Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Shout out to Joe Jackson!
Bookmark and Share
George Can'tStandYa Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Shout out to Joe Jackson!
You loved Memphis more than was probably wise or deserved. Thank you for sticking. Sorry for those who didn't realize that you were the one sacrificing on this alter of futility for your love of your hometown and hometown team. Some owe an apology, all owe you.
07-09-2015 02:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
RE: Shout out to Joe Jackson!
random
07-09-2015 02:00 PM
tigergeorge55 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U OF M
(07-09-2015 02:00 PM)George CantStandYa Wrote:  You loved Memphis more than was probably wise or deserved. Thank you for sticking. Sorry for those who didn't realize that you were the one sacrificing on this alter of futility for your love of your hometown and hometown team. Some owe an apology, all owe you.

We apologize Joe. You were the first sign that there was something wrong. You hung in there anyway out love for your City and the Program. You should be honored.

Thanks Joe for some exciting basketball and reviving the program.

01-ncaabbs
07-09-2015 02:04 PM
MemphisCanes Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: THE Tigers
Joe was a MF'ing trooper.
07-09-2015 02:07 PM
Advertisement

tigersroll Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
One of my first post here, I said that i thought Joe was overrated. I manned up and admitted that I was wrong....Dead wrong!!! Joe was never the problem.
07-09-2015 02:11 PM
MemphisFan95 Offline
Coach A

I Root For: Memphis
All owe him what?
07-09-2015 02:52 PM
Psicosis Offline
Remain in Light

Crappies
Joe gave us four incredibly hard-fought years and stuck with it despite all the reasons given to him to leave. That's probably why.
07-09-2015 06:26 PM
Advertisement

Old Tiger Offline
Water Engineer

I will always remember till the day I die that remarkable block on Gonzaga's Karnowski, the 7'1" giant by Joe "the Giant Killer" Jackson, which lead to a turnaround and a victory by the Tigers.

Not to mention you and Chris Crawford combining to take the CUSA trophy away from UTEP in El Paso, probably the greatest come back win by the Tigers in history.

I expect you to be in the NBA in the very near future.
07-09-2015 06:39 PM
TiminMem23 Offline
All American

I was critical of Joe for a long time. I think it's time to agree with the OP. Maybe Joe wasn't the problem.

This is not to say I blame Nichols for doing what's best for him. However, I don't like the way it went down, nor do I like how his dad keeps inserting himself into the story as a spokesperson. I should not know the name Mark Nichols. The fact that I do tells me a lot about Mark Nichols. Austin is a grown man who needs to speak and act for himself from here on out. Dad should stick to supporting his son and giving him advice privately but not making decisions or speaking for him.
07-09-2015 06:54 PM
TigerBabbler Offline
All American

I Root For:
Joe should've took his butt to Kansas like he was supposed to...and he would be making that NBA MONEY...
07-09-2015 10:06 PM
Advertisement

Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
While the bash fest train is full steam ahead...I mean why let the Briarcrest daddy boy transfer go to waste...and no question losing this good player hurts....

Slow down a bit on this idea that things have been so terrible. I get that many cannot help themselves, and last year's 18-14 season was painful...teams have essentially come up one game short a few seasons. Not happy with that but the bully parade and high five mock fest thrives on this Carl.

Congratulations.

To those kids playing for Memphis next season...kick some ass.
07-09-2015 10:07 PM
FUT Offline
Banned

I Root For: clarity
(07-09-2015 10:07 PM)Mimi Wrote:  While the bash fest train is full steam ahead...I mean why let the Briarcrest daddy boy transfer go to waste...and no question losing this good player hurts....

Slow down a bit on this idea that things have been so terrible. I get that many cannot help themselves, and last year's 18-14 season was painful...teams have essentially come up one game short a few seasons. Not happy with that but the bully parade and high five mock fest thrives on this Carl.

Congratulations.

Could you clarify the bolded part please?
07-09-2015 11:05 PM
jsw3ent Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis
(07-09-2015 02:00 PM)George CantStandYa Wrote:  You loved Memphis more than was probably wise or deserved. Thank you for sticking. Sorry for those who didn't realize that you were the one sacrificing on this alter of futility for your love of your hometown and hometown team. Some owe an apology, all owe you.

Joe is the EPITOME of the phrase ONCE A TIGER ALWAYS A TIGER. HONOR he STUCK. A true/blue TIGER. Choose who you would rather share a foxhole with, Mr. Jackson or the WHO's that turned backs on the program.
07-09-2015 11:17 PM
Advertisement

ZachMan Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Tigers
I would throw Chris Crawford in there as well, always thought he could have been a special player in the right program, great court vision and could get really streaky hot from 3 but we will never get to know how good these guys could have been. Along with Nick King, Adonis Thomas and now Austin, some really good hometown players.
07-10-2015 07:20 AM
cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

(07-09-2015 11:05 PM)FUT Wrote:  
(07-09-2015 10:07 PM)Mimi Wrote:  While the bash fest train is full steam ahead...I mean why let the Briarcrest daddy boy transfer go to waste...and no question losing this good player hurts....

Congratulations.

Maybe the "daddy boy" reference is part of one particular "bash fest train" that the poster travels on.
07-10-2015 07:53 AM
dan o Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(07-10-2015 07:53 AM)cotton1991 Wrote:  
(07-09-2015 11:05 PM)FUT Wrote:  

Congratulations.

Maybe the "daddy boy" reference is part of one particular "bash fest train" that the poster travels on.

She prefers players without daddies.
07-10-2015 07:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.