

The move marks the end of an Orange career that never quite lived up to its high school billing.
http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/83...-from-team

Nonetheless,

Quote:Scott Shafer is pleased with his new OC's offensive scheme:
...perhaps this statement about what offensive coordinator Tim Lester is implementing stands out.

"You know I’m a defensive guy," Shafer said. "And even I’m scratching my head at how to defend this offense."
http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/83...ive-scheme

What do Orange fans think about all this?

Rreally, Really disappointed in Broyld. My youngest son knows him thru casual associates and has introduced him to me. I have had a couple of different occasions, although brief, to talk with Ashton and the kid is always so respectful, referring to me as sir. He would always go out of his way to speak to us and take pics at the spring games. You would never know that he can have a nutcase side when speaking to him one on one. We were expecting big things from him but he never lived up to his enormous hype. Now he has blown his opportunity, his last opportunity to live up to his potential.
07-28-2015 01:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HtownOrange Offline
All American

Aston Broyld had potential and did not live up to it. His God given talents were wasted. Some kids are not really cut for college (academics, work ethic, pride-the kind that expects to be handed everything-see Clemson & Kelley), for whatever reason AB never got it all together. I wish he learns from this, completes his degree and grows as a person, you know, kinda the real purpose of attending college.

As for the Offense, it should be simplified a bit and we will have to see what the returning and new kids can do. With no injuries at this time, we are seriously improved over last season (we went as far as fourth string at QB) and our depth has experience to build from. The schedule is not particularly favorable.
07-28-2015 08:15 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(07-28-2015 08:15 PM)HtownOrange Wrote:  Aston Broyld had potential and did not live up to it. His God given talents were wasted. Some kids are not really cut for college (academics, work ethic, pride-the kind that expects to be handed everything-see Clemson & Kelley), for whatever reason AB never got it all together. I wish he learns from this, completes his degree and grows as a person, you know, kinda the real purpose of attending college.

As for the Offense, it should be simplified a bit and we will have to see what the returning and new kids can do. With no injuries at this time, we are seriously improved over last season (we went as far as fourth string at QB) and our depth has experience to build from. The schedule is not particularly favorable.

Because of all the injuries, in addition to the QB's, 10 different O-linesmen were injured last season as well 3 best WR's and some defensive players. Could be a blessing in disguise though, as many freshmen got to play last season which created some serious depth for this season. A Crazy stat: Shafer said that seventeen out of 22 starters missed at least 4 games last season due to injuries.

I don't know what to say about the offense this season. I keep hearing about this offense that he used to run at his previous stops in D3. One thing that SU has done well at the last 3 years was defense, always having one of the better defenses in its league. Terrel Hunt, the QB for SU says it took the SU defense 2 weeks to figure out how to stop Tim Lesters (SU's OC) new offense. That sounds promising enough, but you never know until you play the games.
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2015 09:30 PM by cuseroc.)
07-28-2015 08:58 PM
HtownOrange Offline
All American

(07-28-2015 08:58 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(07-28-2015 08:15 PM)HtownOrange Wrote:  Aston Broyld had potential and did not live up to it. His God given talents were wasted. Some kids are not really cut for college (academics, work ethic, pride-the kind that expects to be handed everything-see Clemson & Kelley), for whatever reason AB never got it all together. I wish he learns from this, completes his degree and grows as a person, you know, kinda the real purpose of attending college.

Because of all the injuries, in addition to the QB's, 10 different O-linesmen were injured last season as well 3 best WR's and some defensive players. Could be a blessing in disguise though, as many freshmen got to play last season which created some serious depth for this season.

I don't know what to say about the offense this season. I keep hearing about this offense that he used to run at his previous stops in D3. One thing that SU has done well at the last 3 years was defense, always having one of the better defenses in its league. Terrel Hunt, the QB for SU says it took the SU defense 2 weeks to figure out how to stop Tim Lesters (SU's OC) new offense. That sounds promising enough, but you never know until you play the games.

Agreed, there is reason to be optimistic, even if only cautiously optimistic.
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2015 09:03 PM by HtownOrange.)
07-28-2015 09:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.