Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Report: Austin contacted by...
Bookmark and Share
TallTiger Offline
All American

I Root For:
Report: Austin contacted by...
Greg Gaston, on Sports 56 Friday, mentioned a Kentucky Sports Radio report that Cal had reached out to Austin Nichols. Whether it's to come to ky or advice on getting to VA is unknown. Surprised it hasn't been posted yet.
07-18-2015 12:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

3rdgenerationtiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tigers & Bears
RE: Report: Austin contacted by...
(07-18-2015 12:57 AM)TallTiger Wrote:  Greg Gaston, on Sports 56 Friday, mentioned a Kentucky Sports Radio report that Cal had reached out to Austin Nichols. Whether it's to come to ky or advice on getting to VA is unknown. Surprised it hasn't been posted yet.

He needn't check with Cal. I help him get to Virginia.

Virginia Info
07-18-2015 05:11 AM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(07-18-2015 12:57 AM)TallTiger Wrote:  Surprised it hasn't been posted yet.

It has been.
07-18-2015 08:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TallTiger Offline
All American

I Root For:
Sorry, I didn't see another thread or mentioned in some of the other threads on this issue.
07-18-2015 08:20 AM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
Who cares, wish the young man luck and goodbye. You are with us or against us. I'm thinking AN may have seen the writing on the wall with the Lawsons and wanted certain assurances. This speaks very well for the Lawsons, and as good as AN is, someones playing time was going to suffer. I'm actually beginning to get excited about the Lawson era at Memphis if, in fact, it is tied to the AN decision to transfer. Would have love for Austin to stay here, but such is life. It does not seem like a very well thought out decision. He could have gone pro after this season, mow he risks more problems with injuries etc. His dad made his bed, now Austin has to lay in it. He may have been the piece to let us go deep in the NCAA and paid himself off nicely as a lottery pick in the process. Instead they opted out of the competition. Makes my opinion of Shaq go up. He wont be transferring to KYU. Goodbye Austin, bad, bad decision imo.
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2015 12:59 AM by MemphisTigerPawr.)
07-21-2015 12:59 AM
Tie 1 On Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Memphis
Do you really think playing time was going to suffer for a preseason conference player of the year and first team candidate?
07-21-2015 07:17 AM
Advertisement

tigerscane Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tha tigers
For the love of God Austin was not gonna be ahead of Dedric for long and would be sitting behind him or next to him at center, but he isn't as physical as Shaq....Dedric and Kj Lawson are Simplely put BETTER Talent wise and Austin ran as fast as he could TrUeTh....The World Is Ours Memphis....
07-21-2015 08:03 AM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

Kyle Witljer couldn't enough playing time at UK and left and essentially and became one the best players in his league getting 17 pts 6rbs 2 assists while shooting 54% from the floor and 47% from the 3.

Kyle is bigger and their athleticism is similar. He should NOT go to UK
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2015 08:11 AM by macgar32.)
07-21-2015 08:04 AM
Galilee Offline
1st String

I Root For: KIDS
Come on now. No way AN would sit behind DL or KJ. None of us are happy he left but use common sense.
07-21-2015 08:15 AM
AtlTigerfan Offline
1st String

(07-21-2015 08:15 AM)Galilee Wrote:  Come on now. No way AN would sit behind DL or KJ. None of us are happy he left but use common sense.

I don't think he would have sat behind DL or KJ either, but depending on their development, it would have been eaiser to pull AN.
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2015 08:52 PM by AtlTigerfan.)
07-21-2015 08:20 AM
Tygrys Offline
Heisman

(07-21-2015 08:03 AM)tigerscane Wrote:  For the love of God Austin was not gonna be ahead of Dedric for long and would be sitting behind him or next to him at center, but he isn't as physical as Shaq....Dedric and Kj Lawson are Simplely put BETTER Talent wise and Austin ran as fast as he could TrUeTh....The World Is Ours Memphis....

Unless Dedric is a sure fire lottery pick there is absolutely no way he was playing ahead of AN...
07-21-2015 08:47 AM
Advertisement

macgar32 Offline
Legend

(07-21-2015 08:47 AM)Tygrys Wrote:  
(07-21-2015 08:03 AM)tigerscane Wrote:  For the love of God Austin was not gonna be ahead of Dedric for long and would be sitting behind him or next to him at center, but he isn't as physical as Shaq....Dedric and Kj Lawson are Simplely put BETTER Talent wise and Austin ran as fast as he could TrUeTh....The World Is Ours Memphis....

Unless Dedric is a sure fire lottery pick there is absolutely no way he was playing ahead of AN...

Shaq was not going to play in front of Austin, although I feel it would have been debatable, so even if Dedric was better Austin would still start.
07-21-2015 08:50 AM
DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

Maybe it was more about that AN would be sharing more minutes with Dedric in the lineup.
07-21-2015 08:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(07-21-2015 08:50 AM)DallasTiger Wrote:  Maybe it was more about that AN would be sharing more minutes with Dedric in the lineup.

To use a term used a lot here...There was a lot of "butthurt" going on in the situation and I do not think Austin was anywhere near alone in making this decision.
07-21-2015 08:54 AM
jbdtigerfan Offline
Bench Warmer

(07-21-2015 08:15 AM)Galilee Wrote:  Come on now. No way AN would sit behind DL or KJ. None of us are happy he left but use common sense.

You're asking for common sense from people that are celebrating the fact that our best player is transferring. Good luck with that.
07-21-2015 08:56 AM
Smith Offline
1st String

I Root For: memphis
"Maybe it was more about that AN would be sharing more minutes with Dedric in the lineup."

You guys are forgetting that AN is injury prone. His healthy wouldn't let him start. He's body it is not dependable. First twisted ankle and he's out for the season.
07-21-2015 09:01 AM
Advertisement

macgar32 Offline
Legend

(07-21-2015 09:01 AM)Smith Wrote:  "Maybe it was more about that AN would be sharing more minutes with Dedric in the lineup."

You guys are forgetting that AN is injury prone. His healthy wouldn't let him start. He's body it is not dependable. First twisted ankle and he's out for the season.

3rd twisted ankle... But I felt he packed it in as soon as it happened. Didn't even try to rehab to see if he could get back. That was the initial sign that something was not right.
07-21-2015 09:04 AM
FruitJar Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Da Tigahs
(07-21-2015 08:56 AM)jbdtigerfan Wrote:  

You're asking for common sense from people that are celebrating the fact that our best player is transferring. Good luck with that.

It's a darn shame too. Just let the boy be. If he wants to go and live the college life w/o bball, let him go. I enjoyed all the perks of community college life. Women, weed, booze, frats. Let the young man spread his wings.
07-21-2015 09:15 AM
Stammers Offline
Legend

He can do whatever he wants; I couldn't care less. Unlike Black, AN is going to continue improving and will be a very good player by the time he is done.
07-21-2015 09:26 AM
Tygrys Offline
Heisman

(07-21-2015 08:50 AM)DallasTiger Wrote:  Maybe it was more about that AN would be sharing more minutes with Dedric in the lineup.

Based on the schools he is reported to be considering, I am not sure where he is going to go that he will not be sharing as many, if not more, minutes... It is also highly unlikely he will be the focal point of offense at any of those schools either.
07-21-2015 10:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.