Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

That next level of public shows of desperation by Big 12 persons
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
That next level of public shows of desperation by Big 12 persons
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...few-others

Quote:"Let's bring Nebraska back and a few others, one other maybe. I don't know that,"

A true sign of desperation. Talking about bringing back the likes of Nebraska, Missouri, Colorado and/or Texas A&M.

The wall is continuing to crumble. Statements like these are not good signs for folks hoping the big 12 stays together.
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2015 06:38 PM by He1nousOne.)
07-23-2015 06:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

domer1978 Online
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
RE: That next level of public shows of desperation by Big 12 persons
It does seem like it's crumbling
07-23-2015 06:42 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
I am sure Nebraska and Tex AM are dying to return.
07-23-2015 06:54 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(07-23-2015 06:37 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...few-others

Quote:"Let's bring Nebraska back and a few others, one other maybe. I don't know that,"

A true sign of desperation. Talking about bringing back the likes of Nebraska, Missouri, Colorado and/or Texas A&M.

The wall is continuing to crumble. Statements like these are not good signs for folks hoping the big 12 stays together.

He's a coach, not an AD. We would all take Nebraska back. Doesn't mean most of us think its realistic. The ADs certainly don't.
07-23-2015 07:31 PM
domer1978 Online
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
(07-23-2015 07:31 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(07-23-2015 06:37 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...few-others

He's a coach, not an AD. We would all take Nebraska back. Doesn't mean most of us think its realistic. The ADs certainly don't.

He might as well be an AD at KSU, heck the stadium is named after him. Reeks of desperation.
07-23-2015 07:32 PM
He1nousOne Offline

Bill Snyder's opinion doesn't matter nor does it represent anyone else's mentality? Go ahead and believe that if you must.

Snyder has been public about thinking that the conference needs to add two more programs. His public solution? Add Nebraska and one other school that already left.

If there was a circulating solution for the problem behind closed doors, do you think he would be saying crazy **** like this?

There is no solution.
07-23-2015 07:35 PM
Advertisement

jrj84105 Offline
All American

I Root For: Utes
(07-23-2015 07:35 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  

Bill Snyder's opinion doesn't matter nor does it represent anyone else's mentality? Go ahead and believe that if you must.

Snyder has been public about thinking that the conference needs to add two more programs. His public solution? Add Nebraska and one other school that already left.

If there was a circulating solution for the problem behind closed doors, do you think he would be saying crazy **** like this?

There is no solution.
Is the damage the BigXii is doing to its brand apparent to people other than us? Do people without an interest in realignment care? That may be the saving grace.
07-23-2015 07:41 PM
He1nousOne Offline

(07-23-2015 07:41 PM)jrj84105 Wrote:  
(07-23-2015 07:35 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  

There is no solution.
Is the damage the BigXii is doing to its brand apparent to people other than us? Do people without an interest in realignment care? That may be the saving grace.

Chip Brown was on Phoenix Sports Radio this morning with Doug and Wolf. They talked realignment.
07-23-2015 07:42 PM
SeaBlue Offline
1st String

I Root For: Michigan
(07-23-2015 07:42 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  Chip Brown was on Phoenix Sports Radio this morning with Doug and Wolf. They talked realignment.

And.... ?????
07-23-2015 07:48 PM
He1nousOne Offline

(07-23-2015 07:48 PM)SeaBlue Wrote:  
(07-23-2015 07:42 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  Chip Brown was on Phoenix Sports Radio this morning with Doug and Wolf. They talked realignment.

And.... ?????

Oliver Luck was on the day before. Turns out that Wolf was Oliver Luck's Fullback at West Virginia back in the day. 07-coffee3
07-23-2015 07:50 PM
SeaBlue Offline
1st String

(07-23-2015 07:41 PM)jrj84105 Wrote:  Is the damage the BigXii is doing to its brand apparent to people other than us? Do people without an interest in realignment care? That may be the saving grace.

So how much of this would have happened if DeLoss Dodds was still at the helm?

Was it going to happen sooner or later anyway, a realignment of power, or are they really quite upset with each other in the Big 12 innner circle?
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2015 07:55 PM by SeaBlue.)
07-23-2015 07:53 PM
Advertisement

USFRamenu Away
Enthusiast

I Root For: South Florida
(07-23-2015 07:50 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  

And.... ?????

Oliver Luck was on the day before. Turns out that Wolf was Oliver Luck's Fullback at West Virginia back in the day. 07-coffee3

You didn't answer his question. I hate when people do that. 01-lauramac2

His "And????" Post clearly was requesting you elaborate on what was said about realignment. 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2015 08:02 PM by USFRamenu.)
07-23-2015 08:01 PM
He1nousOne Offline

(07-23-2015 08:01 PM)USFRamenu Wrote:  

And.... ?????

His "And????" Post clearly was requesting you elaborate on what was said about realignment. 07-coffee3

I know, I know...jeez. Of course I was just messing with him. It's SeaBlue, we get along well enough.

Chip said in his analysis that he could see Arizona and Arizona State moving to the big 12 which is why he landed on Phoenix radio. He pretty much downplayed that point, saying basically that it was a plug and play prediction that you could take Utah and Colorado instead. He said Arizona and Arizona State though because of the success they have been having and the upwards trajectories of their programs.

I don't see it happening though. If Arizona State had any interest in the big 12, they would have scheduled against a big 12 Texas team instead of scheduling against Texas A&M like they just recently agreed upon.

Chip went into some heavy detail about Patterson though. It does not look good for Patterson if Chip knows what he is talking about. In terms of where Texas goes, it was talked about. He mentioned how Patterson is probably closer to Scott than anyone else. It was pretty much insinuated that if Patterson is around when/if Texas moves that the PAC is definitely in the mix but if Patterson is fired before then than you can pretty much forget about Texas going West. It isn't the preferred direction of movement.

Personally, for me, I found the Oliver Luck interview MUCH more interesting and much more important.
07-23-2015 08:08 PM
SeaBlue Offline
1st String

And.... ?????

He's probably multitasking. 5 boards, 15 threads. 05-stirthepot
07-23-2015 08:10 PM
USFRamenu Away
Enthusiast

(07-23-2015 08:08 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  

And.... ?????

I know, I know...jeez. Of course I was just messing with him. It's SeaBlue, we get along well enough.

Chip said in his analysis that he could see Arizona and Arizona State moving to the big 12 which is why he landed on Phoenix radio. He pretty much downplayed that point, saying basically that it was a plug and play prediction that you could take Utah and Colorado instead. He said Arizona and Arizona State though because of the success they have been having and the upwards trajectories of their programs.

I don't see it happening though. If Arizona State had any interest in the big 12, they would have scheduled against a big 12 Texas team instead of scheduling against Texas A&M like they just recently agreed upon.

Chip went into some heavy detail about Patterson though. It does not look good for Patterson if Chip knows what he is talking about. In terms of where Texas goes, it was talked about. He mentioned how Patterson is probably closer to Scott than anyone else. It was pretty much insinuated that if Patterson is around when/if Texas moves that the PAC is definitely in the mix but if Patterson is fired before then than you can pretty much forget about Texas going West. It isn't the preferred direction of movement.

Personally, for me, I found the Oliver Luck interview MUCH more interesting and much more important.

And??? Don't make me climb through this wire after you. 01-lauramac2
07-23-2015 08:11 PM
USFRamenu Away
Enthusiast

(07-23-2015 08:10 PM)SeaBlue Wrote:  

And.... ?????

He's probably multitasking. 5 boards, 15 threads. 05-stirthepot

Probably, I'm just being prissy as I've got limited time until I scoot out of here. 04-rock
07-23-2015 08:13 PM
Advertisement

He1nousOne Offline

(07-23-2015 08:11 PM)USFRamenu Wrote:  
(07-23-2015 08:08 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  
(07-23-2015 07:48 PM)SeaBlue Wrote:  And.... ?????

And??? Don't make me climb through this wire after you. 01-lauramac2

Hey! I deflected to him the first time for a reason. You should have asked why. 04-cheers

Now, let me think back. His perspective was one that was much higher up the mountain.

A big talking point lately is once again about expanding the CFP. Even Colin Cowherd is saying that he now thinks it will probably be expanded and he was always staunchly against that.

What Oliver Luck went into in detail was that the CFP is entirely owned by the conferences. What that means is that the conferences can expand the tournament if they like and that the 12 year contract doesn't preclude them from expanding during that time period. They would simply have to renegotiate the added on portion.

What that told me is that we wont see any expanded playoff until the conferences get what they want.

What do they want? They want more of the post season to be about their conferences rather than something bigger than the conference, like the March Madness tournament. That means that the conferences actually have the leverage on ESPN on this. With the negativity that ESPN has had lately in terms of funding, an expanded CFP would be a boon for them.

ESPN has to play ball if they want the playoff expanded.
07-23-2015 08:16 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA

And.... ?????

So Arizona and Arizona St. are joining the Big 12?04-cheers

edit-I posted this before I read your later comments!
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2015 08:18 PM by bullet.)
07-23-2015 08:17 PM
USFRamenu Away
Enthusiast

(07-23-2015 08:16 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  Hey! I deflected to him the first time for a reason. You should have asked why. 04-cheers

Now, let me think back. His perspective was one that was much higher up the mountain.

A big talking point lately is once again about expanding the CFP. Even Colin Cowherd is saying that he now thinks it will probably be expanded and he was always staunchly against that.

What Oliver Luck went into in detail was that the CFP is entirely owned by the conferences. What that means is that the conferences can expand the tournament if they like and that the 12 year contract doesn't preclude them from expanding during that time period. They would simply have to renegotiate the added on portion.

What that told me is that we wont see any expanded playoff until the conferences get what they want.

What do they want? They want more of the post season to be about their conferences rather than something bigger than the conference, like the March Madness tournament. That means that the conferences actually have the leverage on ESPN on this. With the negativity that ESPN has had lately in terms of funding, an expanded CFP would be a boon for them.

ESPN has to play ball if they want the playoff expanded.

Interesting. I had thought that ESPN owned the CFP. Nice to know information there. 04-cheers
07-23-2015 08:21 PM
He1nousOne Offline

(07-23-2015 08:17 PM)bullet Wrote:  

And.... ?????

So Arizona and Arizona St. are joining the Big 12?04-cheers

edit-I posted this before I read your later comments!

03-lmfao All good, that's what I get for being a tease.
07-23-2015 08:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.