Wofford non-con schedule
Bookmark and Share
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Wofford non-con schedule
07-14-2015 05:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Purdue,ETSU,G5
RE: Wofford non-con schedule
Only 4 home games. That's got to be rough. Wofford may be low on confidence coming into conference play.
07-14-2015 07:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
etsubuc Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU
Very smart. With as good of a team as they might have this gives them the chance to get a good seed in the NCAA tournament if they can win the conference and some of those games.
07-14-2015 07:11 PM
shampoo Offline
All American

I Root For: blue and gold
What if they don't win a single road game? And rack up losses. Strength of schedule only matters when you win. Hope the best for them, as I want them to push ETSU to play its best in conference.
07-14-2015 07:28 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
Cost effective schedule. ETSU needs to do something similar with geography. Notice they play at Vanderbilt and then turn around to play at Austin Peay.
At least 8 of those are very winnable, and at Mizzou isn't as threatening as used to be (neither is Vandy other than the weird court).
Good for them to have a challenging schedule, and holy cow if they get it rolling and get 11-12 of those, they very well could work their way into an 10-12 seed.
07-14-2015 07:37 PM
etsubuc Offline
All American

(07-14-2015 07:28 PM)shampoo Wrote:  What if they don't win a single road game? And rack up losses. Strength of schedule only matters when you win. Hope the best for them, as I want them to push ETSU to play its best in conference.

Then they deserve a low seed in the NCAA tournament- but they would also deserve that same seed if they had a schedule like ours last year and won most of them. You have to try to give your team a shot at success if you are expecting a good team that can pull it off.
07-14-2015 07:39 PM
Advertisement

CaptainJackAubrey Offline
Special Teams

Wofford non-con schedule
Lets not put Wofford and the big dance in the same sentence.

Not gonna happen.
07-14-2015 07:41 PM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

Wofford's had a nice 4-5 yr stretch but I'm not ready to annoint them as the next Belmont. They lose a lot of firepower from last season and will be at the bottom half of the league next year IMHO.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2015 08:51 PM by Bucfaithful.)
07-14-2015 08:50 PM
shampoo Offline
All American

I Root For: blue and gold
I appreciate everyone's ideas following my last post, most especially CaptainJackAubrey's. Wofford better win all their out of conference games if they want a shot at an at large bid. :)
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2015 09:17 PM by shampoo.)
07-14-2015 09:17 PM
Just Buc Offline
2nd String

Overall, ETSU has a more difficult non-con schedule. Two less money games but somewhat better opponents in the most of the others
07-15-2015 04:50 AM
Bucster Offline
All American

It sounds like our schedule is pretty much set. I wish they'd go ahead and release it.
07-15-2015 08:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Wofford non-con schedule
Are we still playing multiple non D-Is?
07-15-2015 10:47 AM
Bucster Offline
All American

I hope not. We need to stop scheduling those games.
07-15-2015 10:52 AM
CaptainJackAubrey Offline
Special Teams

I'm willing to be talked out of this position, but I do think playing Milligan is good for the community.

Our time would be better spent in practice than playing Tusculum...and beating the h out of an NAIA or DII/DIII school is pointless and an unnecessary risk of injury. But I say keep Milligan.
07-15-2015 11:30 AM
etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Purdue,ETSU,G5
(07-15-2015 11:30 AM)CaptainJackAubrey Wrote:  I'm willing to be talked out of this position, but I do think playing Milligan is good for the community.

Our time would be better spent in practice than playing Tusculum...and beating the h out of an NAIA or DII/DIII school is pointless and an unnecessary risk of injury. But I say keep Milligan.
Milligan's been a school we've played from the start, so yeah Milligan is good.
07-15-2015 11:34 AM
etsubuc Offline
All American

(07-15-2015 11:30 AM)CaptainJackAubrey Wrote:  I'm willing to be talked out of this position, but I do think playing Milligan is good for the community.

As an exhibition yes. Not as a regular season game
07-15-2015 11:34 AM
Advertisement

Just Buc Offline
2nd String

Just as ETSU and nearly all other mid-majors need to go play the big boys in order to help fund their program, so too do the Milligans, Tusculums and Va-Wise's of the world. There is nothing wrong with playing two of these schools annually. It doesn't effect RPI or SOS. Yeah they often look more like scrimmages but it's also a chance for a team to look at some things they might not be able to against normal D1 opponents. Many of the DIIs fund their entire program off of 2 or 3 of these games each year. Just as ETSU looks forward to measuring themselves against Villanova, I'm sure Milligan looks forward to the ETSU game.
07-15-2015 06:20 PM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

From strictly a community perspective, irrespective of the game itself, I think playing Milligan is a gesture of goodwill. There are usually 5 or so local kids on Milligan's squad whose families and friends come to see them play. I'm sure coaches have to weigh these factors.
07-15-2015 07:00 PM
WingedWarrior Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Go Bucs!
(07-15-2015 07:00 PM)Bucfaithful Wrote:  From strictly a community perspective, irrespective of the game itself, I think playing Milligan is a gesture of goodwill. There are usually 5 or so local kids on Milligan's squad whose families and friends come to see them play. I'm sure coaches have to weigh these factors.
07-16-2015 11:51 AM
WingedWarrior Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Go Bucs!
(07-16-2015 11:52 AM)WingedWarrior Wrote:  Yep, sometimes you just need to be a good neighbor. Playing Milligan and Tusculum is the right thing to do.
07-16-2015 11:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.