RE: John Martin on 929 dealing the truth
yep
07-08-2015 09:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
Tell those of us at work who cannot listen what he is saying.
07-08-2015 09:32 AM
Timmy989 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis & ETSU
The same things everyone has been saying. It was just a build up of everything. It wasnt one specific thing. Are people really waiting to hear it was like one moment or action that caused it? Life doesnt really work that way. It was lack of success, Dad wasnt happy, upset about girlfriend, his whole recruiting class has basically left. etc . .
07-08-2015 09:35 AM
uofmcamaro Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Consistency
(07-08-2015 09:35 AM)Timmy989 Wrote:  The same things everyone has been saying. It was just a build up of everything. It wasnt one specific thing. Are people really waiting to hear it was like one moment or action that caused it? Life doesnt really work that way. It was lack of success, Dad wasnt happy, upset about girlfriend, his whole recruiting class has basically left. etc . .

I can understand all of that....but man, the timing of it all in that case. If it was a build up like that then why not do this 3 months ago. Why now?
07-08-2015 09:44 AM
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

I Root For: $79.95 Boards
(07-08-2015 09:35 AM)Timmy989 Wrote:  The same things everyone has been saying. It was just a build up of everything. It wasnt one specific thing. Are people really waiting to hear it was like one moment or action that caused it? Life doesnt really work that way. It was lack of success, Dad wasnt happy, upset about girlfriend, his whole recruiting class has basically left. etc . .

he said the breakup made AN stop and re-evaluate everything and that Austin is a "friend" and that he thinks the girl and Austin are back together. And that he is not leaving "directly" because of Josh.

Basically he (martin) is dancing...
07-08-2015 09:45 AM
Advertisement

k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Donators
I wonder what Austin said to his teammates, if anything.
07-08-2015 09:49 AM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
(07-08-2015 09:49 AM)k2tigers Wrote:  I wonder what Austin said to his teammates, if anything.

You mean the guys who came in with him?
07-08-2015 09:52 AM
uofmcamaro Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-08-2015 09:45 AM)tiger2000 Wrote:  

he said the breakup made AN stop and re-evaluate everything and that Austin is a "friend" and that he thinks the girl and Austin are back together. And that he is not leaving "directly" because of Josh.

Dancing indeed...cause all of that together makes little sense.
07-08-2015 09:54 AM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

(07-08-2015 09:54 AM)uofmcamaro Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 09:45 AM)tiger2000 Wrote:  

Dancing indeed...cause all of that together makes little sense.

Actually a little of each makes the most sense.

Is it ALL about a girl? Likely no.

Is it ALL about Pastner. Likely no.

Is it ALL because he may feel a disconnect with the current roster? Likely no.

Is it ALL because he doesn't think playing at Memphis will give him the exposure he needs? Likely no.

So, since ONE thing isn't the sole factor, it IS likely a combination of several factors.
07-08-2015 09:59 AM
BigTigerMike Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(07-08-2015 09:44 AM)uofmcamaro Wrote:  

I can understand all of that....but man, the timing of it all in that case. If it was a build up like that then why not do this 3 months ago. Why now?

That's my thing too......he and his dad knew about all of this at the end of the season minus the breaking up with his girl situation. Why suddenly do it now after recruiting was over, not there was another Austin Nichols out there mind you
07-08-2015 10:01 AM
Advertisement

salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

(07-08-2015 10:01 AM)BigTigerMike Wrote:  

That's my thing too......he and his dad knew about all of this at the end of the season minus the breaking up with his girl situation. Why suddenly do it now after recruiting was over, not there was another Austin Nichols out there mind you

Why is errybody so hung up on the July stuff? Pastner booted off Woodson and Damien in August and no one felt bad. Kedren came in last August.
07-08-2015 10:03 AM
holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

Just another case in which we'll probably know the whole story. And that may be a good thing.
07-08-2015 10:12 AM
80sTiger Offline
Why Am I Stuck on 'Water Engineer' ?

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
I think there's something else here no one is able or willing to discuss publicly ... perhaps acted as a catalyst for the decision on top of the other things.
07-08-2015 10:17 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
(07-08-2015 10:03 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  

Why is errybody so hung up on the July stuff? Pastner booted off Woodson and Damien in August and no one felt bad. Kedren came in last August.

You know why
07-08-2015 10:26 AM
uofmcamaro Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-08-2015 10:03 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  

It's kinda one thing when a coach sees things headed south and boots someone as opposed to (supposedly) not knowing there is any issues and getting blindsided. Hence the "no release because of no meeting/talking to the coach"?
07-08-2015 10:30 AM
Advertisement

Bill83 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Megyn Kelly

Donators
As the father of a 27,25 & 19 y.o. it all makes perfect sense except the not talking to your coach part.

Much of the thought process will never be public info.

Check the box, get your release.
07-08-2015 10:39 AM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

(07-08-2015 10:30 AM)uofmcamaro Wrote:  It's kinda one thing when a coach sees things headed south and boots someone as opposed to (supposedly) not knowing there is any issues and getting blindsided. Hence the "no release because of no meeting/talking to the coach"?

Two days before Pastner booted Woodson, he said this:

“Talent-wise, I really believe he’s better than Shaq Goodwin and Austin Nichols,” Pastner said. “The biggest thing with him is making sure he stays in shape … and obviously being able — it’s all about his attitude and being able to think positive.”
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2015 10:48 AM by salukiblue.)
07-08-2015 10:40 AM
Stammers Offline
Legend

(07-08-2015 10:40 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  Two days before Pastner booted Woodson, he said this:

“Talent-wise, I really believe he’s better than Shaq Goodwin and Austin Nichols,” Pastner said. “The biggest thing with him is making sure he stays in shape … and obviously being able — it’s all about his attitude and being able to think positive.”

Cool. Thanks.
07-08-2015 10:43 AM
TigerSeth Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
(07-08-2015 10:40 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  Two days before Pastner booted Woodson, he said this:

That is just wonderful...bravo sir.
07-08-2015 10:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.