• South Florida - 83 - 190
  • UConn - 90 - 218
  • Tulane - 105 - 272
  • Temple - 133 - 272
  • UCF - 135 - 394
  • Memphis - 202 - 746
  • ECU - 207 - 767

Tulsa and Navy unlisted.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2015 04:16 PM by Kruciff.)
07-25-2015 04:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

I Root For: UCF
RE: Center for World University Rankings, AAC
We need to get our ranking up.
07-25-2015 04:21 PM
Pony94 Online

I Root For: SMU
US News has

54 Tulane
58 tie SMU
58 tie UCONN
88 Tulsa
121 Temple
129 Cincinnati
161 USF
173 UCF
189 Houston
07-25-2015 04:22 PM
Tigers2B1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
US News doesn't rank after #200. That's why ECU and Memphis aren't ranked.
07-25-2015 04:25 PM
zfred12 Offline
1st String

Center for World University Rankings, AAC
We have some work to do. But improvements are being made
07-25-2015 04:29 PM
B easy Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
The new USNWR rankings come out in just over a month and hopefully ECU crawls back in after a year hiatus. We were up to #181, not sure why we dropped.
07-25-2015 05:02 PM
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
houston has made crazy stride in just 5 years, anyone who didnt vsit UH in since 2009 but decided to visit would not recognize the campus at all

almost everything has been rebuilt...UH used to have an open old school type campus that was set in an urban theme...

now all the old building are gone and replaced, the open spaces replaced with more high tech buildings, parking lots have all turned to parking garages...all the houses that were visible from campus all destroyed for a metrorail that connects to downtown..

we went from a "commuter" school to the 2nd most dormed campus in the state

and houston has just reached the tip of the ice berg
even if we do nothing houston will improve simply because of gentrification in the areas around UH because of mass population growth (already happening) whether or not you believe its right

and to me houston at some point will get a HUGE academic boost simply because Houston(the city) has the biggest medical district in the world, and the biggest most powerful college within the city doesnt have a medical school...yet

we've tried a few times met some legal troubles or lack of funding .. but it will eventual happen
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2015 05:25 PM by pesik.)
07-25-2015 05:23 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Re: RE: Center for World University Rankings, AAC
(07-25-2015 04:16 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  http://cwur.org/2015/usa.html
    AAC Schools - National Ranking - World Ranking
  • SMU - 68 - 142
  • Cincinnati - 72 - 157
  • Houston - 80 - 184
  • South Florida - 83 - 190
  • UConn - 90 - 218
  • Tulane - 105 - 272
  • Temple - 133 - 272
  • UCF - 135 - 394
  • Memphis - 202 - 746
  • ECU - 207 - 767

Tulsa and Navy unlisted.

Yay

We aren't last
07-25-2015 06:56 PM
Savacool Offline
1st String

Never heard of this alleged bogus rankings. Let us stick with the best,Forbes and U.S. News and World Report that most Ivy League prospective students only use.
07-25-2015 06:59 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

Re: RE: Center for World University Rankings, AAC
(07-25-2015 06:59 PM)Savacool Wrote:  Never heard of this alleged bogus rankings. Let us stick with the best,Forbes and U.S. News and World Report that most Ivy League prospective students only use.

You are still ranked as the worst poster. Prospective ivy league students can bite my big weiner
07-25-2015 07:05 PM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
Cincinnati always gets dinged on the US News rankings because of our 4-year graduation rates -- artificially lowered by the co-op program.
07-25-2015 07:45 PM
Advertisement

Pony94 Online

I Root For: SMU
Public schools have different missions and should be commended for that. I would love to make a fortune and donate it to SMU so that the under served in Dallas could attend.
07-25-2015 07:48 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
(07-25-2015 07:48 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  Public schools have different missions and should be commended for that. I would love to make a fortune and donate it to SMU so that the under served in Dallas could attend.

Yup. ECU'S mission isn't one that will ever get the school ranked highly and thats ok. Teachers, doctors, and soon to be dentists are are in fairly short supply, especially in this part of the state. ECU isn't a perfect school, but it's a perfect school for NC east of 95.
07-25-2015 07:55 PM
NestaKnight1 Offline
1st String

(07-25-2015 06:59 PM)Savacool Wrote:  Never heard of this alleged bogus rankings. Let us stick with the best,Forbes and U.S. News and World Report that most Ivy League prospective students only use.

I agree, these are completely bogus rankings. Any ranking system that has Tulane behind the likes of Houston, and USF is completely bogus (no offense to those schools, but Tulane clearly has a better academic reputation). This ranking service is utter B.S. What criterion was used? Was it which school wrote the bigger check to the ranking service?
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2015 08:56 PM by NestaKnight1.)
07-25-2015 08:52 PM
cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis

I would hope that any prospective Ivy League student would be more informed than to use USNWR school rankings as a factor in their decision.
07-25-2015 09:31 PM
transitt Offline
The William Hung of Memphis music

I Root For: A fresh start
(07-25-2015 07:45 PM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  Cincinnati always gets dinged on the US News rankings because of our 4-year graduation rates -- artificially lowered by the co-op program.

That is something that hurts Memphis as well. There are several co-ops with FedEx and a few other companies which are good for the community as a whole but make the university look bad in rankings such as this. We also get dinged for average salary of graduates...we border Mississippi and Arkansas. Salaries are lower here. So is the cost of living. It evens out, though for some reason US News cannot figure that out.

All I know is that we have a law school which consistently betters both Vanderbilt and Tennessee law in BAR pass rates.
07-25-2015 10:09 PM
Advertisement

CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

Interesting that SMU ranks so much higher in these ratings than Baylor. TCU isn't even ranked.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2015 10:52 PM by CougarRed.)
07-25-2015 10:51 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(07-25-2015 10:09 PM)transitt Wrote:  
(07-25-2015 07:45 PM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  Cincinnati always gets dinged on the US News rankings because of our 4-year graduation rates -- artificially lowered by the co-op program.

That is something that hurts Memphis as well. There are several co-ops with FedEx and a few other companies which are good for the community as a whole but make the university look bad in rankings such as this. We also get dinged for average salary of graduates...we border Mississippi and Arkansas. Salaries are lower here. So is the cost of living. It evens out, though for some reason US News cannot figure that out.

All I know is that we have a law school which consistently betters both Vanderbilt and Tennessee law in BAR pass rates.

Bar passage rate is not the great evaluation tool you seem to believe it is. Tier 4 schools regularly teach a curriculum structured around the bar, which I could have passed with commercial study services and a year to prepare without ever setting foot inside a law school. The bar has very little to do with preparation for the practice of law.

Tier 4 NKU (4 is the lowest among accredited schools) often outpaces Tier 2 UC and Tier 1 Ohio State in the Ohio bar passage rate for the same reason. Anyone who thinks NKU is a better law school than Ohio State is on crank. Same goes for Memphis and Vandy. Sorry.
07-25-2015 11:11 PM
Attackcoog Online

(07-25-2015 08:52 PM)NestaKnight1 Wrote:  

I agree, these are completely bogus rankings. Any ranking system that has Tulane behind the likes of Houston, and USF is completely bogus (no offense to those schools, but Tulane clearly has a better academic reputation). This ranking service is utter B.S. What criterion was used? Was it which school wrote the bigger check to the ranking service?

And your opinion would be based completely on just another ranking based on another list. In the finals analysis, it's all just different groups weighing different factors to determine academic quality.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2015 11:20 PM by Attackcoog.)
07-25-2015 11:18 PM
transitt Offline
The William Hung of Memphis music

I Root For: A fresh start
(07-25-2015 11:11 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(07-25-2015 10:09 PM)transitt Wrote:  

Bar passage rate is not the great evaluation tool you seem to believe it is. Tier 4 schools regularly teach a curriculum structured around the bar, which I could have passed with commercial study services and a year to prepare without ever setting foot inside a law school. The bar has very little to do with preparation for the practice of law.

Tier 4 NKU (4 is the lowest among accredited schools) often outpaces Tier 2 UC and Tier 1 Ohio State in the Ohio bar passage rate for the same reason. Anyone who thinks NKU is a better law school than Ohio State is on crank. Same goes for Memphis and Vandy. Sorry.

Well then perhaps the questions should be- Why can the Tier 1 schools not produce more JDs who can pass a simple bar exam? The bar may have very little to do with preparation for the practice of law but without passing it...once cannot practice law at all.
07-25-2015 11:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.