06-12-2015 06:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HeadsetGuy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ODU
RE: Le roi est finis
I can't wait for the JMU apologists posting their undying love for old Tom

now that NJIT has joined the A-Sun, old Tom has lost his last target for the CAA
06-12-2015 06:31 AM
SPACESCAPE Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: old dominion
The CAA was a great conference under his leadership for quite a while. I'd absolutely be lying if I said I didn't miss those days. The ODU VCU GMU JMU WM CAA hold most of my fondest moments as a sports fan. Doubt we'll ever be in a basketball conference like that again, it was a special moment in time. Nothing will ever replace all of the regional rivalries and I will never be but so comfortable with our conference mates here... The connection just isn't the same. Not by a long shot.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2015 07:19 AM by SPACESCAPE.)
06-12-2015 07:19 AM
GO_MONARKS Offline
1st String

JMU suivi de la situation...
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2015 08:54 AM by GO_MONARKS.)
06-12-2015 07:48 AM
Advertisement

Oduniceguy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Big Blue Beast
Yeager est le bouffon, pas le roi.
06-12-2015 08:07 AM
Monarch Homselr Offline
1st String

Rats...Sinking ship?
06-12-2015 11:31 AM
The Doctor Is In Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Old Dominion
No, just sounds like they have gas. It will pass, Frances...
06-12-2015 03:16 PM
Advertisement

TheDancinMonarch Offline
All American

(06-12-2015 07:19 AM)SPACESCAPE Wrote:  The CAA was a great conference under his leadership for quite a while. I'd absolutely be lying if I said I didn't miss those days. The ODU VCU GMU JMU WM CAA hold most of my fondest moments as a sports fan. Doubt we'll ever be in a basketball conference like that again, it was a special moment in time. Nothing will ever replace all of the regional rivalries and I will never be but so comfortable with our conference mates here... The connection just isn't the same. Not by a long shot.

Well said. And you are not alone.
06-12-2015 03:33 PM
Monarch Homselr Offline
1st String

I swear I'm starting to believe in radical change. Separate football completely from other sports. Send your football to whatever conference and make new "Olympics Sports" conference that are geographically sensible. Your football team only has to travel 6 or 7 times a season. All the other sports travel 2-3 times more than that. It would save hugely on travel budgets. Fans could go to more games. Stronger rivalries due to regional familiarity.
06-12-2015 08:36 PM
ETSUDB8-79 Offline
Coach

I Root For: ODU-ETSU
(06-12-2015 08:36 PM)Monarch Homselr Wrote:  I swear I'm starting to believe in radical change. Separate football completely from other sports. Send your football to whatever conference and make new "Olympics Sports" conference that are geographically sensible. Your football team only has to travel 6 or 7 times a season. All the other sports travel 2-3 times more than that. It would save hugely on travel budgets. Fans could go to more games. Stronger rivalries due to regional familiarity.

That is actually a brilliant idea and could so work and solve a lot of problems.04-rock Therefore I am sure it has no chance of ever being considered by those in power.03-weeping
06-12-2015 09:19 PM
Advertisement

monarx Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-12-2015 09:19 PM)ETSUDB8-79 Wrote:  
(06-12-2015 08:36 PM)Monarch Homselr Wrote:  I swear I'm starting to believe in radical change. Separate football completely from other sports. Send your football to whatever conference and make new "Olympics Sports" conference that are geographically sensible. Your football team only has to travel 6 or 7 times a season. All the other sports travel 2-3 times more than that. It would save hugely on travel budgets. Fans could go to more games. Stronger rivalries due to regional familiarity.

That is actually a brilliant idea and could so work and solve a lot of problems.04-rock Therefore I am sure it has no chance of ever being considered by those in power.03-weeping

It will only work once the P5 completely break away. Their whole plan is to price out everyone who isn't already part of their exclusive club. Keeping travel costs high isn't an issue for them. If they ever do break away I'd be all for taking every G5 school and redistributing them to the five conferences according to rivalries and geography. It has to happen one day, but we may all be gone by then.
06-12-2015 11:03 PM
ODUsmitty Online
Heisman

Yeager could have kept the band together had he not been so biased towards VCU.

A little more fairness in CAA tournament location and a little more vision in a moveup conference including ODU, JMU, Delaware, Towson, and Ga State could have been possible if he had only dared to be more than what the NCAA told him he could be.

Missed opportunity, and JMU and Delaware are the roadkill of possibilities that could have moved up to complete the dream of an east coast g5 league with great regional rivalries.
06-12-2015 11:19 PM
paintedblue2 Offline
All American

(06-12-2015 11:19 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  Yeager could have kept the band together had he not been so biased towards VCU.

A little more fairness in CAA tournament location and a little more vision in a moveup conference including ODU, JMU, Delaware, Towson, and Ga State could have been possible if he had only dared to be more than what the NCAA told him he could be.

Missed opportunity, and JMU and Delaware are the roadkill of possibilities that could have moved up to complete the dream of an east coast g5 league with great regional rivalries.

True. If that unicorn ever did exist it's head is surely mounted and displayed on a wall in Yeager's home.
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2015 09:02 AM by paintedblue2.)
06-13-2015 09:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.