Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Next to leave
Bookmark and Share
MinerGuy Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Hmmm.... this is tough, I see Memphis, and Houston trying to go to the Big East, or SEC ... and UTEP working to get into the BIG 12...
09-26-2005 11:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

moloch_322 Offline
All American

I Root For: Hawt chix & UCF
Crappies

No one, because CUSA will gel and fans and schools will love their conference as it gains in prominence.
09-26-2005 11:28 PM
MinerGuy Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Seriously..... I hope you are right!!! 04-cheers
09-26-2005 11:30 PM
wahoo man
Unregistered

MinerGuy Wrote:Hmmm.... this is tough, I see Memphis, and Houston trying to go to the Big East, or SEC ... and UTEP working to get into the BIG 12...
I don't see UTEP getting in the Big 12. They won't allow another Texas school. They feel bad enough that Baylor is in it. If for some reason Baylor gets kicked out in the future, I SERIOUSLY doubt another Texas school will take their place. I could see either Iowa or Arkansas (probably Arkansas) coming in.
09-26-2005 11:31 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Project O Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UTEP

Somebody blow-up this thread. Nobody is going anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang:
09-26-2005 11:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

This is a stupid poll. I can understand crap like this in the summer when nothing is going on but right now there is no reason for this. Nobody is going anywhere anytime soon.
09-26-2005 11:53 PM
Advertisement

IYNWUYAU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Everybody will stay, CUSA becomes the best conference known to man. Once the BCS dies out, nobody will care about the so called big conferences. CUSA will become what other conferences wish they could be. GO CUSA!
09-26-2005 11:53 PM
MondoMiner Offline
Adelantado and Captain-General

I Root For: Los Mineros

Minerguy, the Big 12 would laugh in our face at the suggestion. Perhaps ten years down the road, if UTEP won 8 or 9 CUSA titles, expanded the Sun Bowl to 80,000 and sold it out every game, then maybe they'd consider us. We're home in CUSA. Let's hope we can keep our momentum, and the rest of the league can continue to improve as well. We have a lot of potential. Let's not talk of this stuff anymore.
09-26-2005 11:54 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU

MinerGuy Wrote:Hmmm.... this is tough, I see Memphis, and Houston trying to go to the Big East, or SEC ... and UTEP working to get into the BIG 12...
You have to be joking right??? Houston in the Big East? UTEP in the Big 12??

Memphis, ECU, UCF, Marshall, UAB and S. Miss would be the candidates for the Big East, but even out of that list I think only Memphis, ECU, and UCF are the only serious candidates. UTEP maybe could go to the MWC, possibly Houston if the MWC decides they need some market and Houston turns things around more than they have, but UTEP to the Big 12 is like saying ECU hoping to get into the ACC.
09-26-2005 11:59 PM
charles Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis

Move this thread to the trash board.
09-27-2005 12:04 AM
Magic Knight Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

:john: Conference Expansions are over. The Big East have 16 schools overall, I doubt they seriously want to add another to the mix. I would vote Memphis as a candidate to leave, that only if the Big East offer them full membership. The geographical makeup of our conference is great for new and existing rivalries.
09-27-2005 12:31 AM
Advertisement

BlazerUnit Offline
Yeah, I Just Did That

I Root For: Key & Peele

I voted for Rice...

A conference shift for the Owls is all that's needed to raise graduation rates, fan IQs, and the win/loss record of the new Big East :D 04-rock :D :laugh:
09-27-2005 12:49 AM
BullsFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF

MWC will try to pick up UTEP.
Not sure if UTEP will bite, but i bet you the MWC interested.
09-27-2005 12:52 AM
SPECoog518 Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Have you seen CSTV yet? That is the MWC's exclusive home for the next few years.

03-wink
09-27-2005 12:56 AM
JMSTiger Offline
Just More Stats

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame

BullsFanatic Wrote:MWC will try to pick up UTEP.
I agree. UTEP is looking better and better. Good football and basketball and strong fan support in both sports. If the Mountain West goes to 12 schools, UTEP will probably be one of them.
09-27-2005 12:58 AM
wahoo man
Unregistered

Agree on that.

My opinion, the most likely candidate to leave will be UTEP first (to the MWC) as it is MUCH more of a geographical fit than CUSA followed by Memphis to the Big East (but that is ONLY if the Big East does split like most believe it will in a few years).

IMO...if UCF or ECU wanted to make the "move up" to the Big East...they better improve...and fast. Why? Because they are a decent geographical fit for the Big East, unlike Memphis.
Advertisement

Nugget's Ghost Offline
1st String

I Root For:

[Image: 177474.jpg]
SPECoog518 Offline
Banned

I Root For:

No school would be that dumb to move to a Western conference without a BCS invite...

Oh wait... :rofl:

Lot's on influential UTEP alums in our Texas footprint. Not to mention, it looks awfully good to their President to be associated with the prestigious academics in CUSA West.
09-27-2005 01:02 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Nope, not interested in slumming. Pac-10 or Big-12 yes...MWC no.
Basically, it means we're staying in CUSA.
09-27-2005 01:02 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

SCConway Wrote:
Agree on that.

My opinion, the most likely candidate to leave will be UTEP first (to the MWC) as it is MUCH more of a geographical fit than CUSA followed by Memphis to the Big East (but that is ONLY if the Big East does split like most believe it will in a few years).

IMO...if UCF or ECU wanted to make the "move up" to the Big East...they better improve...and fast. Why? Because they are a decent geographical fit for the Big East, unlike Memphis.
MWC has less and inferior bowl tie-ins, a tv contract only with CSTV, only one Texas school, far less NCAA bb money than CUSA, same non-bcs status as CUSA, and a bunch of schools we don't like. Add it all up and it equals UTEP staying in CUSA.
09-27-2005 01:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.