Target opening date is October 1.
07-20-2015 01:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

I Root For: $79.95 Boards
RE: East Memphis Fino's update
The original Fino's has gone downhill (no pun intended) lately. I still prefer Lucchesi's for sandwiches or Dino's for home style Italian food (we bring our own wine).
07-20-2015 02:29 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
(07-20-2015 02:29 PM)tiger2000 Wrote:  The original Fino's has gone downhill (no pun intended) lately. I still prefer Lucchesi's for sandwiches or Dino's for home style Italian food (we bring our own wine).

I've been going to Fino's pretty regularly for over 20 years. I have noticed no difference in the quality. However, I must clarify by saying that I rarely order the pasta dishes there. I almost always get sandwiches and sometimes the pizza. Their sandwiches are consistently delicious.

I'm still a fan of both Dino's and Pete & Sam's.
07-20-2015 03:38 PM
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

(07-20-2015 03:38 PM)3601 Wrote:  
(07-20-2015 02:29 PM)tiger2000 Wrote:  The original Fino's has gone downhill (no pun intended) lately. I still prefer Lucchesi's for sandwiches or Dino's for home style Italian food (we bring our own wine).

I've been going to Fino's pretty regularly for over 20 years. I have noticed no difference in the quality. However, I must clarify by saying that I rarely order the pasta dishes there. I almost always get sandwiches and sometimes the pizza. Their sandwiches are consistently delicious.

I'm still a fan of both Dino's and Pete & Sam's.

I feel like you get a lot more food @ Pete and Sam's but Dino's feels more like mama's cookin'
07-20-2015 03:42 PM
Advertisement

mapdude Offline
Enthusiastically Ambivalant

I Root For: U of Memphis

DonatorsDonators
Went to Fino's a couple of weeks ago for the first time in about 15 years. Yeah, the sandwich was good, but next time I will order the "soft" bread. I think that means it is not a week old bread. The bread was so hard, that my poor teeth could not break through it, and I ended up eating the "sandwich" with a fork. I was looking around, and every body else was having a hard time biting into these sandwiches. I'll bet that the next time I suggest to the crew that we go to Fino's, the consensus will be, "No, let's go somewhere else...".
07-23-2015 10:37 PM
JTiger Offline
Grand Master Sexaaayyyy

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(07-23-2015 10:37 PM)mapdude Wrote:  Went to Fino's a couple of weeks ago for the first time in about 15 years. Yeah, the sandwich was good, but next time I will order the "soft" bread. I think that means it is not a week old bread. The bread was so hard, that my poor teeth could not break through it, and I ended up eating the "sandwich" with a fork. I was looking around, and every body else was having a hard time biting into these sandwiches. I'll bet that the next time I suggest to the crew that we go to Fino's, the consensus will be, "No, let's go somewhere else...".

That is the one bad thing about Fino's is the hardness of the bread. The meatball sandwich is outstanding though as well as The Fino.

Bring a breath mint if you have The Fino.
07-24-2015 12:39 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I got a sneak inside the new building. It is much larger than it appears from the street. Should be nice.
08-03-2015 11:14 AM
Advertisement

tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

(07-23-2015 10:37 PM)mapdude Wrote:  Went to Fino's a couple of weeks ago for the first time in about 15 years. Yeah, the sandwich was good, but next time I will order the "soft" bread. I think that means it is not a week old bread. The bread was so hard, that my poor teeth could not break through it, and I ended up eating the "sandwich" with a fork. I was looking around, and every body else was having a hard time biting into these sandwiches. I'll bet that the next time I suggest to the crew that we go to Fino's, the consensus will be, "No, let's go somewhere else...".

I think their bread is a baguette and yes it is hard as a rock.
08-03-2015 05:34 PM
eltigre Offline
Chief Headknocker

I Root For: Throat Punches
The # 4. I do remember that was the ONLY sandwich I ever ordered from there. I think it was called the Acquisto (sp?) and it was the first one I happened to order. Never wanted to try anything different. It was T-A-S-T-Y.
08-03-2015 09:05 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

The soft bread is for toddlers, Protestants, folks with dentures and rookies.
08-08-2015 09:20 PM
Advertisement

3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

Open to the public tomorrow.
12-03-2015 11:17 AM
tigergreen Offline

I Root For: MEMPHIS
I loooove the baguette bread, but yeah, it's a pain to bite through.
12-03-2015 01:08 PM
oldmangrizz Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: free love
(08-03-2015 05:34 PM)tiger2000 Wrote:  

Sometimes hard as a rock is good.
12-03-2015 03:43 PM
Advertisement

Cletus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(12-03-2015 03:43 PM)oldmangrizz Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 05:34 PM)tiger2000 Wrote:  

Sometimes hard as a rock is good.

Ha ......... no doubt

RESTAURANT NEWS
Fino's Opens in East Memphis on Friday

[Image: finos.jpg]
12-10-2015 01:10 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I've been twice already. Had lunch there today.
12-10-2015 01:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.