Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fox Sports top candidates for B12
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

I Root For: UCF
USA Today George Schroeder, Bruce Feldman, and Stewart Mandel discuss Boren and top candidates for B12 expansion. The Reader's Digest version is they name UC, BYU, UCF, and Memphis as top candidates.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-footbal...ast-062615
06-29-2015 07:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
RE: Fox Sports top candidates for B12
(06-29-2015 07:07 PM)jaredf29 Wrote:  USA Today George Schroeder, Bruce Feldman, and Stewart Mandel discuss Boren and top candidates for B12 expansion. The Reader's Digest version is they name UC, BYU, UCF, and Memphis as top candidates.

All will be in the B12....after Texoma 4 bolt

of course the contract will be redone and be worth half, but the AAC teams and BYU will win
06-29-2015 07:13 PM
Shox Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Wichita State
The Big 12 brass does not want any "commuter" schools in the conference which is the reason UC and UL are not in it today. It is arrogance at its finest. OU and KU will go to the B1G, while UT and Tech head west. At that point Memphis, UC, Houston USF, and UCF will get the call and we will start the death cycle once again. Within a few years the SEC will want more markets and if it can't poach the ACC, that leaves OSU, KSU, and WVU as the only worthy expansion candidates and we will basically be left with CUSA 8.0 as they all try to continue and win the lottery. It is funny but with all the changes we have had, only 3 schools have joined the P5 (Louisville, TCU, and Utah while only 2 or maybe 3 schools have actually worsened their position (UC, UCONN and perhaps BYU.) UCONN being the one with the largest grievance but also best hope to join the P5.
06-29-2015 07:37 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(06-29-2015 07:37 PM)Shox Wrote:  The Big 12 brass does not want any "commuter" schools in the conference which is the reason UC and UL are not in it today. It is arrogance at its finest. OU and KU will go to the B1G, while UT and Tech head west. At that point Memphis, UC, Houston USF, and UCF will get the call and we will start the death cycle once again. Within a few years the SEC will want more markets and if it can't poach the ACC, that leaves OSU, KSU, and WVU as the only worthy expansion candidates and we will basically be left with CUSA 8.0 as they all try to continue and win the lottery. It is funny but with all the changes we have had, only 3 schools have joined the P5 (Louisville, TCU, and Utah while only 2 or maybe 3 schools have actually worsened their position (UC, UCONN and perhaps BYU.) UCONN being the one with the largest grievance but also best hope to join the P5.

UConn and Cincinnati are in a better position than they were in 2004.
06-29-2015 07:53 PM
Okielite Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cowboys
(06-29-2015 07:37 PM)Shox Wrote:  The Big 12 brass does not want any "commuter" schools in the conference which is the reason UC and UL are not in it today. It is arrogance at its finest. OU and KU will go to the B1G, while UT and Tech head west. At that point Memphis, UC, Houston USF, and UCF will get the call and we will start the death cycle once again. Within a few years the SEC will want more markets and if it can't poach the ACC, that leaves OSU, KSU, and WVU as the only worthy expansion candidates and we will basically be left with CUSA 8.0 as they all try to continue and win the lottery. It is funny but with all the changes we have had, only 3 schools have joined the P5 (Louisville, TCU, and Utah while only 2 or maybe 3 schools have actually worsened their position (UC, UCONN and perhaps BYU.) UCONN being the one with the largest grievance but also best hope to join the P5.
Based off what exactly?
Has any conference even named them as a top candidate? Don't' meet B1G academic requirements or have a blue blood FB program- Sorry that's a no go. ACC has already passed on UConn several times with no reason to believe they are interested in another basketball brand with weak football. It's a longshot at best in the Big 12. I don't see reason to think they are an automatic for the next spot. If any school should expect an invite that it's Cinci IMO as they fit the BIg 12 and ACC better.
06-29-2015 07:55 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
(06-29-2015 07:07 PM)jaredf29 Wrote:  USA Today George Schroeder, Bruce Feldman, and Stewart Mandel discuss Boren and top candidates for B12 expansion. The Reader's Digest version is they name UC, BYU, UCF, and Memphis as top candidates.

These things change all the time. If Cincinnati went 2-10 three years in a row, they'd be ignored. Ditto Memphis, etc.
06-29-2015 08:00 PM
Advertisement

Titans3775 Offline
All American

I Root For: Nuclear Power
(06-29-2015 08:00 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  

These things change all the time. If Cincinnati went 2-10 three years in a row, they'd be ignored. Ditto Memphis, etc.

Not gonna lie we just did that lol
06-29-2015 08:15 PM
Justme Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Mizzou

I could see the SEC getting UT and OU; B1G getting kU and WVU / UCONN / ? Then ACC would get whomever the B1G does not pick. That would leave the PAC to pick 4 from TTU, TCU, BU, OSU, UH, BYU, UNM or UNMS, KSU, ISU or unknown mystery school. I could see the PAC taking TTU, UH, OSU and ? TTU and UH would cover the whole state and you are not picking up any private schools. OSU with T-Boone's money makes sense and makes for a tight pod. Could go with a NM school to get the most states. Just a thought.
06-29-2015 08:21 PM
chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
UT will not follow "Aggy" to the SEC. They will join the ACC as ESPN will negotiate the fate of the Longhorn Network with itself.

If there is no room in the ACC for Oklahoma, they go B1G with Kansas.

The ACC and B1G don't like WVU's academics, which means they go SEC, who might be content to stop at 15 if the new CCG rules allow it. They probably grab Oklahoma State for new TV sets if they have to go to 16 members.

If the ACC has to go 16/18 to pull of the coup, it will take another Texas school and Iowa State (only AAU school remaining) to build out the western part of its footprint.

The Pac 12 takes out the trash with Texas Tech, TCU/Baylor, Kansas State, and one of Houston, Tulsa, or Rice rounds out the Pac 16 East.

The ACC could substitute Cincinnati for Iowa State, which would then free them up for the Pac 16 in place of a G5 school.
06-29-2015 08:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Justme Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Mizzou
(06-29-2015 08:45 PM)chargeradio Wrote:  UT will not follow "Aggy" to the SEC. They will join the ACC as ESPN will negotiate the fate of the Longhorn Network with itself.

The ACC and B1G don't like WVU's academics, which means they go SEC, who might be content to stop at 15 if the new CCG rules allow it. They probably grab Oklahoma State for new TV sets if they have to go to 16 members.

If the ACC has to go 16/18 to pull of the coup, it will take another Texas school and Iowa State (only AAU school remaining) to build out the western part of its footprint.

The Pac 12 takes out the trash with Texas Tech, TCU/Baylor, Kansas State, and one of Houston, Tulsa, or Rice rounds out the Pac 16 East.

The ACC could substitute Cincinnati for Iowa State, which would then free them up for the Pac 16 in place of a G5 school.

I can see UT going to ACC with ESPN's help. But then they will be alone. I don't think you go past 16 and ND will get the 15th spot. I do not see ISU getting the call.

I think it could be a real fight between the SEC and B1G to get OU. OU recruits TX and if the choice is between SEC w/ Aggy and B1G with only northern school; it is a real toss up.

I don't think that WVU will get an SEC invite. Remember that the last SEC expansion featured A&M and Mizzou; with both having AAU membership. It is a big deal for the SEC to have AAU members too. WVU could easily be the odd man out.
06-29-2015 09:16 PM
OldGoldnBlue Offline
1st String

I Root For: WVU
WVU will end up in the ACC when its all said and done. WVU now has more allies in the ACC then they've ever had and they threw the academics argument out the window when they added UL(WVU and UL had the same academic ranking when UL was added).
06-29-2015 09:53 PM
Advertisement

Okielite Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cowboys
(06-29-2015 09:53 PM)OldGoldnBlue Wrote:  WVU will end up in the ACC when its all said and done. WVU now has more allies in the ACC then they've ever had and they threw the academics argument out the window when they added UL(WVU and UL had the same academic ranking when UL was added).

I think it would be best for WVU and fans. Backyard brawl, V-Tech, Louisville, etc are very interesting games. My guess is that you end up in the ACC when Texas goes indy. UT/OU/KU will end up having to create landing spots for current Big 12 members to avoid lawsuits so UT takes 4 full members with it to the ACC and singlehandedly takes care of half the conference.
06-29-2015 10:16 PM
Frank the Tank Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Illinois/DePaul
I very much doubt that Texas would join the ACC as a *full* member - they'd definitely go to the Pac-12 (and probably the Big Ten) before the ACC for *full* membership.

Now, Texas going independent for football and signing on to the ACC for non-football sports like Notre Dame is an entirely different matter. That might very well be a possibility, especially if they find themselves in a situation where Oklahoma and Kansas bail on the Big 12.
06-29-2015 10:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mr. Derfman Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Power Football
(06-29-2015 10:34 PM)Frank the Tank Wrote:  I very much doubt that Texas would join the ACC as a *full* member - they'd definitely go to the Pac-12 (and probably the Big Ten) before the ACC for *full* membership.

Now, Texas going independent for football and signing on to the ACC for non-football sports like Notre Dame is an entirely different matter. That might very well be a possibility, especially if they find themselves in a situation where Oklahoma and Kansas bail on the Big 12.

I think the independent model is slowly being phased out at the P5 level. I give it less than 10 years (I really believe 5 years top) and you will see ND as a full member of the ACC. If you agree that Texas is going to the ACC as an independant, than you must believe the end game is to join the ACC as a full memeber in a short matter of time or there is no point in doing a partial memebership. I believe this because i think the end game is for the P5 to become the P4. There's just no room for anyone outside those conferences.
06-29-2015 10:52 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
(06-29-2015 08:45 PM)chargeradio Wrote:  UT will not follow "Aggy" to the SEC. They will join the ACC as ESPN will negotiate the fate of the Longhorn Network with itself.

Rice, Tulane, Buffalo, Stony Brook and Cal-Davis are the last AAU schools right now not in a P5 conference.

PAC 12 will not take what you call trash. The big would be Oklahoma and Texas. If they can't have them? Then the others will be rejected, and they will take MWC schools to go to 16.
06-30-2015 02:54 AM
Hank Schrader Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
(06-29-2015 07:53 PM)bullet Wrote:  

UConn and Cincinnati are in a better position than they were in 2004.

How?
06-30-2015 06:03 AM
Advertisement

chess Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU & Nebraska
If the Big XII is talking expansion, it may be a set up to allow some teams to leave.

The Big properties are Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas.

I am going to agree with the speculation that Kansas and Oklahoma make their way to the Big Ten and Texas joins the ACC for all sports except football (with agreement for 5 football games a year).

Texas, Notre Dame, and BYU, if remaining independent, will find some way to schedule each other yearly. Throw in some regional games and you may have a plan.
06-30-2015 06:39 AM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
(06-29-2015 10:52 PM)Mr. Derfman Wrote:  
(06-29-2015 10:34 PM)Frank the Tank Wrote:  I very much doubt that Texas would join the ACC as a *full* member - they'd definitely go to the Pac-12 (and probably the Big Ten) before the ACC for *full* membership.

I think the independent model is slowly being phased out at the P5 level. I give it less than 10 years (I really believe 5 years top) and you will see ND as a full member of the ACC. If you agree that Texas is going to the ACC as an independant, than you must believe the end game is to join the ACC as a full memeber in a short matter of time or there is no point in doing a partial memebership. I believe this because i think the end game is for the P5 to become the P4. There's just no room for anyone outside those conferences.

I disagree with you about both ND and Texas. Time will tell.
06-30-2015 06:47 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(06-29-2015 10:52 PM)Mr. Derfman Wrote:  

It's difficult to say if football independence will work out long-term.

Meanwhile, I'd love to see Texas as an ACC partial member, especially if it means adding some quality teams to the ACC. I'd take WVU for sure, along with Oklahoma State (I'm assuming ACC does NOT get Oklahoma) and a pair of Texas privates like TCU and Baylor... at that point conference championship game reform would be imperative! (but I assume the Big Ten and SEC also swell up and need the rules changed as well, so it will be easy to get it done)
06-30-2015 07:01 AM
orangefan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
(06-29-2015 07:55 PM)Okielite Wrote:  
Based off what exactly?
Has any conference even named them as a top candidate? Don't' meet B1G academic requirements or have a blue blood FB program- Sorry that's a no go. ACC has already passed on UConn several times with no reason to believe they are interested in another basketball brand with weak football. It's a longshot at best in the Big 12. I don't see reason to think they are an automatic for the next spot. If any school should expect an invite that it's Cinci IMO as they fit the BIg 12 and ACC better.

My recollection is that UConn was next in line if Syracuse or Pitt had turned the ACC down and that they were the presumptive favorite to get Louisville's slot when Maryland went to the B1G. So they've been the bridesmaid a couple of times, it doesn't mean conferences are not interested. They are the state flagship in the largest state without a P5 school, have excellent academics, have an incredible fan base, and would give additional presence in the NYC market to any conference that added them.
06-30-2015 07:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.