Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Finebaum: SEC "may be overrated"
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
Finebaum: SEC "may be overrated"
OT: Paul Finebaum, the premier SEC homer, made these statements at SEC Media Days:

Quote:"The bottom line is, this [the SEC] is a tough league, we all know that, and while the debate last year, [whether or not the SEC would get] two teams [in the playoff]... I'm not sure if all the SEC teams have two losses, which is a reasonable possibility, that they'll get in the four team playoff [at all]."

"The bottom line is, that this league, we hear the phrase cannibalizing each other, it does happen. In the meat of the league, it's a very good league. Is it the greatest league of all time like I said and others said last year? I don't think it's that good"

Yes, ESPN radio host Paul Finebaum, the voice of the SEC if you will, said the Southeastern Conference "may be" overrated.

Wow! Not that this is news to us - we knew it all along - but for one of their own to admit it... especially an employee of ESPN!?! Times, they are a changin'...

[republished here, with permission, from http://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2015/0...ated.html]
07-16-2015 12:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EvilVodka Offline
stuff

I Root For: FSU LSU
RE: Finebaum: SEC "may be overrated"
I think they're a little overrated if you're talking "elite" teams....

But make no mistake, not a single bad team exists in the SEC West....definitely the hardest division in college football history IMO

honestly I don't think an SEC West team will make the playoff this year....I think the SEC West eats itself
07-16-2015 12:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
Them boys might not be the sharpest tools in the shed...

Quote:"...the media picked Alabama to win the West Division and Auburn to win the SEC Championship in 2015 at the conclusion of SEC Media Days. "

Hmmm.

SOURCE: http://www.foxsports.com/college-footbal...oll-071615

...but, hey, the media has never let the facts stop them from picking Alabama in the past (IMO the Auburn pick is a good one).
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2015 03:50 PM by Hokie Mark.)
07-16-2015 03:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blazer4Life14 Offline
One of “Kent’s People”

I Root For: UAB, Pro Sports
To quote the typical Bama trash around here, "But Paul, RTR!"

I'm not all that into college football, but man, I'd love to the $EC struggle this year, Bama in particular.
07-16-2015 03:58 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(07-16-2015 12:46 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  OT: Paul Finebaum, the premier SEC homer, made these statements at SEC Media Days:

Quote:"The bottom line is, this [the SEC] is a tough league, we all know that, and while the debate last year, [whether or not the SEC would get] two teams [in the playoff]... I'm not sure if all the SEC teams have two losses, which is a reasonable possibility, that they'll get in the four team playoff [at all]."

"The bottom line is, that this league, we hear the phrase cannibalizing each other, it does happen. In the meat of the league, it's a very good league. Is it the greatest league of all time like I said and others said last year? I don't think it's that good"

Yes, ESPN radio host Paul Finebaum, the voice of the SEC if you will, said the Southeastern Conference "may be" overrated.

Wow! Not that this is news to us - we knew it all along - but for one of their own to admit it... especially an employee of ESPN!?! Times, they are a changin'...

[republished here, with permission, from http://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2015/0...ated.html]

Hello! He said the same thing last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, and so on and so forth. It's like a yearly mantra to draw the ire of callers and generate interest during the slow time before the season. As to our real potential this year we won't know until it's kicked off, the same as everywhere else.

The reason you haven't heard it before is that it was never covered by the SECN before since we started it in July of last year and it wasn't carried everywhere until August.
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2015 05:28 PM by JRsec.)
07-16-2015 05:26 PM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

I Root For: YouAreButtHurt
Phyllis from Mulga is going to tear Pawwwwwl a new one.
07-16-2015 05:55 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(07-16-2015 05:55 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  Phyllis from Mulga is going to tear Pawwwwwl a new one.

I'd pay to see that. She's ugly, but nearly as ugly as Paul. She's bigger too!
07-16-2015 06:03 PM
Villecard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
MAY be overrated?
07-16-2015 11:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.