Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I think the Memphis Grizzlies should draft ...
Bookmark and Share
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Johnathan Holmes - Texas

In today's NBA he is a perfect "new age" 4 ... he has some stuff he needs to work on (as does every late 1st round rookie) but I think he can be a solid stretch 4 - a poor man's Draymond Green.

Who do you think we should draft?
06-17-2015 02:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

spankadelphia Offline
Banned

RE: I think the Memphis Grizzlies should draft ...
BPA unless it's another shooting guard. Hopefully we can move up and take Hollis Jefferson. I think First Team All D could net us a higher pick.
06-18-2015 12:19 PM
tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(06-18-2015 12:19 PM)spankadelphia Wrote:  BPA unless it's another shooting guard. Hopefully we can move up and take Hollis Jefferson. I think First Team All D could net us a higher pick.

If your suggesting trading tony you have lost your mind.

I think Grizz should draft a big. Need a backup center anyways so why not get one on the draft
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2015 02:52 PM by tigers0830.)
06-18-2015 02:32 PM
Dynamos Offline
Heisman

I Root For: 3 Day Weekends
I like Jerian Grant, Montrelz Harrell, Delon Wright, or Terry Rozier,
06-20-2015 09:13 PM
Dynamos Offline
Heisman

(06-18-2015 02:32 PM)tigers0830 Wrote:  
(06-18-2015 12:19 PM)spankadelphia Wrote:  BPA unless it's another shooting guard. Hopefully we can move up and take Hollis Jefferson. I think First Team All D could net us a higher pick.

I think Grizz should draft a big. Need a backup center anyways so why not get one on the draft

Dudes aging and his trade value is probably high right now. You guys talk as if TA is a Hall of Famer or something. He isnt indispensable
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2015 09:17 PM by Dynamos.)
06-20-2015 09:16 PM
gotigers1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers!
The Grizzlies have had a horrible history of drafting players, so whoever you think they will get....they will get the complete opposite.

I have ZERO faith that they know what they are doing when it comes to the draft
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2015 10:06 PM by gotigers1.)
06-20-2015 10:06 PM
Advertisement

tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(06-20-2015 09:16 PM)Dynamos Wrote:  

Dudes aging and his trade value is probably high right now. You guys talk as if TA is a Hall of Famer or something. He isnt indispensable
Again anyone suggesting to trade Tony is just flat out crazy. You don't trade an important piece to your team just to move up in a draft. Just like last year when the whole talk of trading tony for chase budinger. It's just crazy.

Also you trade of Tony would be an absolute PR nightmare.

Nobody has ever said Tony is a hall of famer. What most do realize though is Tony is the identity and heart and soul of this teams defense.

You don't win championships trading key pieces to your team
06-20-2015 11:38 PM
tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(06-20-2015 10:06 PM)gotigers1 Wrote:  The Grizzlies have had a horrible history of drafting players, so whoever you think they will get....they will get the complete opposite.

I have ZERO faith that they know what they are doing when it comes to the draft

This new group had really had one true draft and they did a good job last year
06-20-2015 11:39 PM
Dynamos Offline
Heisman

(06-20-2015 11:38 PM)tigers0830 Wrote:  

Again anyone suggesting to trade Tony is just flat out crazy. You don't trade an important piece to your team just to move up in a draft. Just like last year when the whole talk of trading tony for chase budinger. It's just crazy.

Nobody has ever said Tony is a hall of famer. What most do realize though is Tony is the identity and heart and soul of this teams defense.

The Spurs traded George Hill to move up to draft Leonard. It happens all the time. And the second part of your post has nothing to do with basketball. You cant let personal feelings and attachments effect personnel decisions
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2015 09:14 AM by Dynamos.)
06-21-2015 09:11 AM
tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(06-21-2015 09:11 AM)Dynamos Wrote:  

The Spurs traded George Hill to move up to draft Leonard. It happens all the time. And the second part of your post has nothing to do with basketball. You cant let personal feelings and attachments effect personnel decisions
George Hill wasn't as important to the spurs as Tony is to the Grizz
06-21-2015 11:18 AM
TigerStreet Offline
Water Engineer

The grizz suck at drafting. I just dread 5 years from now when we see how we missed on 15 stars while drafting another bust and untradeable player.
06-21-2015 04:03 PM
Advertisement

tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(06-21-2015 04:03 PM)TigerStreet Wrote:  The grizz suck at drafting. I just dread 5 years from now when we see how we missed on 15 stars while drafting another bust and untradeable player.

SMDH

how do you know the new regime sucks at drafting?
06-21-2015 04:26 PM
TigerStreet Offline
Water Engineer

(06-21-2015 04:26 PM)tiger1016 Wrote:  
(06-21-2015 04:03 PM)TigerStreet Wrote:  The grizz suck at drafting. I just dread 5 years from now when we see how we missed on 15 stars while drafting another bust and untradeable player.

SMDH

Because Chris Wallace is the one drafting.
06-21-2015 04:33 PM
tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(06-21-2015 04:33 PM)TigerStreet Wrote:  
(06-21-2015 04:26 PM)tiger1016 Wrote:  

SMDH

Because Chris Wallace is the one drafting.

I hope you know Hollinger is the one that really makes the choice?
06-21-2015 04:46 PM
spankadelphia Offline
Banned

Wallace has never really been our GM, which is exactly why he shouldn't be. He's just a PR mouthpiece basically.
06-21-2015 05:23 PM
Dynamos Offline
Heisman

(06-21-2015 11:18 AM)tigers0830 Wrote:  
(06-18-2015 02:32 PM)tigers0830 Wrote:  If your suggesting trading tony you have lost your mind.

Wrong. At the time Hill was thought of as a key piece and huge part of their future. Many Spurs fans wanted to start Hill and trade Parker. If TA wasnt a fan favorite you would have no trouble with trading him. He isnt a significant enough piece to rule untradable and doesnt move the needle much either way in regards to the teams ablity to win . He's just a role player. A high level role player but a role player. The only indespensable players we have are Conley, Marc and Zbo
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2015 07:38 PM by Dynamos.)
06-21-2015 07:06 PM
Advertisement

k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
sorry....we are very lucky to have Chris Wallace, for many reasons
06-21-2015 08:00 PM
tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(06-21-2015 07:06 PM)Dynamos Wrote:  
(06-21-2015 11:18 AM)tigers0830 Wrote:  
(06-20-2015 09:16 PM)Dynamos Wrote:  Dudes aging and his trade value is probably high right now. You guys talk as if TA is a Hall of Famer or something. He isnt indispensable

Wrong. At the time Hill was thought of as a key piece and huge part of their future. Many Spurs fans wanted to start Hill and trade Parker. If TA wasnt a fan favorite you would have no trouble with trading him. He isnt a significant enough piece to rule untradable and doesnt move the needle much either way in regards to the teams ablity to win . He's just a role player. A high level role player but a role player. The only indespensable players we have are Conley, Marc and Zbo
Hahahahahaha for thinking Tony is a role player. If the Spurs thought Hill was such a crucial piece to their team then they wouldn't have traded him. Just like it's fans that think trading Tony is a good idea.

Honestly there are only two players that are indespensable., but their are 4 guys that just won't be traded. Shane Battier was a fan favorite and I didn't care one bit when he was traded. So the fan favorite thing has nothing to do with this. I only care about winning a championship and you get rid of Tony then that gets that much harder. You aren't getting what he brings to the table through the draft this year or free agency.
06-22-2015 01:49 AM
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

If the Grizz want to add shooting, I'd suggest trading into the 2nd to land Pat Connaughton.
06-22-2015 09:57 AM
tigerscane Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tha tigers
They need to Do whatever it takes to get Kelly Oubre from Kansas....You put a athletic shooting talent like Oubre to what we got now and watch out....He is gonna be like another Paul George or better in time....If we can't get Oubre then we need to take a hard look at McCullough out of syracuse, Rashad Vaughn out of UNLV, or Christian Wood out of UNLV, and try and get into the second round and get Andrew Harrison....The World Is Ours Memphis....
06-22-2015 10:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

photo cincinnati.png  photo connecticut.png  photo east_carolina.png  photo houston.png  photo memphis.png  photo navy.png  photo smu.png  photo temple.png  photo tulane.png  photo central_florida.png  photo south_florida.png
 photo louisville.png  photo rutgers.png

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.