Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[Personal Opinion] - If "insert team" doesn't get selected for BXII
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
[Personal Opinion] - If "insert team" doesn't get selected for BXII
If your team doesn't get selected for the Big 12 (you, being a fan of the AAC), then the next best option is for Boise State and BYU to be picked up.

Truth be told, together, those options make a hell of a lot of sense (albeit being western members, when the Big 1/2 said they wanted to go East), but if Boise and BYU get snapped up, that turns the Boise State Show + MWC into the Western MAC.

With no one in our way, we can really make it the P6 much easier. I almost hope this happens.
06-26-2015 04:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
RE: [Personal Opinion] - If "insert team" doesn't get selected for BXII
(06-26-2015 04:22 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  If your team doesn't get selected for the Big 12 (you, being a fan of the AAC), then the next best option is for Boise State and BYU to be picked up.

Truth be told, together, those options make a hell of a lot of sense (albeit being western members, when the Big 1/2 said they wanted to go East), but if Boise and BYU get snapped up, that turns the Boise State Show + MWC into the Western MAC.

With no one in our way, we can really make it the P6 much easier. I almost hope this happens.

if ECU doesn't get picked up, I hope no current AAC members do because a watered down AAC has a much better chance at getting plucked by the MWC as the AAC has at plucking MWC schools. Not sure why people on here think that this current line up-2 will look good to MWC. I admit I don't get it....
06-26-2015 04:26 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
If the B12 doesn't expand then I have two wishes, one short, one long:

short: the AAC adds Boise, SDSU, AF, and Col. state while making a run at BYU as well.

then, after the Texoma four bolt (which is what will happen if the B12 doesn't expand...this means the conference is dying and so the death knell will be Texas, Tech, OU, and OKiSt bolting) then my wish would be for the following to happen:

Baylor, WVA, ISU, TCU, Kst., KU add UC, Memphis, UH, Boise, BYU, and one other team between the AAC and MWC.
06-26-2015 05:30 PM
justinslot Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers&Temple
Heh, I was just thinking of starting a "if any two of us leave--how boned are the rest of us?" thread.

I just don't see what we'll be able to do to attract our Western counterparts--we could barely attract them when Rutgers and Louisville were in the fold. Somebody's got to want to pay some money for a new national tweener league and I have the impression the networks are getting sick of throwing money at college sports. Are there any Russian billionaires with an interest in college football?
06-26-2015 05:55 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(06-26-2015 04:26 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  
(06-26-2015 04:22 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  If your team doesn't get selected for the Big 12 (you, being a fan of the AAC), then the next best option is for Boise State and BYU to be picked up.

if ECU doesn't get picked up, I hope no current AAC members do because a watered down AAC has a much better chance at getting plucked by the MWC as the AAC has at plucking MWC schools. Not sure why people on here think that this current line up-2 will look good to MWC. I admit I don't get it....

Yup. Its bad enough not being picked for a power conference promotion---but whats worse is those left behind are automatically demoted into a worse conference. I'll admit, I will be disappointed if this fate befalls Houston.

Worse yet, I see no way to fix the AAC. Merging with the top 6-10 MW schools would fix it---but why would the MW teams do that since they would be the clear top G5 conference once we lose two of our better schools. I see no additions that help the remaining AAC teams pick up ground on MW football.

I do see a way to rebuild basketball to a significant degree by adding Wichita, Dayton and one other basketball school. One of the reasons I have supported adding these non-football members since the inception of the conference was that it is much easier to grab these teams NOW while we are a very attractive basketball conference. It becomes tougher after you lose a pair of your basketball power teams.

Beyond that, I see no easy fix for football once we lose a pair of top schools . It appears to me that standing pat at 10 for football is the only option beyond adding MW schools. Adding a bunch of Marshall's, NIU's, UMass's, or UTSA's wont close the gap. The one thing this league has is big athletic budgets (for the G5). These alternative options just lower the average budget (quality) of the league. Adding any of them would just turn us into a more watered down version of CUSA 4.0. So, standing pat in football is the only viable plan.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2015 06:05 PM by Attackcoog.)
06-26-2015 05:59 PM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies
(06-26-2015 05:30 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  If the B12 doesn't expand then I have two wishes, one short, one long:

short: the AAC adds Boise, SDSU, AF, and Col. state while making a run at BYU as well.

then, after the Texoma four bolt (which is what will happen if the B12 doesn't expand...this means the conference is dying and so the death knell will be Texas, Tech, OU, and OKiSt bolting) then my wish would be for the following to happen:

Baylor, WVA, ISU, TCU, Kst., KU add UC, Memphis, UH, Boise, BYU, and one other team between the AAC and MWC.
Would UC and Memphis be enough to placate WV? I am thinking they would also want a Florida school in the mix as well.
06-26-2015 06:04 PM
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
Destroying the MWC in order to weaken it should be our #1 goal. Great a western division and easily become the 6th best conference.
06-26-2015 06:05 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

(06-26-2015 06:05 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  Destroying the MWC in order to weaken it should be our #1 goal. Great a western division and easily become the 6th best conference.

lol..."destroying" the MWC would surely "weaken" the MWC
06-26-2015 06:11 PM
UNLVFan90 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UNLV, MWC
You guys seriously believe that if the Big XII takes two top AAC teams, MWC teams would want a part of this conference? Not happening. The MWC would be on the phone with Houston and SMU for membership. Hell, we might even take Tulsa, too.
06-26-2015 06:18 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(06-26-2015 06:18 PM)UNLVFan90 Wrote:  You guys seriously believe that if the Big XII takes two top AAC teams, MWC teams would want a part of this conference? Not happening. The MWC would be on the phone with Houston and SMU for membership. Hell, we might even take Tulsa, too.

I think the thing to do is sit pat, wait for Texas, OU, OksT, and Tech to bolt and then lobby WVA, Kstate, KU, Baylor, ISU, and TCU for admission. AAC and MWC would all have a shot. I bet they would add six...a combo from the AAC and MWC at that point.

it wouldn't be a power conference but the payout would be better than either of us have now in the mwc or aac.

I'm betting this happens before the B12 takes two teams....
06-26-2015 06:20 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
(06-26-2015 06:05 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  Destroying the MWC in order to weaken it should be our #1 goal. Great a western division and easily become the 6th best conference.

Yes, but we can only do that from a position of strength. We're going to have to prove ourselves over the next 5 or 6 years. Then we may be able to poach some schools.

We can't do it while our football rankings are in the gutter.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2015 06:35 PM by UConn-SMU.)
06-26-2015 06:34 PM
Advertisement

8BitPirate Offline
A Man of Wealth and Taste

I Root For: ECU
If ECU doesn't get selected I hope its because we accepted that SEC invite the day before :D
06-26-2015 06:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(06-26-2015 06:04 PM)uhmump95 Wrote:  
(06-26-2015 05:30 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  If the B12 doesn't expand then I have two wishes, one short, one long:

Would UC and Memphis be enough to placate WV? I am thinking they would also want a Florida school in the mix as well.

WV isn't going anywhere, so they would have to be placated.
06-26-2015 07:14 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
(06-26-2015 06:11 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  

Overkill?
06-26-2015 07:28 PM
chess Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU & Nebraska
Whatever teams are left may create a national football only conference with hope of retaining a strength of schedule and an alliance.

The remaining sports may wish to join regional conferences.

Example- If Connecticut does not get chosen, it would try to hook up with a national conference from San Diego to Texas to Florida to the northeast for football and join the Big East for the remaining sports.
06-26-2015 07:50 PM
Bear Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USF
Create two mega divisions between the MWC and the AAC ---> use revenue to self-establish as a pseudo-P5
06-26-2015 08:07 PM
Advertisement

BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
Merge w the Mwc and become a super conf.
06-26-2015 08:30 PM
laser101 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati
I'll root for Cincy no matter where they play, playing and beating top schools from other conferences is what I hope to see UC do on a regular basis in the future.
06-26-2015 10:40 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

(06-26-2015 07:28 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  
(06-26-2015 06:11 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  

Overkill?

haha.. .perhaps a bit. Cheers!
06-26-2015 10:59 PM
toohandsome Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: G4

07-coffee3 Huh, well good luck with that
06-26-2015 11:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.