Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

US Open
Bookmark and Share
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
US Open
My favorite golf tournament every year. I love watching the pros struggle all over the place and really love when you get the person inevitably complaining about course conditions.

BTW Rory in the process of putting together maybe the best final round in major history. Might not be enough but he is just locked in.

06-21-2015 05:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ice cream
RE: US Open
The course is pretty crappy though. When you're getting the ground view of some of these putts the ball is jumping all over the place. It should always be a difficult course, but it shouldn't look like they're pebbles in your ball line more often than not.

06-21-2015 05:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

Anybody see the putt that basically hit a ramp? 03-lmfao

06-21-2015 07:53 PM
bearcatmark Online

One of the best sundays at a major ever. awesome to watch. great drame

06-21-2015 09:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

Absolute choke job. You'd think that guy would know a thing or two about lines.

06-21-2015 09:22 PM
bearcatmark Online

(06-21-2015 09:22 PM)Coopdaddy67 Wrote:  Absolute choke job. You'd think that guy would know a thing or two about lines.

Dj hit great shots most the day but couldn't hit a put. brutal way to lose. Spieth halfway to true grand slam

06-21-2015 09:30 PM
Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-21-2015 09:12 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  One of the best sundays at a major ever. awesome to watch. great drame

Meh. I'll take The Masters and British Open over the US Open every single time.

Like I said earlier, when greens are so poorly constructed that it looks like balls are hitting pebbles and bouncing all around, that isn't a good thing.

06-21-2015 09:32 PM
Advertisement

levydl Offline
All American

I Root For:
I actually played Chambers Bay several years ago. Hard to believe they got an Open so soon after building the thing. It's a great course though, too bad the greens were a mess.

When Johnson had that downhill 12 footer to win I thought, this is crazy, but you have make sure your next one is a tap in, because you do not want a 3 footer on 18 on Sunday at the Open on those greens for the tie. Think he actually might have tried to die it in, but that slope was just ridiculous.

06-22-2015 08:08 AM
Bearcat Otto Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I think he rushed to last put. It looked like he cut his normal routine short and paid the price with a bad put.

06-22-2015 08:20 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(06-21-2015 09:12 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  One of the best sundays at a major ever. awesome to watch. great drame

Agree. I actually spent about 10 hours on the couch this weekend watching. Can't tell you the last time I paid tgis much attention.

Speith is the anti Tiger. Its really refreshing. Seems approachable, thankful and we'll grounded without the entourage treating him like aloof royalty.

Tiger was good for advertising eyeballs but this young man will be great for the sport.

06-22-2015 08:26 AM
Advertisement

BearcatMan Online
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(06-21-2015 09:32 PM)Coopdaddy67 Wrote:  

Meh. I'll take The Masters and British Open over the US Open every single time.

Like I said earlier, when greens are so poorly constructed that it looks like balls are hitting pebbles and bouncing all around, that isn't a good thing.

Here's Ian Poulter's take on the greens...

[Image: us-open-greens-chambers-bay.jpg]

Quote:I look forward to congratulating the 2015 US Open Champion very soon, I simply didn't play well enough to be remotely close. This is not sour grapes or moaning or any of that crap. It simply the truth. Mike Davis the head of the @USGA unfortunately hasn't spoke the truth about the conditions of the greens. I feel very sorry for the hundreds of greens staff who spent countless hours leading into this week and this week doing there best to have it the best they could and I thank them for that. But look at the picture. This was the surface we had to putt on. It is disgraceful that the @USGA hasn't apologized about the greens they simply have said. "we are thrilled the course condition this week". It wasn't a bad golf course, In fact it played well and was playable. What wasn't playable were the green surfaces. If this was a regular PGA tour event lots of players would have withdrawn and gone home on Wednesday, but players won't do that for a major. They were simply the worst most disgraceful surface I have ever seen on any tour in all the years I have played. The US Open deserves better than that. And the extra money that they have earn't this year from @FoxSports, they could easily have relayed the greens so we could have had perfect surfaces. Simply not good enough and deeply disappointing for a tournament of this magnitude. I don't like it when people lie on camera to try and save face. And to all you fans that paid good money to try and watch us play golf but couldn't see anything on most holes because it wasn't possible to stand on huge slopes or see around stands, I apologize and I'm sorry you wasted your money traveling to be disappointed. I hope we all learn something moving forward to not have these problems in the future. Happy Fathers Day.

That picture was from one of the practice greens I believe...looks like a below average public course.

(This post was last modified: 06-22-2015 11:00 AM by BearcatMan.)
06-22-2015 10:59 AM
SW UC Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UC
(06-22-2015 08:26 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  

Agree. I actually spent about 10 hours on the couch this weekend watching. Can't tell you the last time I paid tgis much attention.

Speith is the anti Tiger. Its really refreshing. Seems approachable, thankful and we'll grounded without the entourage treating him like aloof royalty.

Tiger was good for advertising eyeballs but this young man will be great for the sport.

I wouldn't say that yet, money and fame can change a person. Tiger is just like a lot of guys on the tour. Dustin Johnson is a cokehead who screws other players wives. There are plenty of other players who are druggies and drunks.

(This post was last modified: 06-22-2015 12:19 PM by SW UC.)
06-22-2015 12:18 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
(06-22-2015 12:18 PM)SW UC Wrote:  

I wouldn't say that yet, money and fame can change a person. Tiger is just like a lot of guys on the tour. Dustin Johnson is a cokehead who screws other players wives. There are plenty of other players who are druggies and drunks.

Sure . But I really doubt it will be an issue from all of the interviews I have seen since the 2014 Masters. This kid is a breath of fresh air.

06-22-2015 01:06 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators

Sure . But I really doubt it will be an issue from all of the interviews I have seen since the 2014 Masters. This kid is a breath of fresh air.

06-22-2015 01:07 PM
BearcatMan Online
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(06-22-2015 01:07 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  

I think his family has helped ground him. There have been more than a few stories written about his relationship with his sister than makes me think he'll be fine.

06-22-2015 01:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.