Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: I must applaud this Charlotte student
Bookmark and Share
USMSTUD Offline
Banned

I Root For: Southern Miss
OT: I must applaud this Charlotte student
Anyone that's ever received a ticket on their campus will appreciate this.
https://gma.yahoo.com/student-protests-p...style.html
07-10-2015 08:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eagle04 Offline
All American

RE: OT: I must applaud this Charlotte student
Bravo young man.
07-10-2015 09:29 AM
49RFootballNow Online
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
I have received numerous tickets from the same people this guy got his tickets from. Back in the day the struggle was real, back when 100% went to the school like this idiot suggests we go back to. PATS (Parking service on campus) used to be known as the Parking Nazis for a reason. There was a time they'd find even the slightest violation, like parking too close to the dividing line, as a reason to give a ticket. Yes, it used to be a goldmine for the school and the attendants were encouraged to fine for everything so the school could raise money.

Now they mostly do their job, making sure asshats like this clown don't try to use someone else hanging tag. If he really wanted to protest this, he'd simply stop parking on campus and walk his ass to class. All he did was inconvenience the PATS employees who are mostly students themselves. No one in the State House probably even knows this happened and they certainly don't care.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2015 11:56 AM by 49RFootballNow.)
07-10-2015 11:55 AM
9erken Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Charlotte
It just doesn't make much sense. Why would paying in pennies be a protest against the money going elsewhere? He's making that office spend time, work hours to count the pennies, they get paid by the university to do it, and so there's less work-time/money available to do other things. He's potentially taking away from what he supposedly cares about.

I guess he got a miniscule amount of media coverage, but his time would've probably been better spent calling or writing a hand-written letter to his state senators and representatives if he really wanted to change things.
07-10-2015 01:26 PM
USMSTUD Offline
Banned

(07-10-2015 09:29 AM)eagle04 Wrote:  Bravo young man.

When I went back to school 17 years ago a ticket was $10 and then they raised them to $20. Now they're $50 or more. Biggest scam going as far as I'm concerned. Shouldn't have to pay to park when you're already paying them thousands of dollars a year to go to school. Only tickets should be for parking in handicap or faculty parking.
07-10-2015 01:33 PM
Advertisement

wh49er Offline
All American

So passive aggressive it hurts.
07-10-2015 01:45 PM
Nugget49er Offline
1st String

(07-10-2015 01:33 PM)USMSTUD Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 09:29 AM)eagle04 Wrote:  Bravo young man.

When I went back to school 17 years ago a ticket was $10 and then they raised them to $20. Now they're $50 or more. Biggest scam going as far as I'm concerned. Shouldn't have to pay to park when you're already paying them thousands of dollars a year to go to school. Only tickets should be for parking in handicap or faculty parking.

Of course every state is different, but parking at NC public universities is not funded by the State. They have to generate their own revenue. Charlotte uses far more parking decks than most other NC campuses and they cost (as I recall) about 10x the dollars per space to build as a surface lot. Our parking permits are not cheap, but they cost people who use them, and that way students who ride the bus or live on campus without a car do not have to subsidize the drivers. Of course at $450 for a full year, the permit is significantly cheaper then what a student may have to pay when they graduate if they get a job uptown.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2015 03:24 PM by Nugget49er.)
07-14-2015 03:23 PM
49erlew Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Charlotte
(07-10-2015 11:55 AM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  I have received numerous tickets from the same people this guy got his tickets from. Back in the day the struggle was real, back when 100% went to the school like this idiot suggests we go back to. PATS (Parking service on campus) used to be known as the Parking Nazis for a reason. There was a time they'd find even the slightest violation, like parking too close to the dividing line, as a reason to give a ticket. Yes, it used to be a goldmine for the school and the attendants were encouraged to fine for everything so the school could raise money.

Now they mostly do their job, making sure asshats like this clown don't try to use someone else hanging tag. If he really wanted to protest this, he'd simply stop parking on campus and walk his ass to class. All he did was inconvenience the PATS employees who are mostly students themselves. No one in the State House probably even knows this happened and they certainly don't care.

From what I'm reading here, it seems as though you used to be

[Image: we-are-the-99-percent1.jpg]

but now you're all

[Image: Grumpy-old-man.jpg]
07-14-2015 03:59 PM
BoKnows Offline
Banned

I Root For: UAB Football
BRAVO TO THE YOUNG MAN! RUMBLE, YOUNG MAN, RUMBLE!

Sure, it's taking (likely) students time to count all those pennies... But, their salaries are being paid by his fine. The other 80% is bein shipped out the door.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2015 06:31 PM by BoKnows.)
07-14-2015 06:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.