Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rank the teams on this year's schedule from easiest to toughest to beat
Bookmark and Share
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
Rank the teams on this year's schedule from easiest to toughest to beat
They've got a such thread running across the street and it's interesting to see the results. I'm not asking for you to pick wins & losses (I'm generally not because I hate the taste of crow), but if you're so inclined, knock yourself out.

I'll go first.

12. Akron - this game is sammiched between open date & LaTech. As you'll see as you scroll down my list, I believe we enter the game undefeated and full of piss and vinegar. Could be the perfect trap game, but then, I don't really think so. There's been some major suckage of late on Akron's part and I believe it continues at Cajun Field.

11. Northwestern State - FCS team and one capable of playing some decent ball. If you don't believe me, just ask LaTech fans. Two things are certain here. 1) They won't sneak up on us and 2) we won't be giving them a $10,000 fireworks display in the event they win the game.

10. @ Georgia State - The Panthers played us tough last year at Cajun Field before finally falling in defeat. They should field a decent offense but I think their defense will not be that good. For a change, I don't think this one will be that close.

9. New Mexico State - This one could be a challenge as we have them on deck before our App State game. Fortunately it's at Cajun Field and I believe Hud will have the team focused.

8. ULM - Usually a tough game for in-state rivals and I suspect the same again this year. Anything can happen when these two meet, and usually does.

7. @ USA - Who knows?

6. Troy - Last game of the season and hopefully a very important one for the Cajuns.

5. Texas State - One of these years the Bobcats will figure out how to beat the Cajuns. I just hope it's not this year.

4. @ Kentucky - I think Hud finally gets a twofer here......an opening win against a P5 and a Cajun win in an SEC stadium. I see a Haack Attack in Kentuky's future and believe they're going to be on their heels for most of this game. Hope I've not just given the Cajuns the CF Jinx.

3. @ stAte - Another mid-week war I predict. Hopefully, like the last couple of games against them, stAte defenders spend a lot of time looking at McGuire's muffler.

2. @ LaTech - This will be another war in my estimation. Tech caught the Cajuns overconfident last year just like Northwestern caught them a couple of weeks later. I don't see that happening again this year. There's a year's worth of bragging rights piled on this game and it should be one of the better games of the year for the fans.

1. App State - Revenge, weather, a bowl slot........all sorts of things will be on the line for this one. Who says BeltBall is boring?
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2015 08:38 AM by CajunFanatico.)
07-26-2015 08:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AppinVA Online
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
RE: Rank the teams on this year's schedule from easiest to toughest to beat
You forgot to list your game against Georgia Southern. 05-stirthepot
07-26-2015 09:04 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
Good topic tough to do for App this year.

12. Howard - lower level FCS opponent

11. @ Idaho - App has 10 days to prepare for this trip

10. @ GA St. - should have a good group of App fans in attendance and as long as the defense shows up we should be able to outscore them

9. Troy - only ranked this low due to home game on Halloween, the students will be crazy, down side could be I hope we are coming off a win vs. GS and may be looking ahead to Ark St.

The next four are about the same.

8. @ ODU - their defense has been average and new QB, timing should be good.

7. @ USA - if this game weren't the last in the season I'd have ranked it 9th with all their new players.

6. WYO - average G5 team, but great coach

5. @ ULM - trap game against a good defensive squad

4. ULL - should be a great game, toss up here, likely weak crowd due to Thanksgiving

3. GS - both will be ready, I predict a great game with some late game heroics from Meadors

2. Ark St. - short week where I hope the winner controls its SBC destiny

1. @Clemson - paying in a hot hostile environment against one of the best five QBs in the nation.
07-26-2015 09:30 AM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
A-State

12. Missouri St.

11. Idaho
10. Georgia St.

9. @NMSU

8. @South Alabama
7. Texas St.
6. ULL
5. @ULM . . . ^^^^^^^^^^ Probable Wins
================================
4. @Toledo . . . v v v v v v v v v Probable Losses
3. @APP

2. Missouri

1. @USC

Really don't have a feel for South Alabama - how much defense and O-line do the Jags have coming back? Will the UAB dudes fill the two-deep? Were they starters at UAB? I guess the QB was . . .
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2015 10:12 AM by WinstonTheWolf.)
07-26-2015 10:10 AM
BRtransplant Offline
1st String

I Root For: La Tech
(07-26-2015 08:36 AM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  They've got a such thread running across the street and it's interesting to see the results. I'm not asking for you to pick wins & losses (I'm generally not because I hate the taste of crow), but if you're so inclined, knock yourself out.

I'll go first.

12. Akron - this game is sammiched between open date & LaTech. As you'll see as you scroll down my list, I believe we enter the game undefeated and full of piss and vinegar. Could be the perfect trap game, but then, I don't really think so. There's been some major suckage of late on Akron's part and I believe it continues at Cajun Field.

11. Northwestern State - FCS team and one capable of playing some decent ball. If you don't believe me, just ask LaTech fans. Two things are certain here. 1) They won't sneak up on us and 2) we won't be giving them a $10,000 fireworks display in the event they win the game.

10. @ Georgia State - The Panthers played us tough last year at Cajun Field before finally falling in defeat. They should field a decent offense but I think their defense will not be that good. For a change, I don't think this one will be that close.

9. New Mexico State - This one could be a challenge as we have them on deck before our App State game. Fortunately it's at Cajun Field and I believe Hud will have the team focused.

8. ULM - Usually a tough game for in-state rivals and I suspect the same again this year. Anything can happen when these two meet, and usually does.

7. @ USA - Who knows?

6. Troy - Last game of the season and hopefully a very important one for the Cajuns.

5. Texas State - One of these years the Bobcats will figure out how to beat the Cajuns. I just hope it's not this year.

4. @ Kentucky - I think Hud finally gets a twofer here......an opening win against a P5 and a Cajun win in an SEC stadium. I see a Haack Attack in Kentuky's future and believe they're going to be on their heels for most of this game. Hope I've not just given the Cajuns the CF Jinx.

3. @ stAte - Another mid-week war I predict. Hopefully, like the last couple of games against them, stAte defenders spend a lot of time looking at McGuire's muffler.

2. @ LaTech - This will be another war in my estimation. Tech caught the Cajuns overconfident last year just like Northwestern caught them a couple of weeks later. I don't see that happening again this year. There's a year's worth of bragging rights piled on this game and it should be one of the better games of the year for the fans.

1. App State - Revenge, weather, a bowl slot........all sorts of things will be on the line for this one. Who says BeltBall is boring?

I really have no idea what to expect in the La Tech/ULL game. I don't imagine that either team will be taking the other lightly. Are you going up to the game?
07-26-2015 10:26 AM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
Kentucky will be a bowl eligible team this year... I don't see the Cajuns winning.
07-26-2015 11:23 AM
Advertisement

TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(07-26-2015 11:23 AM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  Kentucky will be a bowl eligible team this year... I don't see the Cajuns winning.

Who is their new OC?
07-26-2015 11:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
(07-26-2015 11:30 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  
(07-26-2015 11:23 AM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  Kentucky will be a bowl eligible team this year... I don't see the Cajuns winning.

Who is their new OC?

They got the OC from West Virginia... I forget his name... Great hire tho.

Edit: Shannon Dawson is his name
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2015 11:36 AM by Atlanta Trojan.)
07-26-2015 11:35 AM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

Wouldn't surprise me. If ULM was playing them this year they'd be terrible. Since we're playing them instead, they'll probably win the SEC.
07-26-2015 11:55 AM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(07-26-2015 10:26 AM)BRtransplant Wrote:  I really have no idea what to expect in the La Tech/ULL game. I don't imagine that either team will be taking the other lightly. Are you going up to the game?

Up? Yeah, I'm thinking of making the drive. I think it's about 3,000 miles or so. Once I get past rebel-held territory in Eastern Colombia and across the Panama Canal, it'll be all down hill from there.
07-26-2015 12:04 PM
HCJag Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
12. Gardner-Webb - First game of the year and we better come out swinging.
11. Idaho
10. @Georgia St - They'll be better, but can't move them up
9. @Troy - Feels strange putting the next 4 this low, but this is a tough schedule.
8. @Texas St
7. Appalachian St
6. Arkansas St
5. @Georgia Southern
4. Cajuns
3. North Carolina St - Because they're here
2. @San Diego St - Because we're there
1. @Nebraska

This is a tough schedule for a rebuilding year.
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2015 12:34 PM by HCJag.)
07-26-2015 12:32 PM
Advertisement

BurlingtonApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
Jesus, does USA have the most difficult schedule in the league? The top five projected teams in the league.
07-26-2015 12:43 PM
Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
12.PV A&M- If we don't win this one by more than 35 I'll be pretty disappointed

11.Southern Miss- Unless all the transfers they have benefit them immediately I don't see them being able to keep up with our offense.

7.GSU- Defense won't stop us, might be a shootout though

7.Idaho- Not sure what to expect, hopefully they won't come back furiously to make it close like last year

7.South Alabama- Feast or famine with all your transfers. Hopefully for us itll be the latter.

7.NMSU- Yalls runningback is legit. Scares me with all of our defensive unknowns

6.ULM- We had yall on the ropes back in '13 and yall pulled it out, vice versa last year. Should be a fun game.

5.GS- Damn that pick 6....

4. stAte- I hope yall can stay healthy this time so we can get a legitimate assessment of how we compare to yall

3.UH- they're alot better than most of us TXST fans like to admit.... hopefully we can pull another 2012

2.FSU- Judging by the last two years we can compete with anyone, except ULL

1.ULL- We could have FSU's roster and our boys would still bend over for yall 03-banghead damn voodoo

The only sure win I see is against PV, the games against all the 7's scare me the worst cuz while we should be able to handle them, we have let them hang....
07-26-2015 12:46 PM
GEAGLESJAG Online
Special Teams

I Root For: USA & USM
12. Garner- Webb
11. Idaho
10. Troy
09. Ga St
08. Tx St
07. App
06. San Diego St
05. La
04. Ark St
03 Ga So
02 N C St
01 Nebraska
07-26-2015 12:47 PM
HCJag Offline
All American

(07-26-2015 10:10 AM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  Really don't have a feel for South Alabama - how much defense and O-line do the Jags have coming back? Will the UAB dudes fill the two-deep? Were they starters at UAB? I guess the QB was . . .

If Clements can stay healthy, I expect the offense to be better than most expect. The OL will be solid and the running game should be better. Two of the UAB transfers were OL starters. The passing game could also benefit depending on Clements, who also was a starter at UAB. The defense, however, worries me. DB should be OK, but the DL and LB positions are big question marks.
07-26-2015 12:49 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
12. Missouri State (Though I will honestly say, they could be higher than this. I just know little about them other than new coach)
11. Idaho (Home game)
10. @ NMSU
9. Georgia State (Home game, but gave us a scare here last time)

A Distance

8. @ ULM (Only because USA game is on a Tuesday)
7. @ USA (Midweek game)
6. Texas State (Home game)
5. Cajuns (Revenge)
4. @ App State (Playing on top of a Mountain is difficult)
3. @ Toledo (They are very good)
2. Missouri
1. @ USC
07-26-2015 12:50 PM
Advertisement

JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

JMHO and please, don't get your undies in a wad over my picks because this is if all of the tranfers (UAB & others) contribute as expected.

USA opponents:

12. Gardner-Webb - Average FCS team at home
11. Idaho - Long trip and Mobile humidity (Nov.)
10. Georgia State - Panthers always play the Jags tough.
9. App State - Transfers beginning to step up.
8. Troy - Trojans still a work in progress.
7. Texas State - On the road in San Marvelous will be a fight.
6. Arkansas State - Even a home game against the Red Wolves will prove to be tough.
5. Louisiana - A true Jaguar rival and always a tough opponent.
4. Georgia State - On the road against the team with a ditch running through the campus.
3. San Diego State - Playing the Aztecs in Qualcomm will be another tough test.
2. NC State
- The Jaguars toughest home game since Mississippi State.
1. Nebraska - Playing the Cornhuskers at their place will be a monumental task for anyone.
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2015 12:54 PM by JoeJag.)
07-26-2015 12:51 PM
jhbEAGLE Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Ga. Southern
12. Idaho
11. Citadel -- no matter how good we are and how bad they are this game is always close
10. Troy
9. Georgia State
8. New Mexico St.
7. South Alabama
6. ULM
5. Texas State
4. Western Michigan -- at home will be some advantage
3. App State -- normally don't play well at App
2. West Virginia
1. Georgia -- it is what it is
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2015 03:12 PM by jhbEAGLE.)
07-26-2015 01:05 PM
balanced_view Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana

i expect Kentucky will be a bowl team this year, with a lose to the Cajuns.
07-26-2015 01:39 PM
Eagle's Cliff Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern
I think the successive travel games makes things tougher.

12. @Idaho
11. Citadel -- no matter how good we are and how bad they are this game is always close
10. NMSU - I think we have much less trouble with the Aggies at home.
9. Georgia State -
8. @ Troy - Should be interesting, but unless Troy has greatly improved the D we should score enough
7. South Alabama - Thanksgiving weekend means a weak crowd and 2pm means even weaker.
6. Texas St. - Thursday night Halloween theme
5. @ULM - follows long trip to Moscow, Warhawks better at home
4. Western Michigan -- at home will be some advantage, expect WMU to test the pass defense following a tough game in Morgantown
3. App State - will be difficult to win in Boone. Maybe they'll tear down the goalposts yet again.
2. West Virginia - Foot race if our offense is effective, long night if not. Doubt we stop them much
1. Georgia - sandwiched between Auburn and Ga Tech for the Dawgs might be the only bright side for us
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2015 03:43 PM by Eagle's Cliff.)
07-26-2015 03:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.