Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dates for MAC Bowl games Set
Bookmark and Share
indianasniff Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Dates for MAC Bowl games Set
Pulled this from another thread on the subject for the MAC Bowl games. All games before Christmas

Raycom Media Camellia Bowl Cramton Bowl Sat., Dec. 19
MAC vs. Sun Belt Montgomery, AL 4:30PM
Famous Idaho Potato Bowl Bronco Stadium Dec 22 3:30
MAC vs. MWC Boise, ID
Boca Raton Bowl FAU Stadium Dec 22 7pm
MAC vs. The American Boca Raton, FL
GoDaddy Bowl Ladd-Peebles Stadium Wed., Dec. 23, 2015 at 8 p.m. (ET)
MAC vs. Sun Belt Mobile, AL
Popeyes Bahamas Bowl Thomas Robinson Stadium Thu., Dec. 24
C-USA vs. MAC Nassau, Bahamas
06-08-2015 04:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
RE: Dates for MAC Bowl games Set
Glad they moved up the Go Daddy game!!

Who wants to watch a minor bowl at 9 p.m. after two NFL playoff games!
06-08-2015 04:37 PM
prairiedawg Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES
This is great for taking off work and guaranteeing you can make your teams' bowl game.....unless you make the Access Bowl and I am going even if they need to can my ass for taking off.

Go NIU
06-08-2015 08:11 PM
Advertisement

Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
I'm glad we get to play the AAC in Boca instead of the C-USA a second time this bowl season.

I'm thrilled we got the Mobile Bowl before New Year's this year, historically our best attended games away from Detroit have been in Mobile during that time (Miami brought about 15K there in 2003), when we don't have to be a three hour championship commercial. The 23rd isn't ideal, but maybe they'll rename it the Festivus Bowl.
06-08-2015 08:26 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
The Boca Raton Bowl is on Monday instead of Tuesday and a 7 PM start instead of 6 PM. The Miami Bowl is the day before.
06-09-2015 09:31 AM
Advertisement

emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
06-09-2015 12:09 PM
chuckwalker Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Quote:I'm thrilled we got the Mobile Bowl before New Year's this year, historically our best attended games away from Detroit have been in Mobile during that time (Miami brought about 15K there in 2003),

Whoa- I went to the 2003 and 2010 Mobile Bowls for Miami. Miami had good support both times. I heard once we actually sold more tickets through the ticket office in 2010...but there were more Miami fans in Mobile in 2003 in my opinion. However, the official ticket count was closer to 4,000 in both years I believe.

No way were there 15K Miami fans in Mobile in 2003 unless Miami has a very strong contingent of Mobile locals that don't wear Miami gear and left at the beginning of the third quarter. It looked like about 2,500 in the 4th quarter of that game (which was still close).
06-09-2015 03:20 PM
Advertisement

exCincy Kid1 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I wasn't at the 2003 game, but from watching on TV, there was a very solid core of Miami fans at the game...it certainly looked like at least 8,000 Miami fans and I had heard similar estimates from those that did attend.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2015 04:03 PM by exCincy Kid1.)
06-09-2015 04:02 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

(06-09-2015 03:20 PM)chuckwalker Wrote:  
Quote:I'm thrilled we got the Mobile Bowl before New Year's this year, historically our best attended games away from Detroit have been in Mobile during that time (Miami brought about 15K there in 2003),

Whoa- I went to the 2003 and 2010 Mobile Bowls for Miami. Miami had good support both times. I heard once we actually sold more tickets through the ticket office in 2010...but there were more Miami fans in Mobile in 2003 in my opinion. However, the official ticket count was closer to 4,000 in both years I believe.

No way were there 15K Miami fans in Mobile in 2003 unless Miami has a very strong contingent of Mobile locals that don't wear Miami gear and left at the beginning of the third quarter. It looked like about 2,500 in the 4th quarter of that game (which was still close).

15K is probably a bit generous, I'm going from what I heard (real official I know) since I wasn't there. It would be hard to tell in 2003 since we played Louisville, who brought plenty of red-wearing fans obviously. But if we got 4,000 in 2010 when we had sucked for many years before and the bowl was in January, we got at least twice that when we had dominated that year and you include fans who weren't in the official Miami section.
06-09-2015 08:07 PM
Advertisement

exCincy Kid1 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
That same year we played and creamed NW in Evanston. (something lilke 44-10). Now, I was at that game and it was biggest outpouring of Miami fans I have ever seen at a regular season away game. Since NW is purple clad and Miami red it was easy to see how many fans we had there, and I'd guess it was easily over 8,000. (the entire away side was a sea of red). I ran into a number of old Miami acquaintences at the game I hadn't seen in years....great fun!
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2015 11:08 AM by exCincy Kid1.)
06-10-2015 08:41 AM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

(06-10-2015 08:41 AM)exCincy Kid1 Wrote:  That same year we played and creamed NW in Evanston. (something lilke 44-10). Now, I was at that game and it was biggest outpouring of Miami fans I have ever seen at a regular season away game. Since NW is purple clad and Miami red it was easy to see how many fans we had there, and I'd guess it was easily over 8,000. (the entire away side was a sea of red). I ran into a number of old Miami acquaintences at the game I hadn't seen in years....great fun!

Yup, you can kinda see it towards the beginning of this video. Good times.

06-10-2015 05:39 PM
exCincy Kid1 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Yeah, the good ol' days, L&H. I used to prioritize making at least one Miami away game a year, but has not been on my "bucket" list these last few, mostly miserable years for Miami football. Man, I really enjoyed watching that video!
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2015 03:41 PM by exCincy Kid1.)
06-11-2015 03:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.