WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AAU scandal connected to WMU HOF inductee
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
AAU scandal connected to WMU HOF inductee
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:13327679

I hesitated in sharing this but it is public and close to home. I stumbled on it and immediately recognized the WMU connection.

Apparently, Rick Butler, is a very powerful man in junior girls volleyball in the USA through the AAU.

By this article he is accused, once again, by WMU HOF inductee Sarah Powers-Barnhard.

This hits home not only because of WMU but Sarah grew up in the community I did. Her older brother Dan was a wrestler 1-2 years behind me in HS. I did not know Sarah. In fact, I don't believe I ever met her. I taught at our alma mater the year after she graduated. She missed playing on a state championship by 1 year. I googled Rick Butler and went to his LinkedIn site and sure enough I recognized the name of his AAU volleyball program.

I share this because as a grandparent I am sensitive to this situation. I'm not naïve. This has been going on for time immemorial. But that could be a convenient excuse. If I didn't know of my personal connection I could have sloughed it off as someone over there. A nameless , faceless entity that has no importance in my personal life. And even then it would make this situation no less sickening. But because of the connection it makes me and should make you more aware. It isn't a complete stranger. It isn't some "loser" or any other label that might be applied to diminish the situation allowing you to move on and not pay attention. I'm guilty of that all the time. This has given me pause.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:13327679
07-28-2015 12:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Charm City Bronco Offline
Fights for Justice

I Root For: WMU
RE: AAU scandal connected to WMU HOF inductee
I hate video clips. What, exactly, is going on?
07-28-2015 02:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Nacho Offline
Heisman

Just watch it, only 6 minutes. I don't want to get sued for spreading "rumors" from the video.
07-28-2015 04:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Charm City Bronco Offline
Fights for Justice

Yikes, got it.
07-28-2015 10:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.