Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rank the Stadiums for 2015
Bookmark and Share
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
I'm tired of reading the never ending threads about realignment....

Lets rank the C-USA Stadiums heading into the 2015 football season, and add comments about what you like or don't.

Here is how I would rank them:

1. (Rice) Rice Stadium- Historic stadium. Even hosted the Super Bowl.
[Image: rice13_top.jpg]

2. (UTEP) The Sun Bowl- Home to one of the oldest bowl games. Great views.
[Image: sun13_top.jpg]

3. (Marshall) Edwards Stadium- 38,000 seat on campus stadium that draws well.
[Image: joan-edwards-stadium-head.jpg]

4. (Southern Miss) "The Rock"- 36,000 seat on campus stadium that draws well.
[Image: roberts13_top.jpg]

5. (North Texas) Apogee Stadium- New and Nice, with great tailgating space.
[Image: apogee10.jpg]

6. (UTSA) Alamo Dome- Pro caliber stadium in a town without a pro team.
[Image: alamo13_top.jpg]

7. (ODU) Foreman Field- Small but nicely designed.
[Image: foreman14_top.jpg]

8. (LA Tech) Joe Aillet Stadium- Aging well. Doesn't look like a 47 year old stadium.
[Image: joe13_top.jpg]

9. (FAU) FAU Stadium- Nice well designed stadium... with palm trees.
[Image: 9675960.jpeg]

10. (Middle Tennessee) Floyd Stadium- Rebuilt within the past 20 years.
[Image: floyd13_top.jpg]

11. (WKU) LT Smith Stadium- Expanded to 25,000 seats in 2008.
[Image: ltsmith13_top.jpg]

12. (FIU) FIU Stadium- Not bad, but in my opinion, not as nice as FAU's.
[Image: fiu13_top.jpg]

13. (UAB) Legion Field- (Even though they won't be fielding a team this season, I thought I'd include them) It's a rough looking joint, but at least UAB still has life.
[Image: legion13_top.jpg]

How do you rank them?
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2015 08:59 PM by Side Show Joe.)
07-03-2015 08:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FIU4Ever Offline

I Root For: FIU
RE: Rank the Stadiums for 2015
(07-03-2015 08:37 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  I'm tired of reading the never ending threads about realignment....

Lets rank the C-USA Stadiums heading into the 2015 football season, and add comments about what you like or don't.

8. (LA Tech) Joe Aillet Stadium- Aging well. Doesn't look like a 47 year old stadium.

11. (WKU) LT Smith Stadium- Expanded to 25,000 seats in 2008

12. (FIU) FIU Stadium- Not bad, but in my opinion, not as nice as FIU's

13. (UAB) Legion Field- (Even though they won't be fielding a team this season, I thought I'd include them) It's a rough looking joint, but at least UAB still has life.

How do you rank them?

I disagree, I think FIU stadium is just as nice as FIU stadium 05-stirthepot
07-03-2015 08:52 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
(07-03-2015 08:52 PM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  
(07-03-2015 08:37 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  How do you rank them?

I disagree, I think FIU stadium is just as nice as FIU stadium 05-stirthepot

LOL. Fixed that for you.
07-03-2015 09:03 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Thanks for including Legion Field. Remember, it was state-of-the-art during the Coolidge administration.

That's right. Silent Cal.

[Image: 421px-Calvin_Coolidge-Garo.jpg]
07-03-2015 09:08 PM
Monarchist13 Offline

I Root For: ODU
(07-03-2015 08:37 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  1. (Rice) Rice Stadium
2. (UTEP) The Sun Bowl
3. (Marshall) Edwards Stadium
4. (Southern Miss) "The Rock"
5. (North Texas) Apogee Stadium
6. (UTSA) Alamo Dome
7. (ODU) Foreman Field
8. (LA Tech) Joe Aillet Stadium
9. (FAU) FAU Stadium
10. (Middle Tennessee) Floyd Stadium
11. (WKU) LT Smith Stadium
12. (FIU) FIU Stadium
13. (UAB) Legion Field
How do you rank them?

I'm not sure but I would definitely include Charlotte.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2015 07:24 AM by Monarchist13.)
07-04-2015 06:23 AM
CyrusJS Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WKU
Obviously I'm a homer, but even though WKU's stadium isn't the biggest (or anywhere near it), the stadium is extremely nice. I dare say it's the "nicest" stadium in terms of quality in the conference. It's not all aluminum bleachers like some, and it's not ugly grey concrete. And the noise level is off the charts.

Not to mention the tailgates on WKU's campus are extremely nice.

But like I said I'm biased. 03-wink

I hope some of you guys are able to make the trip at some point. You won't be disappointed.
07-04-2015 08:35 AM
Advertisement

FlyHawk98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
(07-04-2015 08:35 AM)SigNuTopper Wrote:  Obviously I'm a homer, but even though WKU's stadium isn't the biggest (or anywhere near it), the stadium is extremely nice. I dare say it's the "nicest" stadium in terms of quality in the conference. It's not all aluminum bleachers like some, and it's not ugly grey concrete. And the noise level is off the charts.

I hope some of you guys are able to make the trip at some point. You won't be disappointed.

I'm also biased, but I don't think your stadium is in the same league as ours (other than both being in CUSA lol.) My gosh, your home side looks like a AAA high school stadium. There is nothing in either end zone.

How many sell outs do you guys have in your history?
07-04-2015 08:57 AM
doughtyrowdy Offline
2nd String

(07-04-2015 08:35 AM)SigNuTopper Wrote:  Obviously I'm a homer, but even though WKU's stadium isn't the biggest (or anywhere near it), the stadium is extremely nice. I dare say it's the "nicest" stadium in terms of quality in the conference. It's not all aluminum bleachers like some, and it's not ugly grey concrete. And the noise level is off the charts.

I think the expansion improved Smith. When the track still circled the field, the lower deck seats where awful due to the field being so far away. Now, every seat is on top of the action. I Just wish they would get rid of those stupid tents in the Big Red Way end zone and bring back the cannon that some frat fired after every score. Great accent after a hard-fought TD
07-04-2015 09:30 AM
wh49er Offline
All American

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(07-03-2015 08:37 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  I'm tired of reading the never ending threads about realignment....

11. (WKU) LT Smith Stadium- Expanded to 25,000 seats in 2008.

12. (FIU) FIU Stadium- Not bad, but in my opinion, not as nice as FAU's.

How do you rank them?

So you have been to all of them?
07-04-2015 10:14 AM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(07-04-2015 08:57 AM)FlyHawk98 Wrote:  

I'm also biased, but I don't think your stadium is in the same league as ours (other than both being in CUSA lol.) My gosh, your home side looks like a AAA high school stadium. There is nothing in either end zone.

Believe me Marshall's stadium is a dump... at least on the visitor side. A dump.

Since you never been to Western's you really wouldn't know anything about the stadium. Yes it's small but unlike a lot of schools (including Marshall) Western went with more of a "big boy" look smaller but still more of a real stadium when you are walking up to it ...when spending money than just adding metal seats that never get sit in.

I know I'm going to open up a whole can of worms but to be honest Marshall has the nastiest looking campus that's I've seen...now it was Nov and Feb when I saw it but the whole freaking campus gives off a rust belt look.

As for your last question...2 sell outs in the last 3 years

now tell me how many has Marshall had when West Virgina wasn't one of the teams? I can tell you this Marshall averaged 24,300 since the stadium opened. Believe me when I say this...I've been there...Marshal could have used the money a lot better than just adding seats to be adding seats. Hell unless WVU was playing you sure didn't need all of them...

the rest of the stadium could have used the money...that's for sure

[Image: marshall_zpsapgie7dz.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2015 10:40 AM by WKUYG.)
07-04-2015 10:36 AM
MarshallHerdFanz Offline
1st String

(07-04-2015 10:36 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  

Believe me Marshall's stadium is a dump... at least on the visitor side. A dump.

Since you never been to Western's you really wouldn't know anything about the stadium. Yes it's small but unlike a lot of schools (including Marshall) Western went with more of a "big boy" look smaller but still more of a real stadium when you are walking up to it ...when spending money than just adding metal seats that never get sit in.

I know I'm going to open up a whole can of worms but to be honest Marshall has the nastiest looking campus that's I've seen...now it was Nov and Feb when I saw it but the whole freaking campus gives off a rust belt look.

now tell me how many has Marshall had when West Virgina wasn't one of the teams? I can tell you this Marshall averaged 24,300 since the stadium opened. Believe me when I say this...I've been there...Marshal could have used the money a lot better than just adding seats to be adding seats. Hell unless WVU was playing you should didn't need them...

Your ******* joking I hope. The campus is incredibly beautiful when there is a foot of snow on the ground, or all the time the other three seasons. I love the Joan and hope we play in it for another 100 years. Could use some design wrap against the concerte walls, but it's a great stadium. If WKU has such better facilities why did it take them 10 years after Marshall to get into Conference USA and even FBS football.
07-04-2015 10:41 AM
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(07-04-2015 10:41 AM)MarshallHerdFanz Wrote:  
(07-04-2015 10:36 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  

now tell me how many has Marshall had when West Virgina wasn't one of the teams? I can tell you this Marshall averaged 24,300 since the stadium opened. Believe me when I say this...I've been there...Marshal could have used the money a lot better than just adding seats to be adding seats. Hell unless WVU was playing you should didn't need them...

Your ******* joking I hope. The campus is incredibly beautiful when there is a foot of snow on the ground, or all the time the other three seasons. I love the Joan and hope we play in it for another 100 years. Could use some design wrap against the concerte walls, but it's a great stadium. If WKU has such better facilities why did it take them 10 years after Marshall to get into Conference USA and even FBS football.

Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

To me the Marshall campus is a eye sore. As for your last question...one doesn't have anything to do with the other.

I've been to many many many football stadiums and Marshall's look like a depressing dump of crap walking up to it. The inside doesn't look much better.
07-04-2015 10:47 AM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(07-04-2015 10:36 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  ...

Yes the quote is empty because you have not one redeeming quality about you. WKUs stadium is worse than a dump, Bowling Green as a town sucks worse than Toledo OH, Bowling Green OH or DeKalb IL. Your stadium holds just over 22K and you can't fill it. Your football team has been bad to slightly mediocre since you moved to IA.

Congratz you beat us last year because our D- played absolutely horrible for 30 mins. You barely beat a 7-5 CMU team 49-48, that you were up on 42-14 at the half. If CMU would have kicked the extra point instead of going for two I belive you would have been beaten.

My guess is you win no more than 7-8 games again this year.

This isn't the 1st time you have put Marshall, Huntington or WV down. Now welcome to my ignore list.
07-04-2015 11:28 AM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(07-04-2015 11:28 AM)HerdZoned Wrote:  
(07-04-2015 10:36 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  ...

Yes the quote is empty because you have not one redeeming quality about you. WKUs stadium is worse than a dump, Bowling Green as a town sucks worse than Toledo OH, Bowling Green OH or DeKalb IL. Your stadium holds just over 22K and you can't fill it. Your football team has been bad to slightly mediocre since you moved to IA.

Congratz you beat us last year because our D- played absolutely horrible for 30 mins. You barely beat a 7-5 CMU team 49-48, that you were up on 42-14 at the half. If CMU would have kicked the extra point instead of going for two I belive you would have been beaten.

My guess is you win no more than 7-8 games again this year.

This isn't the 1st time you have put Marshall, Huntington or WV down. Now welcome to my ignore list.

Put me on your list...my god you act like a freaking 5 year old. Marshall fans keep bring up the win by Western...

not Western fans, other than to say it was our first top 25 win.

You whine and freaking cry like a baby LOL

I wasn't just saying what I said to "hurt your little feelings and made you cry" I was being honest.....

walking up to the Marshall stadium gives off the look of a crappy dump...It must have been designed by the same people that designed and built the many many many prisons in this area. It's almost like they started with this and cut gates into it and put seats on top

[Image: aim_prison.jpg?w=1038&h=576&crop=1]

[Image: 800px-MarshallStadium1.jpg]

[Image: 800px-TheJoan.jpg]

have a great 4th I've got to run
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2015 11:59 AM by WKUYG.)
07-04-2015 11:37 AM
RonBurgundy Offline
Channel 4 News Team

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
My list based off stadiums I've actually been to.

1. Apogee Stadium (North Texas). It's the newest stadium so of course it should win a contest of whose is the nicest. Walking across the interstate bridge to the stadium was another cool feature.
2. M.M. Roberts Stadium (Southern Miss). I really like the end zone addition, hopefully our new one will fit in as well as USM's does with the stadium. Nice fans and really nice college atmosphere around the stadium.
3. Joan C. Edwards Stadium (Marshall). The full length press box was a nice touch as well as the end zone facility. Didn't get a good chance to really explore due to crappy weather at the CUSA championship game. My only knock on my experience in Huntington was the Rust Belt vibe everywhere. The people in Huntington were extremely nice especially the night before the game at Fat Patty's.
4. Joe Alliet Stadium (Louisiana Tech). I put the Joe last because I'm the most critical of it. I really like our jumbo screen in the north end zone, the free food and TV's in Argent Pavilion, and tailgating around the stadium and on the hill near the TAC. My big knocks on the Joe is the concessions and bathrooms, they really need to be renovated. Also I hope they have fixed the video board sound quality from last year cause it sucked. I'm really excited to see what the new south end zone complex will do to improve the atmosphere this year.

Hopefully, I'll get to add WKU and Rice to the list this season.
07-04-2015 12:15 PM
FlyHawk98 Offline
1st String

Yeah look.

You can only see about half of our stadium and its still bigger than WKU's.

Funny, our average attendance in our stadium (which includes time in FCS) is still more than your current stadium even holds. Let that sink in.

Your press box doesn't even compare to ours. Do you guys have just that one little jumbotron? I'm also confident we have more chair back seating, and I know our tickets cost more.

Our largest crowd almost doubles the size of your stadium.....let that sink in.
07-04-2015 12:21 PM
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(07-04-2015 12:21 PM)FlyHawk98 Wrote:  Yeah look.

You can only see about half of our stadium and its still bigger than WKU's.

Funny, our average attendance in our stadium (which includes time in FCS) is still more than your current stadium even holds. Let that sink in.

Your press box doesn't even compare to ours. Do you guys have just that one little jumbotron? I'm also confident we have more chair back seating, and I know our tickets cost more.

Our largest crowd almost doubles the size of your stadium.....let that sink in.

None of that changes the facts I said...

it's still a depressing looking dump of a priso...stadium and nothing you can say will change that.

Good for Marshall...averaging 24,000 fans in a 38,000 priso...stadium. Like I said that money could have been spent a lot better...

then just played West Virgina on a Neutral field because that's the only time you need those seats. The prison looks 100 years old when in fact it's only 24
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2015 12:28 PM by WKUYG.)
07-04-2015 12:26 PM
Saint Greg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(07-04-2015 12:15 PM)RonBurgundy Wrote:  My list based off stadiums I've actually been to.

1. Apogee Stadium (North Texas). It's the newest stadium so of course it should win a contest of whose is the nicest. Walking across the interstate bridge to the stadium was another cool feature.
2. M.M. Roberts Stadium (Southern Miss). I really like the end zone addition, hopefully our new one will fit in as well as USM's does with the stadium. Nice fans and really nice college atmosphere around the stadium.
3. Joan C. Edwards Stadium (Marshall). The full length press box was a nice touch as well as the end zone facility. Didn't get a good chance to really explore due to crappy weather at the CUSA championship game. My only knock on my experience in Huntington was the Rust Belt vibe everywhere. The people in Huntington were extremely nice especially the night before the game at Fat Patty's.
4. Joe Alliet Stadium (Louisiana Tech). I put the Joe last because I'm the most critical of it. I really like our jumbo screen in the north end zone, the free food and TV's in Argent Pavilion, and tailgating around the stadium and on the hill near the TAC. My big knocks on the Joe is the concessions and bathrooms, they really need to be renovated. Also I hope they have fixed the video board sound quality from last year cause it sucked. I'm really excited to see what the new south end zone complex will do to improve the atmosphere this year.

Hopefully, I'll get to add WKU and Rice to the list this season.

New turf this year as well

[Image: CI9AoLxUEAAcYxR.jpg]
07-04-2015 12:28 PM
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
I have not been to many CUSA opponents stadiums. I have been to many OOC however, including a myriad of p5 schools. I love the Joan, and against any decent opponent, around 30k shows up and it is very loud, and a great gameday environment, with tailgating everywhere in campus, and more importantly, very welcoming and hospitable host fans, that most, if not all, would tell you are among the nicest they have ever met.

I will probably make the trip to Bowling Green this year and check out WKUs stadium, and Ill also make it to Charlotte, and ODU next year so we will see.

But WKU guy, you can't seriously talk smack when your stadium is a ghost town and you currently have the best QB you'll ever have there. Not talking about tickets sold, stadium looked and sounded terrible on TV.
07-04-2015 12:45 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(07-04-2015 12:45 PM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  I have not been to many CUSA opponents stadiums. I have been to many OOC however, including a myriad of p5 schools. I love the Joan, and against any decent opponent, around 30k shows up and it is very loud, and a great gameday environment, with tailgating everywhere in campus, and more importantly, very welcoming and hospitable host fans, that most, if not all, would tell you are among the nicest they have ever met.

I will probably make the trip to Bowling Green this year and check out WKUs stadium, and Ill also make it to Charlotte, and ODU next year so we will see.

But WKU guy, you can't seriously talk smack when your stadium is a ghost town and you currently have the best QB you'll ever have there. Not talking about tickets sold, stadium looked and sounded terrible on TV.

Let me explain something to you Marshall list PAID attendance just like everyone else.

24000 out of 38000 is 63% full
19000 out of 23000 is 82% full

I've not watched many Marshall home games but a stadium that's 37% empty and that's with "listed" attendance looks just as bad as anyone else.

But none of that matters in how your stadium actually looks...

like a dummpy depressing prison

You know you hit a nerve when fans start putting you on "their list" and giving you negative points for telling the truth about something...especially one with a -10 LOL keep them up LOL it still wont change the fact your stadium looks like a dump not only that but a depression prison dump. Not only that it just reenforces how as a fanbase some of you are big ole cry babies
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2015 01:10 PM by WKUYG.)
07-04-2015 12:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.