Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
RE: Summer Two Deep released...
(06-08-2015 11:31 AM)Pan95 Wrote:  Summer Two Deep

I like that 10 of 11 names listed at TE/WR are 6'1" or taller.
06-08-2015 12:12 PM
Pan95 Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice/WY
Kind of interesting that Jack Fox is #1 on the depth chart at Place Kicker...having not reported yet.
06-08-2015 12:36 PM
mrbig Offline
Heisman

For the folks who think Bailiff buries young guys on the depth chart, on the offense/defense 2-deep there are:
9 RS Freshman (Anderson, Klinger, Pierce, L. Wright, P. Smith, B. Wright, Ibe, JP Thompson, As. Walter)
16 sophomores (including Hunt and Alaka, who were incorrectly listed as RS Fr on the depth chart)
13 Juniors
11 Seniors

Looking at the names on the depth chart, I'm pretty excited about the secondary. I know the team lost a lot of experience, but there is some good size and athleticism back there. 4/5 of the listed starters are > 6-feet tall.

Pretty amazing that Grant Peterson came in as a skinny TE (6'5" 220 lb) and is now a DT!

No Austin Walter listed. RB sure has a lot of talent for limited carries.
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2015 01:35 PM by mrbig.)
06-08-2015 12:38 PM
Advertisement

Buho00 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Interesting that Peterson is now a DT. What about Robby Wells? I don't see him anywhere, and interestingly Luke Turner is instead listed at TE. Not sure if it's just to get Luke into the depth chart somewhere, or if Wells is hurt. And IIRC we have another upperclassman TE as well, can't remember his name.
06-08-2015 01:40 PM
mrbig Offline
Heisman

Reid Mitchell is the other TE you were thinking of.
06-08-2015 01:47 PM
greyowl72 Offline
Heisman

(06-08-2015 12:38 PM)mrbig Wrote:  For the folks who think Bailiff buries young guys on the depth chart, on the offense/defense 2-deep there are:
9 RS Freshman (Anderson, Klinger, Pierce, L. Wright, P. Smith, B. Wright, Ibe, JP Thompson, As. Walter)
16 sophomores (including Hunt and Alaka, who were incorrectly listed as RS Fr on the depth chart)
13 Juniors
11 Seniors

Looking at the names on the depth chart, I'm pretty excited about the secondary. I know the team lost a lot of experience, but there is some good size and athleticism back there. 4/5 of the listed starters are > 6-feet tall.

Pretty amazing that Grant Peterson came in as a skinny TE (6'5" 220 lb) and is now a DT!

No Austin Walter listed. RB sure has a lot of talent for limited carries.

On offense, there are only two Srs. listed as on them"top line". I think 2015 will be a good year for the offense. If we can solve NEXT years QB question 2016 offense looks really good. Only losing Driphus and Reue. Assuming no major injuries.
06-08-2015 02:07 PM
Pan95 Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice/WY
Well, some of the classes are off. Luke Turner, Dennis Parks, and Caleb Williams are also Seniors.

Grant Peterson looked extremely disruptive on the interior. The staff seems to get guys into their more productive position (Porras from WR to Safety, Turner Petersen from Safety to RB, McGuffie at Slot, Nico Carlson at Offensive Guard) but it sometimes seems that it is a year or two later than ideal. I hope that Martin gets significant pt at Center because he was very effective at Defensive line.

I agree with MrBig regarding the size and athleticism in the defensive backfield. I am a little concerned that Martin Nwakamma is not in the two deep at KAT. Anyone know anything about JP Thompson (a preferred walkon)?

Also regarding the QB battle for 2016. Unless substantial growth happens, I don't know if I have seen enough to be confident that we are set at QB in 2016. I see potential, but nothing proven. For instance, Driphus played well enough in the 2012 Armed Forces bowl his Freshman year that we had a legitimate possibility for a QB controversy in 2013.
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2015 02:39 PM by Pan95.)
06-08-2015 02:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.