Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

1 Team To Play From Each Conference
Bookmark and Share
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
1 Team To Play From Each Conference
When Liberty moves to FBS, what one team from each conference do you want to play?

AAC- Navy
ACC- Virginia
BIG10- Michigan
BIG12- Texas
C-USA- ODU
MAC- Ohio
MWC- San Diego St.
PAC12- Stanford
SEC- Tennessee
SUNBELT- Appalachian St.
INDY- Notre Dame
06-29-2015 10:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
RE: 1 Team To Play From Each Conference
I will be under the assumption that this is meant to be a yearly rival and that we would only be playing one of these schools a year.

AAC - Central Florida: A Texas team is tempting but I think Central Florida is close to being a P5 school and if we could work together with them, maybe we could get together as a pair. I know it is a long shot and way down the road but it would be best to develop these relationships now. It helps they are growing a more recognized brand name in a great recruiting area that Liberty should take advantage of.

ACC - Florida State: I'd like to play against a premium college football brand yearly and it doesn't get much better than Florida State. Great recruiting territory, great publicity.

Big Ten - Penn State: Another premium college football brand that happens to be not far from Liberty. And it is selfishly my favorite after Liberty since I grew up a fan but there are many reasons to want to play Penn State regardless. Ohio State would be my backup choice.

Big 12 - Texas: Another one of the top college football brands (sense a theme?) in the best recruiting area. This would be our shot to impress the Big 12's most influential school to show them why we'd make a great bridge to WVU (obviously in the future). Oklahoma is a good second choice though.

CUSA - Rice: In Texas, great academics. I'd be afraid that they wouldn't bring fans to Lynchburg but you could make that case for any CUSA school except for the two locals (Marshall, ODU).

MAC - Northern Illinois?: This was a real toss up. I don't particularly get excited for any MAC schools, but I do recognize they have a solid regional conference. Northern Illinois has been great lately so playing them yearly would be a good measure of strength and get good exposure near Chicago.

MWC - Boise State?: Another toss up for me. Boise wins out based on their national draw but it would be hard to pass up yearly contests against California schools, specifically San Diego State and Fresno State.

Pac 12 - Southern California?: Another toss up between the California schools. Each has their perks, but Southern Cal is the easiest to root against so they are my vote.

SEC - Florida: There are many good strategic schools to play yearly but I'd choose Florida, even though they never play non-conference games away from the state of Florida unless it is a neutral site or extremely rare. Alabama would be good as a national brand, Georgia and Texas A&M for their recruiting, and Tennessee, Vanderbilt, and Kentucky for their relative closeness. I do think this is Liberty's "endgame" for where they eventually want to end up and they better be making their moves now before the conference fills up. Luckily, Liberty is located in a centralized location that would broaden the horizon in a logical way for the SEC, Big Ten, Big 12, and the ACC if they had to replace Virginia Tech or Virginia.

Sunbelt - Georgia State: Great recruiting location, could be a peer to Liberty and a good school to "partner" with like Central Florida, and they are quite beatable. Though I'm not a fan of playing any Sunbelt school if we were to go FBS in another conference. Call me bitter. If we were independent I'd only play a Sunbelt school if they agreed to a home/home or just home for us.

Independent - Notre Dame: Was there any question? Jerry Sr's vision coming true to compete against Notre Dame in football.
07-02-2015 07:58 PM
Cider Jim Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Liberty
CUSA:
I'd alternate between Marshall and ODU, both schools off of I-64 in different directions, only about 4-5 hours away, which is certainly doable for road trips.
07-05-2015 05:06 PM
Advertisement

SlyFox Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty
Have you enrolled in grad school program at ODU, CJ? Otherwise I cannot believe my eyes of you not being all over the Herd.
07-06-2015 06:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
Those are some good games. It didn't have to be an annual rival, just a team you'd want Liberty to face in FBS at least once from different conferences. I think the only teams I'd actually want to develop a regular series with are Notre Dame, BYU, Army, Navy, Air Force, ODU, Virginia, Va. Tech, Baylor and maybe some NC or WV schools.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2015 07:55 PM by army56mike.)
07-08-2015 07:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.