Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The WAC has embarrassed the two best MAC teams
Bookmark and Share
Nugget's Ghost Offline
1st String

I Root For:

in the last week. Boise humiliated Bowling Green and Fresno walloped Toledo tonight. Those are usually the MAC's two best teams(now that the Herd is gone). That conference is always a joke at the middle to bottom, but even the top is a joke it seems this year.
09-28-2005 12:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

IYNWUYAU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

The WhACk is just that. Screw it!
09-28-2005 12:51 AM
Magic Knight Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

MAC schools pretty much pimped their programs out to the BIG 11 every year.
09-28-2005 12:52 AM
Minerfanatic Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Magic Knight Wrote:MAC schools pretty much pimped their programs out to the BIG 11 every year.
Oh please don't act like C-USA doesn't do the same thing, accept the Eastern schools pimp themselves out to the SEC.

usc 24 UCF 15
Bama 30 USM 21
Ole Miss 10 Memphis 7
Miss State 21 Tulane 14
Tennesee 17 UAB 10

This conference is not good enough to take shots at any conference. Seriously people think before you say something stupid and make us all look bad.
09-28-2005 02:14 AM
st932253 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Knights

I didn't watch all of the games - but they all appeared to be competitive. UCF tied for the largest deficit and anyone who watched it will agree that it was very close and we outplayed USC for 3 quarters.

That being said - when we first agreed to the schedule we were just trying to make a name for ourselves...this was like in 1996...we also had 11 games a year to fill as an independent.

Now THAT being said - being competitive with SEC teams isn't the same as losing by 40 to Fresno State and Boise State...as good as those programs are.
09-28-2005 02:26 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Minerfanatic Wrote:
Magic Knight Wrote:MAC schools pretty much pimped their programs out to the BIG 11 every year.
Oh please don't act like C-USA doesn't do the same thing, accept the Eastern schools pimp themselves out to the SEC.

usc 24 UCF 15
Bama 30 USM 21
Ole Miss 10 Memphis 7
Miss State 21 Tulane 14
Tennesee 17 UAB 10

This conference is not good enough to take shots at any conference. Seriously people think before you say something stupid and make us all look bad.
Stop being so sanctimonious. Even on the MAC board they are saying their league sucks.
09-28-2005 02:33 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Minerfanatic Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

All I'm saying is before we start saying other conferences suck we need to improve our teams quality and make ourselves better.
09-28-2005 02:37 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Minerfanatic Wrote:All I'm saying is before we start saying other conferences suck we need to improve our teams quality and make ourselves better.
Be quiet. We're not in kindergarten here. It's ok to be mean.
09-28-2005 02:39 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

st932253 Wrote:I didn't watch all of the games - but they all appeared to be competitive. UCF tied for the largest deficit and anyone who watched it will agree that it was very close and we outplayed USC for 3 quarters.

That being said - when we first agreed to the schedule we were just trying to make a name for ourselves...this was like in 1996...we also had 11 games a year to fill as an independent.

Now THAT being said - being competitive with SEC teams isn't the same as losing by 40 to Fresno State and Boise State...as good as those programs are.
I agree with you. The MAC is fading fast. Tomorrow's game against Cincinnati is a must-win for them if they want to salvage any self-respect. If Miami, OH loses that one at home the MAC board will go into total meltdown.
09-28-2005 02:45 AM
HuskyNan
Unregistered

KingMiner Wrote:
Minerfanatic Wrote:All I'm saying is before we start saying other conferences suck we need to improve our teams quality and make ourselves better.
Be quiet. We're not in kindergarten here. It's ok to be mean.
Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch. :laugh:
09-28-2005 07:38 AM
Sophandros Offline
Gulf Coast Elitist

I Root For: Tulane/Saints

New Orleans Bowl

Oh, come on. You can't begin to make that comparison, because our games have at least been competitive this year, as they were in years past. Additionally, we have more than one or two wins historically against the SEC, whereas the MAC is, well, not the mack daddies of anything.
09-28-2005 08:24 AM
Advertisement

Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Sophandros Wrote:Oh, come on.  You can't begin to make that comparison, because our games have at least been competitive this year, as they were in years past.  Additionally, we have more than one or two wins historically against the SEC, whereas the MAC is, well, not the mack daddies of anything.
To me the MAC and Sun Belt have the least amount of potential out of all the 1-A non-bcs conferences. Pretty much everything about them says small-time. The MWC and CUSA have the best chance of really making something of themselves. Look for example at the fact that neither league chooses to stoop so low as to participate in the so-called Bracket Buster and you get the idea that these are two leagues trying very hard to rise above the mid-major label. The WAC is somewhere in the middle:They have a few schools with real value who are probably embarrassed to be in the WAC but also some real duds in there and overall the league lacks the cache or resources of the MWC or CUSA. The MAC and Sun Belt are, as I said, strictly small mom-and-pop operations with neither the infrastructure nor the willingness to rise above the cinderella mold. They'll always be just "cute little guys" that you can occasionally root for if you're bored or just laugh at them most of the time.
09-28-2005 08:37 AM
Tony The Tiger Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Leonardo Wrote:
Sophandros Wrote:Oh, come on.  You can't begin to make that comparison, because our games have at least been competitive this year, as they were in years past.  Additionally, we have more than one or two wins historically against the SEC, whereas the MAC is, well, not the mack daddies of anything.
To me the MAC and Sun Belt have the least amount of potential out of all the 1-A non-bcs conferences. Pretty much everything about them says small-time. The MWC and CUSA have the best chance of really making something of themselves. Look for example at the fact that neither league chooses to stoop so low as to participate in the so-called Bracket Buster and you get the idea that these are two leagues trying very hard to rise above the mid-major label. The WAC is somewhere in the middle:They have a few schools with real value who are probably embarrassed to be in the WAC but also some real duds in there and overall the league lacks the cache or resources of the MWC or CUSA. The MAC and Sun Belt are, as I said, strictly small mom-and-pop operations with neither the infrastructure nor the willingness to rise above the cinderella mold. They'll always be just "cute little guys" that you can occasionally root for if you're bored or just laugh at them most of the time.
Well, we've also got our share of "duds" here in CUSA although I agree with you that the MAC and Sun Belt are pretty much lost causes. Basically, all across the non-bcs world you are really starting to see a divide. Some schools have the infrastructure, resources, and support to take their athletic programs to levels that are like those in the power conferences and then you have some schools that just have no business competing in division one because they just don't have what it takes.
09-28-2005 10:14 AM
USM@FTL Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss

Do remember that BB approached 3 MAC teams about joining C-USA when Louisville, UC, and USF decided to bolt. I think it was Ohio, Toledo, and Bowling Green, or maybe Miami Ohio was in there somewhere. But all four sited tradition (of being the Big10's best homecoming opponents) and increased travel costs (they must love those buses) as their reasons for staying. They had no inclination to compete with the BCS. All 12 lose big money on athletics, running big deficits.

UCF and Marshall were always in the mix. They saw bigger goals for their athletes. The 4 WAC additions wanted better as well. C-USA is much better off.

Oddly enough, the SBC should eventually eclipse the MAC, as weird as that may sound, but at least the SBC is trying, with what little they have.
09-28-2005 10:40 AM
Santa Fe Falcon Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

The MAC "has the least potential" of all the non-BCS conference, is near the bottom of the pack, is pretty much a lost cause? Think again!!

Here's two who disagree with you.

1-ESPN--They are carrying more MAC games than any other non-BCS conference. Did you notice that the recent Ohio-Pittsburgh game had the largest rating of any Friday night game ever? Each year the ESPN coverage of the MAC gets better, and I expect that to continue.

2-the National Polls--The MAC is the only non-BCS conference EVER to end the season with two teams ranked in the top 25. Two years ago Miami and Bowling were ranked in the top 25 of the end of season Polls and a third team, Northern Illinois was ranked 26th. No other non-BCS conference has ever come close to that.

And incidentally, I'm sure you know that the C-USA Bowl record against the MAC is 1 win and 9 losses. The only C-USA win was last year--Cincinnatti against (you got it) Marshall.

Now, the MAC certainly has its problems. But whenever you guys diss the MAC it seems like you always forget the most important fact--on the field performance.

This year the MAC is not getting the big out of conference wins it has in the recent past except the Ohio over Pittsburgh win. However, I believe this is the only big out of conference game that was played on a MAC field.

I think you guys need to worry about your own situation. I'm betting that 5 years from now the MAC will be just fine.
09-28-2005 11:11 AM
UTEPDallas Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTEP/Penn State

The two best teams in the MAC lost to Boise and Fresno......and we all know the WAC is way down this year. The WAC has never got any respect but I think it has always been a fine league. Since the days Arizona State was in the WAC....to when BYU won the national championship....when the WAC16 was formed.....to Boise's undefeated season last year......to the new additions this year...the WAC has always struggled to get the respect it deserves.
09-28-2005 11:18 AM
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies

Santa Fe Falcon Wrote:The MAC "has the least potential" of all the non-BCS conferences and is near the bottom of the pack? Think again!!

Here's two who disagree with you.

1-ESPN--They are carrying more MAC games than any other non-BCS conference. Did you notice that the recent Ohio-Pittsburgh game had the largest rating of any Friday night game ever? Each year the ESPN coverage of the MAC gets better, and I expect that to continue.

2-the National Polls--The MAC is the only non-BCS conference EVER to end the season with two teams ranked in the top 25. Two years ago Miami and Bowling were ranked in the top 25 of the end of season Polls and a third team, Northern Illinois was ranked 26th. No other non-BCS conference has ever come close to that.

And incidentally, I'm sure you know that the C-USA Bowl record against the MAC is 1 win and 9 losses. The only C-USA win was last year--Cincinnatti against (you got it) Marshall.

Now, the MAC certainly has its problems. But whenever you guys diss the MAC it seems like you always forget the most important fact--on the field performance.

This year the MAC is not getting the big out of conference wins it has in the recent past except the Ohio over Pittsburgh win. However, I believe this is the only big out of conference game that was played on a MAC field.

I think you guys need to worry about your own situation. I'm betting that 5 years from now the MAC will be just fine.
Don't fool yourselves...My guess is that the majority of the MAC games being shown on ESPN are not due to the MAC teams being involved, but more of the oponent. See the Pittsburg/Ohio game. If it had been Ohio/Toledo, nobody would have cared. Yes, some people would have watched it simply because it was College Football, but no real national interest.

MAC is the land of denial. :bang:
09-28-2005 11:22 AM
Magic Knight Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

The MAC is the BIG 11's NFL Europe. Most of their Head Coaches were assistants in the Big 11. Alot of players from the Big 11 transfer to MAC schools.The MAC teams are the Big 11's home opener or homecoming opponents. Each Big 11 teams plays about 2 or 3 MAC teams every year, also each MAC team's OOC schedule is load with 2 or 3 Big 11 teams.
09-28-2005 11:38 AM
HuskyNan
Unregistered

Santa Fe Falcon Wrote:And incidentally, I'm sure you know that the C-USA Bowl record against the MAC  is 1 win and 9 losses.  The only C-USA win was last year--Cincinnatti against (you got it) Marshall.
They ALWAYS say this, but they NEVER include how many of those bowl wins came from Marshall. :rolleyes:

But hey, it's OK for the MAC to ride on our coattails if it makes them feel better about themselves.
09-28-2005 12:09 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Isn't this a C-USA board?...lol
09-28-2005 03:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.