Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Charlotte Fans Are Living A Dream
Bookmark and Share
Rabonchild Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
Charlotte Fans Are Living A Dream
Three years ago we had no football team. Now, within the next five years we will play five P5 teams (Kentucky, Louisville, Kansas State, Tennessee, & Clemson).

We have numerous regional games against Georgia State and Appalachian St already booked. And our brothers in CUSA are an awesome group. Somebody pinch me, to make sure this is real.

Sure, it will take some time for us to grow up. And we will get our butts kick a few times, that's part of growing up. But in time we will make you proud CUSA.
07-13-2015 09:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BoKnows Offline
Banned

I Root For: UAB Football
RE: Charlotte Fans Are Living A Dream
Glad to have you back, brother. Should've never left in the first place.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2015 12:03 AM by BoKnows.)
07-14-2015 12:01 AM
SApuro Offline
All American

I Root For: UTSA and USM
Congrats! Now go win a FBS game....Georgia St is prime for the pickings.
07-14-2015 12:12 AM
JCMiner Offline
All American

I Root For: UTEP
Charlotte along with the rest of the East teams have such great potential. ODU is a proven winner at the FCS level that will continue to impress and break necks in the FBS world. Marshall is currently the face of the conference in football. FAU has a beautiful stadium all they need is those recruiting classes to start winning some games. Western Kentucky is a great addition in both major sports. I'm still mad at them for ruining our conference's shot at a new year's bowl. Middle Tennessee is a stable grounded program that will continue to enjoy the success from the Sun Belt days. All in all I want everyone in this conference to do well. This past season we finished second of the G5 conferences. I really think that if Marshall had beaten WKU they would have slipped into the Access Bowl and we would have finished as the #1 G5 conference. Hopefully we get it done this season.
07-14-2015 12:29 AM
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
(07-13-2015 09:15 PM)Rabonchild Wrote:  Three years ago we had no football team. Now, within the next five years we will play five P5 teams (Kentucky, Louisville, Kansas State, Tennessee, & Clemson).

We have numerous regional games against Georgia State and Appalachian St already booked. And our brothers in CUSA are an awesome group. Somebody pinch me, to make sure this is real.

Sure, it will take some time for us to grow up. And we will get our butts kick a few times, that's part of growing up. But in time we will make you proud CUSA.

Its gonna be more like a nightmare for a decade lol. But i hope you grow up soon and get to winning. We need all our members to be strong.
07-14-2015 12:33 AM
paintedblue2 Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU
(07-14-2015 12:01 AM)BoKnows Wrote:  Glad to have you back, brother. Should've never left in the first place.

Not to spoil the mood of the thread, but did they leave, or was it more like "Here's your hat, what's your hurry?"

We ODU fans definitely understand the "living a dream" feeling of being a new FBS team, in fact our coach uses that phrase all of the time.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2015 06:51 AM by paintedblue2.)
07-14-2015 06:09 AM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
Re: RE: Charlotte Fans Are Living A Dream
(07-14-2015 12:12 AM)SApuro Wrote:  Congrats! Now go win a FBS game....Georgia St is prime for the pickings.

[Image: giphy.gif]
07-14-2015 06:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rabonchild Offline
1st String

(07-14-2015 06:09 AM)paintedblue2 Wrote:  
(07-14-2015 12:01 AM)BoKnows Wrote:  Glad to have you back, brother. Should've never left in the first place.

Not to spoil the mood of the thread, but did they leave, or was it more like "Here's your hat, what's your hurry?"

We ODU fans definitely understand the "living a dream" feeling of being a new FBS team, in fact our coach uses that phrase all of the time.

Our exit was mutual, They kicked us in the butt and we said ouch!
07-14-2015 07:26 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(07-14-2015 12:29 AM)JCMiner Wrote:  Charlotte along with the rest of the East teams have such great potential. ODU is a proven winner at the FCS level that will continue to impress and break necks in the FBS world. Marshall is currently the face of the conference in football. FAU has a beautiful stadium all they need is those recruiting classes to start winning some games. Western Kentucky is a great addition in both major sports. I'm still mad at them for ruining our conference's shot at a new year's bowl. Middle Tennessee is a stable grounded program that will continue to enjoy the success from the Sun Belt days. All in all I want everyone in this conference to do well. This past season we finished second of the G5 conferences. I really think that if Marshall had beaten WKU they would have slipped into the Access Bowl and we would have finished as the #1 G5 conference. Hopefully we get it done this season.

No way, the committee clearly showed Boise had the upper hand over Marshall all season...Now might have been more of an uproar caused by Boise getting in over an undefeated Marshall, but it was going to happen regardless...Marshall beat next to no one last season and the committee clearly stated strength of schedule will be a big deciding factor at the end..

Back to the post, Welcome Charlotte, always nice to have someone else in Lexington who follows another fellow CUSA team...We are far and few in between but its good to se...
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2015 08:01 AM by WKUFan518.)
07-14-2015 07:52 AM
Highflying49er Offline
Bench Warmer

Put it this way- we were happy to be in CUSA 1.0 without football, and would have stayed had it been an option. However, that kick in the rear kicked the football drive into gear!

Glad to be back in the CUSA!
07-14-2015 07:57 AM
Nugget49er Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(07-14-2015 07:57 AM)Highflying49er Wrote:  

Put it this way- we were happy to be in CUSA 1.0 without football, and would have stayed had it been an option. However, that kick in the rear kicked the football drive into gear!

I wonder how many schools have been in a conference twice?
07-14-2015 08:22 AM
Advertisement

Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-14-2015 07:26 AM)Rabonchild Wrote:  

03-lmfao

Sums it up pretty well I think.

Unfortunately we weren't able to stay. Although the A10 was a better basketball conference than CUSA 2.0, I think we would have been better off if we could have stayed. Lutz could have kept his recruiting pipelines and still pitched recruits on playing against Memphis and Calipari. We had credibility in CUSA and I think we would have continued our winning ways.
07-14-2015 08:33 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-14-2015 08:22 AM)Nugget49er Wrote:  

Wasn't Boise in the MWC twice? I think they were MWC, then WAC, then MWC again, but I could be wrong.
07-14-2015 08:33 AM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
(07-14-2015 08:33 AM)Niner National Wrote:  
(07-14-2015 08:22 AM)Nugget49er Wrote:  

Wasn't Boise in the MWC twice? I think they were MWC, then WAC, then MWC again, but I could be wrong.

It went Big Sky to WAC to MWC. They accepted an invitation to the Big East but left before playing a game there, so I don't know if that counts.

Non-football but Pacific has been in the West Coast Conference twice.
07-14-2015 01:56 PM
Tintin Offline
1st String

Having said that, the A10 was a much better basketball conference than the CUSA we left.
07-14-2015 02:37 PM
AppinVA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Georgia State was a founding member of the Sun Belt, left, and then came back after adding football.
07-14-2015 07:53 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(07-14-2015 02:37 PM)Tintin Wrote:  

Having said that, the A10 was a much better basketball conference than the CUSA we left.

And you still couldn't win Conference USA. Imagine how it would have wound up for you there in the A10? 03-wink
07-15-2015 03:03 PM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I don't know if i really agree with this.

Had we stayed in CUSA, I firmly believe we would have continued to perform at a high level and pushed Memphis many years. Lutz was a good fit for CUSA and I don't think he would have tanked the same way he did in the A10.

Throw in solid UTEP, UAB, and USM teams over that same period of time and I don't know that the A10 was leaps and bounds above CUSA 2.0 had we been allowed to stay.
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2015 03:22 PM by Niner National.)
07-15-2015 03:22 PM
Rabonchild Offline
1st String

(07-15-2015 03:22 PM)Niner National Wrote:  

I don't know if i really agree with this.

Had we stayed in CUSA, I firmly believe we would have continued to perform at a high level and pushed Memphis many years. Lutz was a good fit for CUSA and I don't think he would have tanked the same way he did in the A10.

Throw in solid UTEP, UAB, and USM teams over that same period of time and I don't know that the A10 was leaps and bounds above CUSA 2.0 had we been allowed to stay.

I wonder how many invites the A10 got to the Big Dance and how many invites CUSA got during that time?
07-15-2015 05:25 PM
ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
I know it seems like a 03-cloud9 dream right now but it will be a terrible nightmare as the season goes on...Way too much too fast for the Charlotte program, I know you guys had to step up sooner than you wanted but I fear moving forward this quickly could actually hurt the long term health of your program.

Seems like it will be very difficult to keep the positive momentum and fan enthusiasm going when you guys are getting destroyed week after week...It is going to happen, your program and players are not ready for this step forward and in reality it is actually not fair to the coaches or your players to make them take the field against this type of schedule so soon.
07-15-2015 05:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.